Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

WSK Drop Results

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by EatSleepDiablo, Nov 14, 2010.

1. EatSleepDiablo

EatSleepDiablo IncGamers Member

WSK Drop Results

Back in May, I began running WSK in earnest to accomplish two things: level a character to 99 and finish my grail. At that time, my character was at 93+- and I was 25+- items short of completion.

My runner is here, although she has been respected several times. Her gear today is fairly similar, but skills are more in line with a pure LF build.

I have tracked every S/U, Baal S/G charms, and rune drop (by hand), and have promised to periodically post my results. While I am still debating how best to accomplish this, I have done a quick compilation of TC3s, TC87s, Baal grand charms, and runes.

To summarize the typical run, my map is set up for short jaunts, whereby I kill 2-4 boss packs on Lvl 2, 4-6 on Lvl 3, and 1-3 on Lvl 4—all on players 1. I average 2.25 minutes before minions spawn. I up the players setting to 8 for minions and run Baal at players 3. Start to finish, a run takes a little over 5 minutes, although I do not keep to a regimented schedule and will wander if the mood strikes me.

I hit the Lvl 98 threshold last month, and current experience is about 3.26M. 2,424 runs have been completed to date, with 3,050+- remaining to 99 (assuming no deaths, which is unlikely).

Now for results:

For grand charms, Baal has dropped 21 (1 per 115 runs). I have rerolled about a quarter of them, with reasonably good results. I wasted about 100 Pgems on small Baal charms before redirecting resources elsewhere (item Lvl88s have worked best for me).

TC3:

Code:

WSK 2-4	Minion	Baal			   
    		1	Arctic Furs	Quilted Armor (TC 3)	   
    			Bane Ash	Short Staff (TC 3)	   
    		1	Biggin's Bonnet	Cap (TC 3)	   
    		2	Blinkbat's Form	Leather Armor (TC 3)	   
    1		1	Death's Guard	Sash (TC 3)	   
    2		1	Death's Hand	Leather Gloves (TC 3)	   
    		1	Felloak	Club (TC 3)	   
    			Greyform	Quilted Armor (TC 3)	   
    			Gull	Dagger (TC 3)	   
    			Hotspur	Boots (TC 3)	   
    		5	Hsarus' Iron Fist	Buckler (TC 3)	   
    		2	Infernal Cranium	Cap (TC 3)	   
    		1	Knell Striker	Scepter (TC 3)	   
    			Lenymo	Sash (TC 3)	   
    		1	Pelta Lunata	Buckler (TC 3)	   
    			Pluckeye	Short Bow (TC 3)	   
    		3	Rixot's Keen	Short Sword (TC 3)	   
    			Sander's Paragon	Cap (TC 3)	   
    2		1	Tancred's Hobnails	Boots (TC 3)	   
    			The Gnasher	Hand Axe (TC 3)	   
    		2	The Hand of Broc	Leather Gloves (TC 3)	   
    			Torch of Iro	Wand (TC 3)	   
    		2	Vidala's Ambush	Leather Armor (TC 3)	   
    5	0	24			 

As shown, Baal loves dropping these, surprisingly. Not one of the 29 spawned from a minion and only 5 from Lvls 2-4. I still need 2 TC3s for my grail (Hotspurs and Greyform), so here’s hoping that Baal remains as generous.

TC87:

Code:

