Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Wtf almost got expelled

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by ael, Oct 24, 2006.

1. ael

ael IncGamers Member

Wtf almost got expelled

From my school. Yeah. >.>

Why? Read further. Well, first of all you should know that Im editing our school newspaper. Cool thing actualy. Secondly you should know that I have medium long hair. And that we have one crazy principle. He just invented a new rule that male students must not have hair longer than 5 centimeters. :starry:

That at the beggining of the year. So everyone cut his hair, well basicaly most students did. And I didnt. And I didnt have any sort of problem. I was being a good boy and never been disrespectful to my teachers, so they leaved me alone. That changed about a week ago, when al of a sudden my english teacher started picking on me because I mad an off the cuff remark behind her back. >.> He spoke with the principle and everything in order to get me expelled, at least punished. So By this time next week If I dont cut my hair Im in deep ****. I could bear with that. Tho the fun part was just begining. Me being the editor of our famous and higly rated paper (/sarcasm), I put a story in the paper. I would post it, but I dont think many of you understand hungarian. Basicaly it was about that most ppl had cut their hair in order to not get booted. On the other hand many students smoke in the restroom. I think I was a bit soft with the expression, I`ll correct myself. On that specific stage of the building the corridor is as foggy as a winter morning. Sometimes a teacher comes in and says to the pupils: dont throw the rest of your cigs to the ground, we have a basket for that. M`kay boys? Also unbelievably one day we observed that there was a nice big fan installed close to the rest room`s ceiling in order to pull the smoke out. Im quite sure it wasnt a student who installed it overnight... Oh, and did I say that one of the school rules say that if you get busted for smoking you`ll have to pay ~300 bucks? And I forgot to metion that the rest room for teachers which is as least as foggy as ours isnt located in our building - according to the official building plans ofc. Because none of the teachers are smoking in our school ofc. So we have to cut our hair(thats allimportant) but smoking is ok. The conlusion of the story was: Cut your hair and get a pack of cigs!

No wonder the principle is mad at me now... Is it more important not to have long hair than to not to smoke? Thats just retarded. Every parent is laughing at him now.

Well, I just thought I`ll share this as I found it utterly ridiculous. :sad2:

2. {KOW}Spazed

{KOW}Spazed Banned

If you get parents on your side nothing will happen, principals are notorious for crippling under any outside group. They go on a power trip in their school until someone calls bull**** and they they scuttle(I love that word) back to their office and do whatever to make it all better.

3. Ariadne

Ariadne IncGamers Member

Men with long hair are lovely! Well usually. Me and my colleague think so, anyways. :flowers: So try to keep it!

Jesus had long hair, mind you.

And no one can force you to cut your hair, if you live in a free country... unless your long hair is endangering someones health or so.

4. aman

aman Assassin Moderator

Edit : nvm

5. HAMC8112

HAMC8112 IncGamers Member

That is a crazy story man, some weirdo telling people when and how to cut their hair. That's just crazy.

Imagine that!

Lol, they should try that with my son, i cant even make him cut his hair.:laugh:

6. Johnny

Johnny Banned

Cut your hair hippie and finish school. Dont try to be some martyr for a cause that will only bring you to the unemployment office because you pissed away your chance at an education.

7. bg1256

bg1256 IncGamers Member

Is it a private school? If so, it seems they might have a right to force you to cut your hair, as silly as the rule may be.

If not, then get your parents to protest, etc. That should keep your beautiful locks where they belong.

8. {KOW}Spazed

{KOW}Spazed Banned

If it is a public school they cannot tell him to cut his hair unless it is becoming a distraction to the other students. They can't try to pull that one though, as I'm assuming they let the girls have hair longer than 2 inches.

Hell even my school(Private all boys) allows me to have my hair down to my eyebrows.

Stand up now, crazy people in power take little by little until you can't do anything about it.

9. myleftfoot

myleftfoot IncGamers Member

Don't know if it makes a difference but this is Hungry, not the US.

10. ael

ael IncGamers Member

Well all the girls I know say that if I cut my hair they`ll kill me. Thight spot I guess. :p

Its not a private school, but in my country every school has its own set of rules which can be tightened from the general national ones. My parents say that the principle is an arse and I should just cut my hair and put it behind... So thats what Im gonna do probably. And no, I wont quit school because of something stupid like this, so no worries. :azn:
    It makes a whole lot of difference. And it isnt Hungary, its Romania. ;)

11. P2blr

P2blr IncGamers Member

that's better, no Hungarian likes to hear that they're from hungry, and being called a hungry Hungarian is no better.

