Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

WP in the wall? No Radament?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Stealth77, Jan 31, 2004.

1. Stealth77

Stealth77 IncGamers Member

WP in the wall? No Radament?

recently a friend of mine has been having quite a few glitches when making pwed games. the other day, him and another friend of mine were going to do glacial trail, and when he used the wp, he appeared in the middle of the trail, no wp around. we searched the entire lvl and no wp, but u always ended up in the same place if u took the glacial wp.

another time, he went to kill radament for the quest....no radament at all in lvl 3...whats goin on with bnet?

2. Shade

Shade IncGamers Member

A few things may have gotten messed up in the map-generation code causing things to spawn in invalid places (hence disappear). Since Blizzard haven't exhaustively tested the 4 billion map seeds there's really not much that can be done until the next patch though.

3. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

I have personally encountered both of those situations as well. Back in 1.09 i took the glacial trail wp and appeared half a screen away from the drifter cavern instead. I searched the entire map and there was no waypoint in sight. Back in 1.06 or 1.08 i had that radament experience where the quest was open but i searched the whole level and he was nowhere to be found. I believe the game simply forgets to generate part of the map (eg. where the glacial wp or where radament is supposed to be). I believe this is the case because the glacial trail map seemed smaller in that game where i couldn't find the waypoint.

4. Stealth77

Stealth77 IncGamers Member

same deal, the glacial wp was (or wasnt as it seems) on the other side of a wall leading to frozen tundra or whatever place it leads (cant remember, too intrigued by the freaky wp)

5. Qrt

Qrt IncGamers Member

I've had an Arcane Sanctuary where the Summoner's little gazebo just wasn't there. The pathway just ended blank.

6. iamscottbowdown

iamscottbowdown IncGamers Member

ive had this too. I took the wp and was about a screen away from the drifter cavern. There was no wp on the map.