Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Would this build work?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Demon2k3, Oct 11, 2006.

1. Demon2k3

Demon2k3 IncGamers Member

Would this build work?

Okay my last idea for a build was a screw up. This time i've though through a idea tho.

This is a pure caster necro wich would be somewhat costly to equip.
    20 LR
    20 Bone mage
    20 skeleton mastery
    20 poison nova.
    1 into clay golem for summon resit
    rest in prereqs

this build would be done at 85 skill points so the rest of that i could use eitehr to increase raise skelletons or increase poison nova synergies.

Lower resist works in in benefit in 2 cases here.
    1. it improves your skelly mages damage
    2. it improves poison nova damage.

With 15+ skillpoints psn nova would do 1125-1166 wich isn't to bad damage.

Now you may think this is inpossible. But I took this idea from the lichlord and stacking summons. This build would need some high end gear.

Gear
    Enigma AP
    Trang ouls claws
    shako

this is the basic equipment
    So for the strategy this build would have to use.
    Get max amount of bonemages.

When fighting.
    This sounds right to me, correct me if i'm wrong. Tele on top of monster or boss, lower resist and start using poison nova.

Ok i know poison nova damage would be very low unsynergized. but bonespear/bonespirit is a must to synergize so this is why i picked poison nova. And with the 25% extra poison damage from trang ouls claws should get the poison damage to a decent level to.

Please say can this build be done? i know it's not going to work untwinked but will have to use some high end gear.

2. pedu

pedu IncGamers Member

The difference between a lvl15 lower res and a lvl20 lower res is a whopping -2 resist all. So one point into lower res is enough. Its better to use those points somewhere else.

3. Demon2k3

Good point on lower resit. Why i maxed LR is for the radius boost and the duration increase. but i guess i could lower the base value to 10 and synergize poison nova.

4. Mikk0

Mikk0 IncGamers Member

i belvie this build could be viable.. atleast if you consider that you'dd get infinity on your merc and deaths web for you. then you'dd realyl need only 1 pt in lwoer res.. you could max mastery/skellies (1 pt in every other sumon xept fire maybe?). then go for psn branch.

i got a psn/summon hybrid with trang-ouls set but havent playd trough hell yet.. enigma would make things alot easyer tho :thumbsup:

5. sirmessbu

sirmessbu IncGamers Member

I higly suggest you put only one basic point in lower resist and pump poison synergy as high you can. As for the lower range and length of LR don't worry about it, poison nova last for 2 seconds giveing you plenty of time to cast curse meanwhile. Casting more poison nova will not stack the damage but simply reset the damage.

Maibe also giving revive 1 point and letting +skill boost it up a bit. If you only care about the caster theme just raise casting monster. This could tremendously help your army size and damage by the same time.

I don't have the most experience with mage skeletons but I realy think that teleing on top of your target is not the best idea. Melee monster would rip your mages appart, don't they have to stay away from monster and keep there distance? Not having skeletons to distract the monster then wouldn't mages become the main targets ?

I had a pure poison necro on non-ladder and he ripped monster apart very easily. Was using revives only for summons and I do believe that your mage build would suits very well a poison nova necro.Mages would be of great help against poison immune. Even with maxed LR and +skills adding to it there are lots of monster that stay immune to poison.

If you can afford it get an infinity for your merc it will be of great help.

Hope this helps a bit, Messbu.

6. Demon2k3

ok so this is the new build then
    20 skelleton mastery
    20 skeletal mages
    20 poison nova
    20 poison exlosions
    and 1 revive.
    1 lr
    1 all prereqs
    1 golem, golem mastery and 1 summ resist

rest into poison dagger?

this sound good?

7. sirmessbu

sirmessbu IncGamers Member

Sounds very nice to me. You might want to wait a bit for other people experience but I am confident this would be more efficient then a maxed LR build.

8. Demon2k3

i'll go for it :).