Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Writing cds as 1 continuous track?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Xenon[XoA], Sep 3, 2006.

1. Xenon[XoA]

Xenon[XoA] Banned

Writing cds as 1 continuous track?

I have SONIC software installed, it's pretty uh... well, disgustingly basic, but when I enable the No Pause Between Tracks option, it still leaves a 1 second break in between the songs. I assume this' the right option since nothing else's remotely close to that. Would I have to get different software then?

If so, any suggestions? I've tried Nero, and it looked pretty decent, but i'm not too impressed with its performance so far. I tried burning a datacd with it, and the end product wasn't even recognizable as data. Nero was able to tell it was there, but the disc read as 0 bytes free, 0 bites used and nothing showed up in explorer. So, i guess i'd like to hear your opinions before I waste anymore blank cds =/

2. Gertlex

Gertlex Banned

The easiest way to do it would just be to take a program like Nero or Goldwave and create one super large MP3 by copying entire songs and pasting them at the end of continuous track... And then burning that.

3. Xenon[XoA]

Xenon[XoA] Banned

Not quite sure I have enough cache space for that :p

In order to paste mp3s, would it convert them back to WAV form first, or take up a disgusting amount of memory like video editing does? I know its not quite the same thing, but I dunno how i'd go about that.

4. Stompwampa

Stompwampa IncGamers Member

i can do it for you if you'd like. I have the software for it. I can upload the file to my website for you to download, and then burn. But then again, the mp3's you want are probably all trancy out there stuff aren't they?

but no, they won't transrew to wav files. Goldwave is a good choice, it just takes a little getting used to.

5. Xenon[XoA]

Xenon[XoA] Banned

Yeah, mostly trance. It's nice to have it move on to the next song smoothly.

Does that matter though>? I wouldnt've thought it to make a difference. There's always yousendit or rapidshare for hosting as well. uh... should I email you them? or upload and link?

6. Stompwampa

well you could email me them, but once I put them together, it's gonna be a huge file, and I wouldn't be able to email it back.

CD's need to have a 2 second gap at the start of the first track, after that, there doesn't need to be any time space at all between tracks. Part of the problem could be if your songs have some silence at the very beginning or the very end of the file. In that case, they won't transition as smoothly as you'd like.

7. Xenon[XoA]

Xenon[XoA] Banned

oh. So if there's any silence, I should edit it outta the songs first?
    I have some Creative WaveStudio thingy, but it's way clunky compared to proTools. Which's kinda irrelevant b/c I dont wanna fork out the coins for that >_>

Kay uh.. Yeah. Pm me your email please =)

8. Stompwampa

PM Sent. . .

9. Xenon[XoA]

Xenon[XoA] Banned

Tnks.
    Im not sure how much space yahoo allows, so I'll just send links.