WSK 2-4	Minion	Baal			   
    			Astreon's Iron Ward	Caduceus (TC 87)	   
    1	1	1	Bul-Kathos' Sacred Charge	Colossus Blade (TC 87)	   
    6	2		Bul-Kathos' Tribal Guardian	Mythical Sword (TC 87)	   
    			Crown of Ages	Corona (TC 87)	   
    			Darkforce Spawn	Bloodlord Skull (TC 87)	   
    1		2	Death Cleaver	Berserker Axe (TC 87)	   
    	1		Death's Fathom	Dimensional Shard (TC 87)	   
    		1	Death's Web	Unearthed Wand (TC 87)	   
    			Earth Shifter	Thunder Maul (TC 87)	   
    2		1	Executioner's Justice	Glorious Axe (TC 87)	   
    			Gargoyle's Bite	Winged Harpoon (TC 87)	   
    	1		Ghostflame	Legend Spike (TC 87)	   
    			Griffon's Eye	Diadem (TC 87)	   
    1	1		Griswold's Honor	Vortex Shield (TC 87)	   
    1	1		Griswold's Redemption	Caduceus (TC 87)	   
    1		1	Griswold's Valor	Corona (TC 87)	   
    3			Immortal King's Soul Cage	Sacred Armor (TC 87)	   
    			Mang Song's Lesson	Archon Staff (TC 87)	   
    			M'avina's True Sight	Diadem (TC 87)	   
    			Natalya's Mark	Scissors Suwayyah (TC 87)	   
    1			Shadow Dancer	Myrmidon Greaves (TC 87)	   
    1		1	Steel Pillar	War Pike (TC 87)	   
    	1		Steelrend	Ogre Gauntlets (TC 87)	   
    1			Stormspire	Giant Thresher (TC 87)	   
    			Templar's Might	Sacred Armor (TC 87)	   
    			The Cranium Basher	Thunder Maul (TC 87)	   
    1			The Grandfather	Colossus Blade (TC 87)	   
    			Tyrael's Might	Sacred Armor (TC 87)	   
    1	2		Windforce	Hydra Bow (TC 87)	   
    21	10	7			 

As has been frequently reported, I can confirm that Baal is not a good source for TC87s. Boss packs, of course, are, but interestingly, 6 of my 21 drops in WSK 2-4 have item levels of 85, including a WF and my only pair of Shadow Dancers. It may not be efficient to kill random monsters, but it is not without its rewards.

I lack 6 TC87s including CoA, Tyraels, the two TMauls, Bloodlords, and Mangs.

Runes:

Code:

WSK 2-4	Minion	Baal	Chest		   
    9	6	1		Lum Rune	   
    7	8			Ko Rune	   
    4	1	2		Fal Rune	   
    3	3	1		Lem Rune	   
    5	2			Pul Rune	   
    	2	1		Um Rune	   
    1	2			Mal Rune	   
    3		1		Ist Rune	   
    2				Gul Rune	   
    	2			Vex Rune	   
    	1	1		Ohm Rune	   
    	1			Lo Rune	   
    	1			Sur Rune	   
    1				Ber Rune	   
    				Jah Rune	   
    1				Cham Rune	   
    				Zod Rune	 

Not sure why I still pick up Lums, but old habits are hard to break. As shown, runes through Pul drop with some regularity. HRs (Mal+) are less so, but 1 per 140+- runs is not bad. I am a Jah and Zod short of finding every rune in WSK.

I’ll try to develop a more efficient way to translate handwritten notes and post updates more frequently.

FYI, my grail has stood at 13 for the last couple months and includes a couple of head scratchers (Halaberd's Reign and Azurewrath). Here's hoping the D2 gods throw me a bone soon...

2. JoeBruce

JoeBruce IncGamers Member

Re: WSK Drop Results

Nice thread. I think your readouts are about as clear as you can make them with the tools provided - your point gets across.

It sounds like you are making good progress on an epic goal, so keep it up. I've never leveled a character past 93, but I've heard that after 95-96 it takes a long time. Kudos to sticking with it - I'm sure you will fill a few (if not all) holes in that grail before hitting 99.

3. Corrupted

Corrupted IncGamers Member

Very impressive!

Its always cool to see relative newcomers do well, especially in regards to the quest for 99. And quite an unorthodox way too. Its great to see that there's still people who attempt to combine the different aspects of gaining exp, finding runes and finding S/U's efficiently in one char/run.
    I'm curious to hear what your build has landed on by now though.
    I thought maxblock with Spirit was a crazy idea and you had too big of an emphasis on leech in your original build. Additionally, why the need or two different attacks if you're only clearing WSK at p1 anyway? I'd imagine a weak Jab and your mercenary should be plenty for that? But I guess you already figured this out and (ab)used the 1.13 respec :badteeth:

How much MF do you have now? And are you wearing Griffon's or Harlequin's Crest?

Like you said, the drops reflect what we already now. Even so, you can see how important a higher player setting is if you want runes to drop in areas. P1-3 just doesn't yield much in that regard.

Lastly, awesome amulet! I prefer Highlord's myself as I've never found the javelins/jmod to get enough IAS otherwise. If you decide to go baal-only runs later getting the 68 fcr breakpoint for teleporting with your CtA switch should be no problem ;)

4. EatSleepDiablo

I'm curious to hear what your build has landed on by now though.

