Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Would this build work?

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by TeamMonkey, Sep 11, 2006.

1. TeamMonkey

TeamMonkey IncGamers Member

Would this build work?

I know nothing about assasins but am making my first one.

20 FoF
    20 pheonix strike.
    20 dragon tail
    20 tiger strike

I got two bartucs, highlords. that 1.11 runeword armour, gore riders which I could up and other ok stuff.

Would this work for PvM?

2. ilkori

ilkori IncGamers Member

It might... but you'll have some issues charging up Fists of Fire then releasing on Dragon Tail. Fists of Fire has a hidden damage conversion which will lower your physical damage output. Since the fire on Dragon Tail is based on the physical kick, that is bad.

Claws of Thunder on the other hand gives you another type of damage, and would probably work much better. The only thing I'd worry about is making sure you get your resists up somehow.

3. TeamMonkey

TeamMonkey IncGamers Member

Damnit I already have 10 points in FoF :X.

I'm thinking maybe just use tiger strike and pheonix strike with Dragon Tail, and Fof with level 1 dragon claw, might that work?

Or should I just make a pheonix striker, and max out CoT as well? I'm a bit concerned about how quick they can kill on hell.

I have near perfect Jade Talon, so maybe I should use one of those instead of a bartuc.

4. ilkori

ilkori IncGamers Member

It really goes with the whole setup, so it'll be up to you and how you balance the whole thing. A Jade Talon would really help out on the resists, but a slower speed might hurt you too. Dragon Tail isn't exaclty the fastest kick in the world... it's one of the slower attacks in the game, actually.

Your FoF with Dragon Claw would definitely work as an alternative for dealing with Physical Immunes, since releasing DTail on them will result in a zero damage splash.