Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Would this work?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by FrozenSolid, Jun 7, 2005.

1. FrozenSolid

FrozenSolid IncGamers Member

Would this work?

I guess this question is really for Myrakh-2 since I know he uses trangs set but feel free to give your thoughts and opinions.
    Ive always loved the trangs set because of the vampire look and nice dmg fire wall.
    Im thinking of making a psn nec, but instead of using skellies for psn imunes I was thinking of using the fire attacks, mostly wall to take down the imunes.
    I will be using hoto, bk/soj, mara to get as high lvl fire attacks as possible and some pnb skillers. I might also stick a fire facet where theres room.
    A point in revive for some meat shields and 1 point in LR for obvious reasons.
    Any thoughts?

2. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

Maybe with Marrows and remaining points in bonewall. You can't always predict what your revives are going go to do and since they tend to be slower than skeletons they don't tend to form as nice of a wall-like battle which would be ideal for using firewall. A decent bone wall works great for that. As long as you have any kind of poison-immune alternative that works though, just about any poison build will do okay with the right gear, although without skellies I'd definitely prefer Enigma over full Trang's.

3. FrozenSolid

FrozenSolid IncGamers Member

Without trangs I kinda wouldnt have a build to make since I want to utilize the fire attacks it provides to kill psn imunes.

4. Myrakh-2

Myrakh-2 IncGamers Member

I don't think the idea is new... I've never made a poison necro, so I'm just handing out thoughts as well...

The fire wall can kill things --- so that part works out fine. It can't compete with a fire sorc, but that shouldn't be a surprise...

You'll have your merc for physical damage, so dual immunes will still die (I'm generally ignoring breaking resists here, since assuming 50% Lower Resist will leave immunes at 90% in the best case, and trangs doesn't leave a lot of room for sockets...)

Also, having to kill all poison immunes with the firewall is a tedious undertaking. Granted, I'm concentrating on +summoning instead of +skills, so my fire skills only get +1 from anni, but face it --- you are not a fire sorc. The thing is slow, even with Lower Resist. But of course, stick a few points into corpse explosion to speed up things a bit :)

I also *think* that fire resistance is more common than physical resistance, so if at all possible I wouldn't discard skeletons (or another backup skill) --- after all, the firewall comes for free (assuming you can't afford Bramble or other useful runewords anyway, so using the full set doesn't hurt).

Well, my thoughts: partial trangs is definitely recommended, and full trangs is only two items more. So unless you want to use Bramble or Enigma, or concentrate on MF% with Skullders and Shako, I see no real reason not to go full Trangs --- the firewall doesn't cost any skillpoints, and while it isn't the uber killing skill it's still a good thing to have. I also like Trangs for it's defensive features --- lots of resists, cannot be frozen, physical resistance; doesn't hurt to have these things. Plus some mana, and the fast movement speed...

5. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

Infinity does work for the Fire damage, so you can use that to speed things up.