Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Would you buy D3 if it was like WoW?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by DukeZed, Oct 29, 2006.

?

Who's worse?

1. Michael Cera

5 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Jesse Eisenberg

5 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. DukeZed

DukeZed IncGamers Member

Would you buy D3 if it was like WoW?

Ok so this makes the assumption that D3 will definitely be out at some point, though a lot of the original team members have left. If D3 was released but was like WoW in gameplay mechanics would you buy it? I've split the voting choices by perspective as that will also affect the controlling of chars etc, and some people have a personal preference that they would like the game to adopt as to what perspective and graphics it will use.

Where it's prefixed with D2 above it means D2 perspective (or like Sacred or Divine Divinity or Starcraft etc).

Where it's prefixed with 1st/3rd it means 1st or 3rd person perspective like Oblivion or Metroid Prime or MDK.

2. Dredd

Dredd D3 Off Topic Moderator

I just don't think I'd have any interest in a "World of Diablo". I would like to see the series continue under the style and play mechanics umbrella that it has been its trademark since the beginning. If I want a game that looks and plays like WoW, then I'll subscribe to WoW - or one of the bazillion other MMOs that are just like it.

3. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

Personally, I like the perspective D2 uses; I wouldn't want to go first person view. Free is an absolute necessity. But I prefer to play off my hard drive and not on a server.

4. Merick

Merick IncGamers Member

I don't care about perspective or instincing or fees (if it's D3). What I care about is not requiring huge well organized groups 3+ hours to kill a boss for the equipment that is undeniably the absoulte best.

5. Suiling

Suiling Banned

Only if Diablo 3 is in 3D. Well, i stick to D2 until i got all items found, and all character builds tried.

6. Bladewind

Bladewind IncGamers Member

I rather stick to the standard D2 perspective.

Hard to kill the pker behind you, you know ?

7. Feetstench

Feetstench IncGamers Member

I can't say that i would mind having D3 on a MMORPG scale, but I do prefer the 3/4 overhead style of D2. I can say that I have no interest in a game with a monthly fee. (Thank te lord for KAL Online!)

Outside of that, I will buy D3 even if it comes on a set of 7, 3 1/4" disks formatted for Windows 3.1 while displaying a Surgeons Generals warning that use of this product will; "Cause testicular cancer while inducing Recal bleeding.".

8. BlueDogAnchorite

BlueDogAnchorite IncGamers Member

I'd buy D3 even if I had to insert barbed wire in nasty places!

9. The Void

The Void Banned

Ouch is all I can say :lipsrsealed:

10. Quietus

Quietus IncGamers Member

I wouldn't buy D3 if it was like WoW... too much travelling, for one. And I can't stand the fact that in order to get the good gear you need to go on ridiculously huge raids with massive numbers of players - I like to be able to solo my way through most, if not all, of what's available out there. If it was about a fee, well, that depends on how good the game was.

11. Sepi

Sepi IncGamers Member

I have played many mmorpg's in my day, and I can say I would honestly hate if D3 was like WOW. It's not that I dont like mmorpg's (I don't like WOW but I like others), it's just that part of D2's appeal is its simple but amazingly fun style of play. I also like how you can solo monsters and areas in order to obtain the best/high end items. In WOW, and others mmorpgs, you simply cannot.

12. Feetstench

Feetstench IncGamers Member

I doubt that D# wil ba a MMORPG.

I culdn't see Blizard having to pay for another MMORPG set-up when it will just leach players from WoW.

Asking people to pay twice for the same product would damage their cash cow.

13. ulmty

ulmty Guest

plus if Blizzard has an MMORPG (WOW) and then they have D3. They would attract more customers by having 2 different styles of play.

14. ruksak

ruksak Banned

I so agree with what you said. Theres just something about the ol' school aspect of D2. To mess with that is beyond stupid.

15. templecrasher

templecrasher IncGamers Member

I have not played WoW, but my roommate does. That said, D3 would never enter my home in a WoW format. 10 minutes to fly to an area? Running for 10 - 15 minutes because you don't have a flight path? Scheduling 3 hours or more to party with 20+ people to run an area for 1 big drop that you won't even have a shot at? No thanks on all counts.

16. nubikoen

nubikoen IncGamers Member

I didn't vote since I haven't tried or even seen WoW, so I don't know what I'd vote on/for.

I'd buy DIII pretty much no matter what, if it does come out that is. The only thing(s?) that would keep me from buying it would be if it's an online only game AND had a monthly fee.

17. k/t

k/t Banned

This topic has been discussed to death numerous times already.

I'm still not bored of D2, so I have no need of D3.

I wouldn't pay fees for D3 unless Blizzard cracked down HARD on cheating. Instant CD key and IP bans at the first offence, bans of all the accounts associated with that CD key. No second chances. Better dupe detection. Less lag and CI crap.

Even then, the fee better not be more than $10 a month. And my chars better not expire if I stop paying for a few months. And I would want the option of downloading my chars if I decided to stop playing online.

18. ael

ael IncGamers Member

I do play WoW atm. If d3 comes to my local shop, Im soooooooooooooo leaving WoW...

19. rykuss

rykuss Banned

I refused to vote, there's no "Durf, Poing, Boobies" option. You call this a poll? :laugh:

D3 huh? I just don't see it happening. If it did(I'll humor you), they'd probably eff it up and make it a 3D world. No way would I play that. WOW was horrible in that it takes forty freaking forevers to do anything or go anywhere. Then there's the monsters, two of anything was a serious battle. It didn't matter if one of them was near death or not, the instant a second monster showed up, I was dead. Spend 10 or more minutes running back just to have it happen all over again. No thanks, been there, done that, got a T-shirt.

I got your Agro, rat ovah heer! :angry:

20. tmilitti

tmilitti IncGamers Member

I agree totally with you k/t.

Unless D3 is almost identical in play style to D2, and maybe adds more characters and/or more chapters or more quests, I wouldn't even consider playing anything else.

Besides, every time we log on to D2, whether single player or online, the maps change, making the game virtually new each and every time we play! It's just never boring, imo!

What other game can do that?!?