Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Would this work?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by OmegaHatred, Sep 13, 2006.

1. OmegaHatred

OmegaHatred IncGamers Member

Would this work?

I'm thinking of making a version of a tri-elemental build for mfing, key running and rushing. Let me know what you think.

Skills I'm thinking are:
    Maxing Blizzard
    10 into Cold Mastery (+ skills from items would do the rest)
    Maxing Fire Mastery
    Max Meteor
    5 into Static
    1 into Enchant
    Max Lightning Mastery

Items I'd use are:
    Dream Helm
    Mara's (+2)
    SOJ (+1)
    HOTO or Occy with Ist (+3) (not sure about this one)
    War Travs
    Dream Shield
    Skullders (+1) or Enigma (+2)
    CTA/Spirit on switch
    Sorc Torch and Anni.

That's 12 to 13 plus skill points.

That main reason I'm using the dual Dreams is for the pulses...that and Static are gonna be the lightning part of the tree. And the enchant is for merc (of course lol).

So a couple of questions to end this post. 1) What armor should I go with Skullders or Enigma? 2) Hoto or Occy?

Thanks for reading

2. MageChick

MageChick IncGamers Member

This is pretty close to a standard meteorb build - also kinda close to a blizzballer. Both use a cold and fire attack along with static and teleport from the the lightning side.

Your skill distribution seems pretty un-optimized.

Skills I'm thinking are:
    Maxing Blizzard
    10 into Cold Mastery (+ skills from items would do the rest)
    Maxing Fire Mastery
    Max Meteor
    You're fine up to here, but using both blizzard and meteor means that both of your main attack spells are on a timer. You'll be pretty slow. You also don't use any synergies, so your damage will be pretty low.

5 into Static

1 into Enchant

Max Lightning Mastery
    This looks like a total waste to me. What are you trying to do here? This won't help anything. It does nothing for static, and you are't using any damageing lighting spells, so drop this completely.

For gear, I'd go with full tal rasha's. Read the "truth about tal's" in the library to see why. While you're there read the meteorb guide. That will give you a good base fire/ice build. You can vary it from there. Blizzard and Fireball (blizzballer) also makes for a popular build.

3. OmegaHatred

OmegaHatred IncGamers Member

I've done the whole full Tal's set and I wanna try something different.

The maxing of Lightning mastery is to increase the Holy Shock pulses.

I agree about the enchant thing (SCRAPPED)

4. MageChick

Sorry, missed the Dream part. Actually now that I'm looking over your original post I must have stopped reading half way through - my bad.

Tri-elemental + dual dream? Could be tough. What about maybe a lighting/cold + dual dream build? It seems like a waste to put 20 points into lightning mastery and not have a lightning damage spell. In any case I'd also recommend an infinity merc to help with the damage. That could free up more skill points from cold mastery too. 1 point CM + infinity merc + skill bosting items -> should get you plenty of -enemy cold resistance. Even without infinity with +12/13 to all skills you can get by with only 5 hard points in CM. That will still get you -100% enemy cold resistance.

I suppose 1 point in enchant for your merc isn't a bad thing. You'll probably want some good damage from him as your spells will be kinda weak.

I would stick to 1 point static though. For a tri-elemental build (even dual elemental build) you need all the skills you can get.

Im my exp tri-elemental = no points for synergy = low damage. You'll probably be good for solo MFing/key running or maybe rushing 1 person, but I think you'll lack the damage for large party games. Could be a fun build to try though.

5. ninjalotus

ninjalotus IncGamers Member

i agree about the meteor/blizz issue, involving timers. one or the other should be a skill you can rapid fire while the other recharges. in terms of your descisions of gear, nigma and hoto.

6. ioupainmax

ioupainmax IncGamers Site Pal

unless you want to use blizzard in this build for its originality, i would suggest using frozen orb. this is because, for the same amount of points invested into the cold tree you will have a more powerful attack.

furthermore i find blizzard a pain to use when i am rushing, whereas frozen orb is much more party friendly; in normal + nm it can kill pretty much the whole screen in one shot (which is nice + quick) and it protects any low level players that may be in your party.

7. Noite Escura

Noite Escura IncGamers Member

I suggest maxing Fire Ball and leaving Fire Mastery at base. That will give a good non-timered spell and a stronger Meteor with the same number of skills points.

8. Azzaron

Azzaron IncGamers Member

It sounds to me like you're really intent on being able to use all three elements and dual weild dreams. Regardless of whether or not this is optimal, let's go with those requirements.

Knowing that, I'd recommend this skill placement:

1 point static
    1 point teleport
    1 point warmth
    5 cold mastery (enough for skill level 17, the 100% cutoff)
    MAX frozen orb
    MAX fireball
    MAX lightning mastery
    MAX meteor
    5 firebolt
    5 fire mastery

This will let you use frozen orb as your timered attack, fireball as your untimered attack, and holy shock as your aura... all doing semi-decent damage. Raise firebolt and fire mastery together for any further points (to optimize fireball dmg).

I recommend nigma over skullder's. You lose a tiny bit of MF, but everything else is better on nigma's. Better to have faster killing speed than a tiny bit more MF.

I prefer hoto to occy... the random teleport thing really annoys me.

9. MageChick

If you're going for max meteor (or max fireball) damage - read the guide about synergies and masteries (stickied in the library). Its not as simple as just maxing one or the other.

You may also want to concider and up'd viper magi for some more FCR and resists. You'll loose 1 skill and the strength and MF from enigma (or the MF from skulders) but I like fast cast. - well, if you stay will all timered spells, then this won't do you much good.

edit - sorry this was already covered.