I'll update my build in the original thread tonight. My biggest gear change (thank you Baal):

Storm Nails
    Sharkskin Boots
    Defense: 44
    Durability: 14 of 14
    Required Level: 25
    Required Strength: 47
    Fingerprint: 0x71a79738
    Item Level: 99
    Version: Expansion 1.10+
    +20% Faster Run/Walk
    +10% Enhanced Defense
    Lightning Resist +32%
    Fire Resist +33%
    25% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

I thought maxblock with Spirit was a crazy idea and you had too big of an emphasis on leech in your original build.

Of course 17LL (10 from Andys; 7 from Titans) is a lot...until its not. She usually runs around with a full red bulb unless things get interesting [toe to toe with Baal while Amped (which I do not recommend), exploding fetishes (this was fixed?), convicted souls, etc].

I use CS a lot so max block is a must. Since Spirit is my only source of FHR (no D/A/E), I really did not have a choice in the matter. Points in Dex have been reduced to the minimum required, but they are not wasted IMO because of how she is built.

Additionally, why the need or two different attacks if you're only clearing WSK at p1 anyway? I'd imagine a weak Jab and your mercenary should be plenty for that?

A high physical damage allows for reliable leaching. Further, undead mages on Lvl 3 are unbreakable. Lastly, I am not a fan of relying on the merc for anything more than a meat shield (vs wave 5 and mana burners) and to carry Infinity.

On this last point, the biggest downside to this version of the build (vs the original) is her diminished killing power for LIs. I now have ensure an attentive (and alive) merc against souls and other immunes to dispatch them efficiently. Before, with big commitments to Dex and Passives, I could pretty much run without him, or at least manage. Not so anymore, but maxed lightning skills are too intoxicating to pass up, particularly in taking out Baal himself.

How much MF do you have now?

It will vary, but around 350.

And are you wearing Griffon's or Harlequin's Crest?

Do not laugh, but Andy's. Great mods all around, including an extra 15 IAS from a ruby fervor jewel. My Griffs is tempting (-19%/+14% + perfect facet), but I have gone with safety/balance over damage.

Lastly, awesome amulet! I prefer Highlord's myself as I've never found the javelins/jmod to get enough IAS otherwise.

Highlords would be my choice if not for that ammy. It pretty much forces my hand with Andys for IAS, but I am not complaining (other than to voice my displeasure over the extreme costs of crafting).

If you decide to go baal-only runs later getting the 68 fcr breakpoint for teleporting with your CtA switch should be no problem

Sounds crazy but I actually like running, even though it puts me in harms way against some off the wall mods. Obviously, deaths are an unhappy event, but when put in context of the grail, they do not affect me for long.

Note: I am convinced that there is a glitch in the game that periodically affects resists. I find myself having to unequip/equip Enigma every 100+- runs to enable teleporting (skill unavailable otherwise). There is no other explanation for deaths/NDE to otherwise unremarkable boss packs​

5. jjscud

jjscud IncGamers Member

Looks good, its always nice to see a wsk/baal running zon.

Just out of curiosity, are you the stubborn type about killing everything? It seems like skipping a few mobs (the unbreakable skellies in WSK 3) would allow you to gear up to a purer LF style and gain more speed/kills in the end.

Also, have you fixed your D2 resolution yet, d2's in game res is different from your screen's resolution.

6. EatSleepDiablo

I stubbornly kill most monsters on the way to stairs. If souls or Horror Mages are ticking me off, I'll run past them, but my goal is generally to have my BO last until the first wave.

Re: resolution.

At the higher setting, I cannot tell the difference between rares and uniques (i.e. same color). I think my video card is off...

7. NagisaFurukawa

NagisaFurukawa IncGamers Member

Nice finds, and good luck on the rest of your runs. It's great seeing you're still plugging away at it.

Could you explain what changes you made that now force her to become more reliant on her mercenary?

8. EatSleepDiablo

For LIs.

The physical side of the build is diminished by reductions in Critical Strike (8+- pts) & Penetrate (19 pts). They are not missed greatly with Conviction (due to enemy defense reduction), but when moron is holding up a wall somewhere, the losses are noticeable.

9. Corale

Corale IncGamers Member

Nice progress, I like the way you play! Good luck with the final stretch.