Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Would this one work for PVM?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Thirteenth, Apr 29, 2008.

1. Thirteenth

Thirteenth IncGamers Member

Would this one work for PVM?

Basically im thinking a summon-mancer with a support skill to keep me from getting bored.

20 Raise skel
    20 Skel mast
    20 Skel Mages
    1 Summon resist
    1-20 revive

And a Poison nova or explosion to keep me from getting bored.

I plan to stack auras for summons with Beast for myself and Bramble on merc.

Curses would be Amp Damage and/or Decrepify

What im asking is basically if the Nova would even help? or if the points are better spent in one of the golems or revive.

Also, what recommended Weapon and helm for merc?

Thanks in advance ;) :heart:

2. Me2NiK

Me2NiK IncGamers Member

Re: Would this one work for PVM?

If you put no points into revive or mages you can do poison nova + all synergies like I have on my current necro.

3. Wizdomm

Wizdomm IncGamers Member

1 point in Revive is always enough with plus skill items. Maxing it is pointless. You can make a poison/summon hybrid by maxing skels, poison synergies, and as much in skel mastery as you can. Another poison/summon hybrid maxes poison synergies, skel mastery, and then a point in revives....leaving you points to spare in all the curses and golems. You absolutely need an enigma to do the revive option.

4. Thirteenth

so

20 poison dag
    20 poison explo
    20 poison nova

20 Skele
    20 Skele mast
    1 Revive

Few points in curses and a golem

Blessed aim Merc with Pride and Bramble

Myself using Beast and Enigma?

Seems like alot of points, what skills should i max last?

5. Wizdomm

Wizdomm IncGamers Member

Well, you run out of points before you get that far. I would max the poison synergies (62 points with pre-reqs), max skels (20 points), 1pt each in clay golem, golem mastery, and summon resist (3 pts)...and 1pt in all the curses you feel necessary (probably 7 curses to get up to lower resist). The rest goes into skel mastery (10-15 pts probably).

Blessed Aim merc is pointless. Your skels have no problems hitting enemies as it is....so go with Might merc to improve their damage. Might is the only aura that makes sense for summoners.

Pride is a nice polearm for your merc...but Infinity is a bit better. Massive crushing blow on it really speeds things up...and the conviction aura helps out your CE alot. But Pride is fine if you already have it. Bramble is not as useful as you would think. The thorns does not really do much damage to the enemy (most enemies will be killed before they ever have a chance to hit you, your merc, or your skels). Use a Fortitude. It dramatically increases your merc's damage.

As for beast and enigma...enigma is a definite. But beast? Hmmm...your most powerful skills will be your poison skills (they will kill much quicker than your skels) so I would use gear to really boost poison....using you skels more as meat shields to allow your poison to kill. If you are rich enough to get a good Death's Web wand then that would be perfect. PnB grand charms as well, instead of summoning.

6. SnickerSnack

SnickerSnack IncGamers Member

If you plan on doing bosses, then you either need crushing blow on your merc, or a decent revive level (after gear of course). If you need CB on the merc, then use either Guillame's Face, Infinity, Duress or Obedience.

7. Barbarrister Voldamus

Barbarrister Voldamus IncGamers Member

If you are going with the poison/summon hybrid I would think that the advice about building up poison damage in the gear would be crucial and I would especially focus on -enemy poison resist and +poison duration gear such as death's web, you may also want to look at a substantial portion if not all of Trangs set. The slow cast rate from going total vamp sucks but the walk at run speed issue is great and it really helps pump up poison damage. I would also think that Infinity would be a must for the additional -poison resist as well as for the crushing blow, add that more crushing blow from Guillames Face helm and you should still be able to hunt bosses fairly well.

8. NumtyDoo

NumtyDoo IncGamers Member

Conviction from infinity does not have an effect on enemy poison resistance, just lightning/fire/cold.

Infinity is still good for the build though: high damage, crushing blow, -enemy resistance (read: more landed hits=more CB applied), and boost to CE.

9. Barbarrister Voldamus

Barbarrister Voldamus IncGamers Member

I forgot that poison resist is not affected by the Conviction aura. That being said the extra CB from either Infinity or Obedience would be greatly appreciated in dealing with Act bosses I would think. But given his set up I do not think he would really be using CE at all other than on an occasional poison immune.

10. Thirteenth

Ive decided to go with

20 Raise Skele
    10+ Mastery (max last)

20 Nova
    20 Poison Explo
    20 Poison Dag

1 in lower resist and the prereqs
    1 in summon resist

Ive got loads of +5/-5 poison jewels so tocket in humo,shako and web. Im not 100% sure on armour but im guessing Bramble is a good choice if i want to max my poison damage.

Ill equip merc with high CB gear and nice life leech.

At the start i was thinking more of an auradin, but after reading your tips im more angled towards Summon/Poison

Thanks

11. Wizdomm

Wizdomm IncGamers Member

Bramble is fine for armor, if you don't care to teleport. Otherwise, Engima for the tele, 2skills, strength, and magic find.