It's been a long time since I was last there and even then I went to an american school, so I don't exactly know if the principal can do that, as it makes no sense, but that's the way they are over there: like to screw over anyone they can regardless of how low their station is, as you can tell by the PM's radio confession.

12. Sir EvilFreeSmeg

Sir EvilFreeSmeg Banned

Run the principal up the flagpole over the weekend. In Hungary or the US, it's guaranteed to get the point across. All you need is a bunch of people in on it who all have a bone to pick with the fascist pig I mean principal

13. Merick

Merick IncGamers Member

Call the local media.

Is long hair on guys supposed to be immoral or something? Are the girls allowed to shave their heads?

14. Sir EvilFreeSmeg

Sir EvilFreeSmeg Banned

Long hair on guys mens they are teh ghey! OH NOES!!!

That reminds me, I still have the ponytail that I had cut off in 1999. 18" of glorious long beautiful hair.

She asks me why
    I'm just a hairy guy
    I'm hairy noon and night
    Hair that's a fright
    I'm hairy high and low
    Don't ask me why
    Don't know
    It's not for lack of break
    Like the Grateful Dead
    Darling

Gimme head with hair
    Long beautiful hair
    Shining, gleaming,
    Streaming, flaxen, waxen

Give me down to there hair
    Shoulder length or longer
    Here baby, there mama
    Everywhere daddy daddy

Hair, hair, hair, hair, hair, hair, hair
    Flow it, show it
    Long as God can grow it
    My hair

Let it fly in the breeze
    And get caught in the trees
    Give a home to the fleas in my hair
    A home for fleas
    A hive for bees
    A nest for birds
    There ain't no words
    For the beauty, the splendor, the wonder
    Of my...

Flow it, show it
    Long as God can grow it
    My hair

I want it long, straight, curly, fuzzy
    Snaggy, shaggy, ratty, matty
    Oily, greasy, fleecy
    Shining, gleaming, streaming
    Flaxen, waxen
    Knotted, polka-dotted
    Twisted, beaded, braided
    Powdered, flowered, and confettied
    Bangled, tangled, spangled, and spaghettied!

Oh say can you see
    My eyes if you can
    Then my hair's too short

Down to here
    Down to there
    Down to where
    It stops by itself

They'll be ga ga at the go go
    When they see me in my toga
    My toga made of blond
    Brilliantined
    Biblical hair

My hair like Jesus wore it
    Hallelujah I adore it
    Hallelujah Mary loved her son
    Why don't my mother love me?

Flow it, show it
    Long as God can grow it
    My hair, hair, hair, hair, hair, hair, hair
    Flow it, show it
    Long as God can grow it
    My hair

15. Dondrei

Dondrei IncGamers Member

You silly Europeans, haven't you learned yet that free speech - especially satire - is dangerous and should be repressed? What's it going to take, more rioting Muslims?

Yeah, it's ridiculous. I'd say getting the parents to get together and put pressure on them is the best way.

Actually, no-one knows what length his hair was.

I don't know about Romania, but you might be surprised there. Just because you're a private organisation doesn't mean you can do what you like.

16. {KOW}Spazed

{KOW}Spazed Banned

Actually, since you have to sign a contract saying you'll obey their rules you really have little to stand on unless parents get angry.

17. Dondrei

Dondrei IncGamers Member

I'm not an expert on constitutional law, but I'm pretty certain you can't sign away your constitutional entitlements so easily.

18. Merick

Merick IncGamers Member

I'm pretty sure those "I pledge to be drug free" things we signed in elementary school are legally binding. It's what's kept me from doing drugs, anyway.

19. {KOW}Spazed

{KOW}Spazed Banned

I signed a contract saying I'd obey the rules of my school and so did both of my parents. If they spring a new rule on us I might be able to fight it, but if it is in the handbook I'm screwed.

Besides I don't think the Right to Long Hair is in the Constitution and it would be VERY hard to argue that it hurts my right to happiness.

In the end it is just hair and it will grow back, but if they are going to punish me for something that isn't against the law and ignore those who are doing something against the law(I dunno if Hungary has an age limit on cigs) you can bet I'll raise hell.

20. Dondrei

Dondrei IncGamers Member

Whether or not it would fly in court of course depends on how sympathetic the judge is to your cause...