Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

wtf???? getting real pissed

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by I-bring-realm-down, Oct 4, 2006.

1. I-bring-realm-down

I-bring-realm-down Banned

wtf???? getting real pissed

This is starting to happen again where diablo will just freeze up in the middle of the game and the only way out is a hard reset. I also believe this same thing caused me to have to reinstall windows. Why is this happening? Anyone else have this problem?

2. lagalot

lagalot IncGamers Member

I was getting similar problems until about a week ago.Now it seems to have stopped:rolleyes:Possibly it was server related and it has been fixed,Im on west realm btw.

3. ModeratelyConfused

ModeratelyConfused Banned

Are you running in windowed mode or fullscreen?

4. DANIEL3RD

DANIEL3RD IncGamers Member

Just a thought do you have a virus checker, disc checker or any other form of programme that is timed to run in the background. If you do it could be this that is making your game freeze as it ties up valuable resources whilst the check programe runs.

5. Eilo Rytyj

Eilo Rytyj IncGamers Member

Funny, the EXACT same thing happened to me, up until a week or 2 ago. Computer completely freezes during D2, need to reset the thing. I also play USWest, if that matters.

I thought it was just my dodgy computer playing up again, but it wasn't making any beeping noises, like it usually does when it gets sick.

I don't run any virus/disc checkers, or any other programs in the background, aside from the occasional music and this site on IExplorer. Both of which have caused no problems in the past.

6. lagalot

lagalot IncGamers Member

Well thats exact same as me then.At a guess Id say blizzard are fixing some bug realm to realm and west was first on the list...maybe..

7. I-bring-realm-down

I-bring-realm-down Banned

At least I know it is not just me. It is kinda stupid that you cannot even get back into windows to reboot. I hate having to hard reset my comp because it messes up alot of stuff :(

8. DANIEL3RD

DANIEL3RD IncGamers Member

Does it also prevent you from "ctrl-alt-del" and then closing down diablo from the windows task manager?

9. lagalot

lagalot IncGamers Member

Thats what it was doing to me.Only way to reset was hit the reset button.That doesnt do a lot of good fro your pc when it happens regularly.Kinda weird that it just stopped without any maintenance.