Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Would you consider a regenadin to be bm?

Discussion in 'PvP' started by mkombat, Oct 22, 2006.

1. mkombat

mkombat IncGamers Member

Would you consider a regenadin to be bm?

Would you consider a paldin using a high lvl prayer to be bm because it is similiar to using health pots? I would like your opinions...

2. Rabbitz

Rabbitz IncGamers Member

Depends on the playing style.

If you quit fighting to run off 10+ screen to heal.. Im not dueling you.

3. IMCanadian

IMCanadian IncGamers Member

Yeh, if you can survive while i'm attaking you, and eventually kill me thats GG I'll solute (sp) you, but If you run, I'll get something gayer and hunt you and nk you to hell.

IMC :grin:

4. emar

emar IncGamers Member

Your regen isn't going to be that good even at high levels. You'd have to run away and waste some time regenerating. I think you are overestimating the regen capabilities on prayer :(

I would only make one of these for BM team dueling where'd you'd have access to Medi/Holy Bolt to help a partner- err - I already did :shocked:

5. Dennis_KoreanGuy

Dennis_KoreanGuy IncGamers Member

I never got the point of using Prayer in duels in PvP. Why not just drink red?

6. Josiphos

Josiphos IncGamers Member

A few months ago I got teamed with a pally (in a team duel game) that used insight polearm and prayer aura with max holy bolt to heal me.

I was pretty sceptical...but it worked! I was using a ghost WW Sin and he just healed me and every once in a while would charge someone. We cleaned up...but people were getting pretty steamed, with him healing me.

I dunno. I didnt consider it BM...I mean, its two people vs 2 others...2 offensive (the standard) vs offensive and defensive. It IS a pally skill...its not like doom RW or something.

They didnt seem to figure out that they should focus on him...with him dead...then its 2 v 1.

Anyway, it was a blast...about the only truly original build I've seen this year.

7. Dennis_KoreanGuy

Dennis_KoreanGuy IncGamers Member

Hmm... high Prayer heals fast enough to be effective in PvP? Or is it because your sin's life was low?

8. emar

emar IncGamers Member

High Prayer does not heal fast enough to be effective in PvP - Lvl 50 ~107 HP every 2 Seconds. Almost 54 HP a second - I am fairly certain PvPers are more than capable of dishing out more than that.

Lvl 50 HB, however is capable of healing ~800 HP - paired with fast cast - you can more than override the damage, provided your life pool is sufficient and your HBer has good aim. This makes Combats quite useful.

Lvl 30 hits ~500 ish which is still a solid heal.

9. Josiphos

Josiphos IncGamers Member

Exactly. I think the prayer and med auras were just icing, the real effect was the HB. I never seemed to go below half life with his fast cast. Even with two opponents after me.

It was funny! I didnt think it would work...but its nuts!

I can't imagine him teamed with a 8k life ww barb...

Edit: dennis- my sin had 3.2 k life...so not low

10. PFS

PFS IncGamers Member

When paired with an Insight polearm you get prayer working twice - once from the plain prayer aura and again from the meditation synergy. Giving 100 HP/second, which is really not that bad.

Team it up with an ES sorc and you have a semi-invincible team mate.

11. SicHalo

SicHalo IncGamers Member

Well again a simular argument like this was brought up a while back, with a hammerdin using medi etc and like stated it depends how u play if when ur dieing and u retreat and run 5 screens away to heal for 5 mins then come back then yeah personally i wont duel u and most ppl would agree as well.

Even though there is no regulation on dueling area size but most ppl atleast stay on the minimap apart from mega defensive player etc.

12. McCOOOL

McCOOOL IncGamers Member

In HvH, its not uncommon for the duel to last so long that peopel will get hit by hammers and regen back to full again.

Hoto+Med = quiet decent regen.

13. primerib

primerib IncGamers Member

Usually hdins use this in team duels. If they're running low on life, they run off and regen. Makes the other team go offensive knowing that hes slowing regaining life. For the most part, its annoying.

14. RedWingz

RedWingz Banned

that is the fvcken stupidest ive ever heird im my life ...