Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Wow, My luck just kicked in..

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by PhsycoTimmay, Mar 10, 2004.

1. PhsycoTimmay

PhsycoTimmay IncGamers Member

Wow, My luck just kicked in..

Last night...man it was crazy..heres the story.

Ok, I was doing some hell meph runs as I do usually bout 1 hour everynight, but tonite I had not been gettin crap, not even any low lvl unqs, just rares and magicalsl. I was about gettin fead up with it all, when all of a sudden, I kill him, and I see a Monarch laying on the ground, now I have found 1 SS before, but I was so stoked about it. So I was like heck yes, imma do some more runs. Sure enough the next run, there lies a Jewel, now by now I was just like, omg, theres something wrong with this. So I decide to do a few more runs before I had to get off. The very next run, there lies ANOTHER Monarch. I had had enough, I just broke out in a series of hystarical laughs that could not be suppressed. That was the end of my MFin night, but not before I went and traded one of the SS's for a zak shield that my good friend badly needed. Still got one I just dont know what to do with.

2. toader

toader Banned

Nice lucky streak.

But Im curious....why the hell do people stop after finding nice stuff? Its not like if you did more runs that the items you found would go away.

3. PhsycoTimmay

I had to get off, bed time

4. Usufruct

Usufruct IncGamers Member

I found a stupid rare dirk last night.

Oh yeah, and speaking of luck, I have been searching for a Stone of Jordan, and Hell Mephisto chucked out a unique ring. OF COURSE it is a freaking Wisp Projector which is MORE RARE than a Stone of Jordan. Not that it isn't useful though, it's pretty keen.

Edit: Technically from mephisto it is equally rare.

5. PhsycoTimmay

Oh Usu, I hate to be the copy cat of the group, but I too, have a collection of digglers, 12 so far (no eth though :rant: )

6. Usufruct

I only have 9 on Ladder so far, but I have 67 on Non-Ladder. I spent like 3 hours trading sojs for digglers.

7. warlock_666

warlock_666 IncGamers Member

i've never found a unique diggler to my knowlege, how sad is that!!

edit: to my knowledge = that i remember, maybe wrong choice of words?

8. Wolv

Wolv IncGamers Member

Guess I shoulda held onto that eth Diggler the other day....damn.

Its tough to stop mfing when U get on a streak like U had Timmay. To hell w/ bed ;)

I've been workin Andy lately for rings. Nothing yet there, but she has dropped a HoZ and Crescent....

9. PhsycoTimmay

Ya Im on non-ladder myself, Im waiting for the ladder to reset (if ever) and then I might start a ladder char.

10. oneirik

oneirik IncGamers Member

diggler are worth something?

sorry about the noobish question but i took a three month break and resently got back on. i find those things all the time and just drop them. are they really worth something now?

11. Usufruct

They are amazingly worthless. I and maybe a couple other people collect them because the name is funny, but other than that...

12. Schwhat

Schwhat IncGamers Member

Too bad, I threw away 2 digglers before.

I don't collect stuff like that anymore. In 1.09 I used to do unided burizas. Kept all 11 unided burritos that I found on a char named burrito_girl.

13. Voldemort

Voldemort IncGamers Member

Congrats on the finds. Finally someone understands that MF is all about luck

14. Reggitsan

Reggitsan Banned

I'm trading Ko's and Lum's for a good sized amount of Digglers. Hold onto them, I trade well. ;)

My future mule account of dirks > Usu's pathetic stash.

Oh, yeah. On topic. Uhh.. good finds. And stuff.

15. PhsycoTimmay

Well last night, me and brother were doing baal runs (I tele, he owns with his hammer pally), btw bout 1 baal run every 5-10 mins. Anyways, we were at the minions, had killed the first 2 groups, and I push alt down, and there at baals feet, lies a Ist Rune...It took me a minute to register that it was an Ist, then I was just like wow guys, an Ist. Guess baal got tired of carrying around extra stuff :lol:.

16. gauntscorpion1

gauntscorpion1 IncGamers Member

talk about luck 2 weeks ago got a vex and a 8%wf on the same pit run npthing since then though

17. PhsycoTimmay

Thats awsome..reminds me of another story bout a week ago.

My bro was Runnin meph with is hammerdin (runnin runnin) and bout 2 min after goin to wp, he sees a Hydra Bow lying on ground, I wanted to smack him...

18. Feeling Oblivion

Feeling Oblivion IncGamers Member

I had a pretty crazy night tonight as well :O [Ladder]

Usually run mephisto / baal / pindle / thresh, since ive NEVER got anything that useful or tradeable from the pits (best was an occulus in about 100 runs). Anyway decided to do a couple of runs tonight, and within about 7, I had myself a nice troll belt. Quite happy with that yield, i did about another 20, and nothing much dropped, until about 2x'th run, almost the last monster, was moving my hand to press esc when i see balrog skin on the floor. Was really worried about ID'ing that little badger because if it was +1 skills its basically worthless. Turned out to be +2 skills and 4% off perfect ED. To top this ridiculous set of runs off, a champion monster (i think) dropped me a GUL rune on about run number 30, which is the first rune above lem ive ever found in normal play. (i.e. no hellforge).

Ive possibly found more value in 1-2 hours than i have in about the last 6 weeks of magic finding, I always read these stories about how people find 3 tal armours in successive pindle runs, but its so nice when it happens to you :buddies:

19. PhsycoTimmay

Seems as though MFin latley has had some good turn of events for some people, now when all of "us" (people that have had luck) go on our "dry spell" all you that have had poor luck, will find everything! See how that stuff works out!? :thanks:

20. Usufruct

I thought previously that hydra bows could not drop from Durance 1/2/3.