Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Wtf Happend To My Friend!! This Is Bs!

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by muteownz, Mar 23, 2004.

1. muteownz

muteownz IncGamers Member

Wtf Happend To My Friend!! This Is Bs!

I WAS IN A BAAL RUN GAME MY FRIEND JOINED WE WERE DOING THE LAST MINIONS THEY ALL DIED AND THEN ALL OF A SUDDEN MY FRIENDS ENIMGA JUST DROPS ON THE GROUND. I WAS LIKE WTF. I TRIED TO GRAB IT BUT SOME PALLY SNAGGED IT. I ASKED FOR IT BACK BUT OF COURSE U KNOW A HOLE BNETERS WOULD NEVER GIVE BACK SOMETHING CUS THEY HAVE NO LIFE. WHY DID THIS HAPPEN?! WHY DID HIS ENIMGA JUST DROP ON THE GROUND LIKE THAT. THIS F'D UP. HE WORKED SO HARD TRYING TO GET THAT. NOW HE HAS NOTHING. AND I FEEL HORIBLE ABOUT IT. IS THERE SOME KINDA *** HACK GOING AROUND? OR IS IT A BS BUG THAT BNET WONT FIX LIKE THE OTHER STUPID BUGS IN THIS GAME. WELL WTF? THIS HAPPEN TO ANYONE ELSE?

sorry for caps n such. this is just angered me very.

- joe..

2. SinfulSlave

SinfulSlave Banned

Sounds like ... lag?
    The game started lagging, which is why the minions were suddenly dead, your friend had his character screen open and was randomly clicking because he was lagging?
    Seems to be the best explanation.
    Sorry for his loss.
    :(

3. Talon0835

Talon0835 IncGamers Member

There was a hack someone put out as a joke (a tradehack, I think) that actually dropped all your items. Someone coulda probably altered this to drop only the armor though. If you really think your friend's legit and believe in him, then I don't know. The explanation I made is the only one that makes sense.

The lag could sort of make sense but seems...too weird.

4. Faye

Faye IncGamers Member

Misclicking during lag periods is not uncommon. I do it all the time, mostly when I panic, especially when going up against Baal's lag-o-minions (in 1.09).

5. decoy_sJ

decoy_sJ IncGamers Member

that really sucks..my heart goes out to ur friend..i can imagine how much time he spent trying to get that egnima :hanky:

6. muteownz

sorry again for the rage n stuff. but i'm mad and yet i feel so bad. i couldnt get his enimga when it dropped i feel utterly worthless at the moment. i asked him if he had his invintory window open he said no. it wasnt in town it was in the throne so there wasnt anything to do with a trade screen. *sigh*

7. muteownz

"If you really think your friend's legit and believe in him, then I don't know."

what do you mean by this? are you saying he dropped it on purpose? this is like one of the ONLY guys i trust on b net. i dont know what ur getting at with that comment.

- joe

8. RunningUppercut

RunningUppercut Banned

No, they are asking if your friend downloaded any programs lately (maphack, bots) because it could have been a Trojan that caused the armor to drop.

9. KranK

KranK IncGamers Member

What he's "getting at" is whether or not your friend might have downloaded a 3rd party program. But as has been suggested, most likely he dropped it himself accidently during the lag.

10. Faye

Faye IncGamers Member

Lag can do strange and funky things.

11. Reggitsan

Reggitsan Banned

Live life, learn lessons, play with friends only.

Kind of common knowledge, I thought.

12. Azonian

Azonian IncGamers Member

Heh, lag has caused...no pick up bug, no charge bug...., no leaping bug, stuck in charge bug, stuck standing next to cain having to stare at this ugly wrinkly ***!!! Now possibly this....i hate lag...i hate lag....btw have i mentioned i hate lag??? :rant: :rant:

13. raffster

raffster IncGamers Member

BLAME LAG. Last night the same thing ALMOST happened to me.

Was doing a public baal run and my computer would usually freeze for 3-5 seconds when Baal dies. I have this bad habit of opening my inventory screen for a last minute "space check". Lag was worse than usual last night and as soon as I hit "I", I accidentally hovered my mouse right on top of my Enigma armor, Baal dies and the screen freezes. As soon as things "returned to normal" my mouse had selected the Enigma armor as though ready to drop it on the ground. If I "clicked to let go" the four other people in the game would have scooped it up before I could realize what just happened.

I am thinking your friend probably had the same thing happen to him. Only he actually clicked to let go of the armor.

Sorry for your friend's loss.

14. Asylla

Asylla IncGamers Member

I have a bad habit of this too, thanks for the heads up!

15. Wuhan_Clan

Wuhan_Clan IncGamers Member

I lost a wizspike because of something similar. I was Baal running and we were fighting Baal when I opened my inventory to see if I had any room to pick up stuff. While I was rearranging the inventory, the game lags very badly (and I stupidly keep clicking) and when its over, my wizspike is gone. Lucky for me, I didn't lose something more valuable that I was equipped with.

Another time, I was rearranging charms in my inventory when lag struck as well. The Baal run was clearing out the worldstone so there weren't many people directly around me. The lag was also not as intense. However, I accidentally dropped my first Annihilus. My heart literally skipped a beat(s) as I saw the gold letters of The Annihilus on the ground. The more favorable conditions during this game allowed me to regrab the charm. Since people were simply killing monsters, only one other person had actually noticed that I dropped it.

Conclusion: lag is a funny but vicious animal. Tread carefully.

16. Unholy_Carnage

Unholy_Carnage IncGamers Member

People killing monsters in a baal run? Where do you do these runs....everyone i joined i have to battle my way down to the throne before anyone decides to come....and I wasent using a sorc.

17. Bakerking31

Bakerking31 IncGamers Member

the person who this happened to happens to be my best friend ... out of Bnet ... and he said he did not have the char window open, and did not download any other programs. I have been in a different game where a pally dropped a BOTD zerker axe and some othe rpally picked it up and left ... mabie its the same guy??? jus throwin out ideas

18. conan

conan IncGamers Member

Ooooooohhhh! how Zen!

19. Knarl

Knarl IncGamers Member

20. muteownz

that wouldnt make sence.. cus first off he had it for quite some time and never had any problems. 2nd this is ladder btw. 3rd he joined a baal run that was nearly full and he filled it up. so no one could have followed him and did anything to his armor. i dont know stupid stuff happens. just today i was xfering with him and all of a sudden poof got kicked out of the game. i was like ok tried joining the game it didnt exist. ALL my stuff was laying on the ground. i hate bnet sometimes i really do. nothing i can do about it. they dont fix anything. i'm sick of that charge bug. my pally is pretty much worthless when i try to duel and all a sudden i'm froze. i die get called a stupid newb and my gold gets jacked. :rant: