Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Would this work or no?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Spetsnaz101, Mar 21, 2004.

1. Spetsnaz101

Spetsnaz101 IncGamers Member

Would this work or no?

A build with these skills:
    60 points- Max all three dodge skills
    20 points- critical strike
    rest are optional

And put stats into dexerity for maximum block with stormshield...
    This would prob end up being a bowazon without the bow skills.

Do you guys think this this build would work? the idea is to get maximum dodge and block, because if you had around 60 chance to dodge with 75% block, you would not be hit very often at all...

2. WylderlanNation

WylderlanNation IncGamers Member

Living is good and all but....what about hitting stuff :D Btw, max block on a stormy is only 222, not that high of an investment for a zon. It seems like your looking at a tankazon or a javazon to me. Maxed out Lf and a lvl 1 Jab maybe?

3. simmk81

simmk81 IncGamers Member

def > of a tank than anything else. this built would be great with a shield and javelin but problem is that you won't be able to acquire a high attack rating with this build. also, you will seriously need to consider whether to pour points into a valk if you're into pvm which is not good since it's pretty hazardous once you reach hell difficulty.

4. Krunch_Kidney

Krunch_Kidney IncGamers Member

skip the pts in evade, only put 1 pt there, unless you plan on running around constantly and not fighting anything. Even if you did you wouldn't want evade-lock. This sounds like a tankazon, in which case you'll want to pump penetrate and some in critical strike. You'll probably use jab mostly, I'd go with lots of life leech too.

5. Spetsnaz101

Spetsnaz101 IncGamers Member

Hmm, good suggestion, I will definitaly put a point in jab(hope gear will raise it enough). And I think I will also try to max penetrate instead of critical strike because of AR. But does penetrate work with non-ranged characters?

Now I was thinking of only putting about 80-100 in strength as final, and letting charms raise it a bit. Thus my dex would be enough for highest block rate and my life would also be quite high.

Penetrate also gives +225% to AR at lvl 20 which I am planning to max now, and with my dexerity and equipment boost I think this will be enough. But what do you think because I do not have too much experience with d2 "math"...

6. simmk81

simmk81 IncGamers Member

the thing is that you can't possibly max every single skills under the sun. in addition to that, the skills you've listed are passive skills, which means > passives and < attack. imo that isn't so great an idea as compared to putting a significant amount to killing skills and passive later. howver, if you feel up to the task, why not? let us all know how you build you tankazon and we might learn something too :)