Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Would you like to have a clone of yourself?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by raffster, May 27, 2005.

?

Should I upgrade this?

1. Hell yeah! UPGRADE!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Booo low ED. Charsi food!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I wouldn't upgrade it, but I wouldn't sell it either. Collector's Item.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Donate it to the cause or Gorny.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. raffster

raffster IncGamers Member

Would you like to have a clone of yourself?

I am not talking about an identical twin who may have the same exact physiology with you but rather, an actual clone of yourself going beyond even the likeness or similarity an identical twin can possibly offer. The only thing with the clone is, you are its master. It will do anything you want within its potential. (For those who believe in souls/spirits this clone is an extension of your soul/spirit.)

Personally I wouldn't mind having a clone. I would make the clone do all the crappy stuff like work, chores and attending crappy social occasions. I will focus on the more important things like playing computer games, becoming a better fighter, etc. etc. Oh yeah of course and more time for meditation.

Can the clone do personal stuff with my wife? Well, hmmm, probably not...but...that's going to be tough for my clone not to fall in love with her too. Uh-oh. Clone wars.

2. djIgneo

djIgneo IncGamers Member

You forgot the "boobies" option!

3. Amra

Amra IncGamers Member

That "crappy stuff" is a part of who we are. Without it, I don't think I would be me.

4. bigD72

bigD72 IncGamers Member

I think that statement speaks volumes about you.

I don't think I would like a clone. The stuff we do is what defines us. We need it. If the clone does all of "your" stuff, then the clone is who people will come to know. At some point the clone becomes you and you become a person hidden away. We are the sum of all of our experiences.

If I were forced to. I'd learn to do things. Learn more math & science, study art, learn to paint, learn to play various musical instruments. I think there are tons of things I would classify as more important than playing computer games. I would definetly spend a whole lot (half or more) of my time studying religions and trying to figure out all of my questions.

*Edit- Thanks Amra.

5. Keldaris

Keldaris IncGamers Member

I want a clone of myself.....cause then all i have to do is have my brain transplanted, and I will accheive immortality!!!!

6. Undisputed Ruler of All

Undisputed Ruler of All IncGamers Member

sure... you can clone yerself, and then go all "Attack of the Clones" style on earth, using your army of hobbits to take over the world for me! I'll let you be second in command of earth... not the universe, 'cause I already promised that to Cathy....

7. UserMathias

UserMathias IncGamers Member

If I kill me, will I die?

8. Amra

Amra IncGamers Member

Well, you elaborated more than I did. You summed it up nicely. :D

9. raffster

I have to clarify. I just re-read what I wrote and it can be easily misconstrued.

Well, first thing's first. Ever since I quit Diablo over a year ago I haven't touched a single computer game. I've been "game free" since I've been hooked to gaming for over 20 years. I stopped playing because it was the right thing to do.

I am at the stage in my job and career where everyday's become an absolute drag. Almost totally meaningless, no purpose whatsoever. (Notice my other two posts...)

Chores. Waste of time. What could one possibly gain from doing chores unless that's your job. We don't have a dishwasher just FYI. Chores consist about 7 hours a week or 1/hour a day which I could use somewhere else.

Anyway a clone in my current life situation can fill in the crappy part. I could finally take time off to really look for a job that I want. If I have to study for it so be it. I am not complaining about not working, I am complaining about my job and the fact that it's hard to look for another job while still being in one.

As for crappy social events I speak about cousin affairs I have over 50 cousins here in NJ and they have weekly engagements. If I don't show up they call me a kill joy and stuff. I would rather go to other gatherings where I can meet other people outside my closely knit family to expand my horizon.

I don't know. I just think a clone like this would be very helpful in my current state of life. Perhaps I would be wrong in another time.

10. UserMathias

UserMathias IncGamers Member

I'd make him find a physical job (with long working hours and decent wages). A job where he doesn't see a lot of people. His free time will consist of chores and maybe sleeping and eating.

11. bigD72

bigD72 IncGamers Member

I think I did really misread that, or atleast I hope.

I just noticed you've spoke of Buddhism in other threads and your wife. Then I read here you speak of doing important stuff like video games and ...oh yeah (like you forgot and it wasn't really important) meditate.

Obviously, if video games is that important to you, then by all means. I am judging here even though I shouldn't be, but we've all done it. Just seems like someone of your position would prefer to work on their marital relationship and focus on religion. Atleast if I were married, those would be my two big things to focus on. However, I am not and I gave my list.

12. Amra

Amra IncGamers Member

Thanks for the clarification raffty. :thumbsup:

Chores are a pain in the butt sometimes. But a lot of time it's a nice feeling to have gotten them done. When I am mowing the lawn, changing the oil, or vacuuming, my mind is usually thinking about some other event or topic.

You can still find time to look for a new job I think. You just need to make it a priority in your daily schedule.

eh... just blow off your family if you want to. They may poke fun at you about it but you owe it to yourself to be happy. Just because you are related does not mean you have to attend every event. Weddings and funerals are one thing (or two) but in between them you decide.

13. Nword

Nword Banned

I'd want a clone of myself, as a hot female... :lol:

I think we'd get along great! :uhhuh:

14. llad12

llad12 IncGamers Member

Sorry not me ...

Slavery was outlawed over 150 years ago by the worst conflict in our history.

15. Stevinator

Stevinator IncGamers Member

Llad's got a point. it'd be great for me, pretty crappy for the clone.

so instead I'm ordering a bunch of hotties cloned. If we clone enough of them they'll chang ethe laws and we could all get 4 maybe even 6 boobies each!

16. raffster

G-d you just short-circuited my mind. I'm trying to visualize myself as a hot female and I just couldn't. I don't think I'd ever make a great woman even if I became totally gay. Something about being female just doesn't feel right. I dunno. I just think I'd rather have something dangling than not having something dangling.

I am with Steve here. If I could order clones I'd probably order one exactly like myself (just like what I said in the OP) and about one clone of the top ten hottest babes who ever existed...Cleopatra would be one of them.

17. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

not from what I've heard

18. Rick

Rick IncGamers Member

If the clone really was an extension of your mind wouldnt you feel the same things?

Anyhoo, you would both react to the same situations eg. you yell at your clone to go and do all the housework, it would react to that exactly the same way as you would. Therefore, all you people who said you would make it do all the stuff you didnt want to, pwned.

Oh and I wouldn't wanna try talking to it either...

19. theBlackKnight

theBlackKnight IncGamers Member

I want a clone of Zeppy, or Hatseput. . . .

20. Raistlin Majere

Raistlin Majere IncGamers Member

If my clone was had the faintest similarity of me, one of us would end up killing the other.