Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

would this be worth it......

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by gauntscorpion1, Mar 31, 2004.

1. gauntscorpion1

gauntscorpion1 IncGamers Member

would this be worth it......

i was wondering if it would be worth makeing botd in a supirior hydra bow

the base stats are 14%ed and 3 to ar base dmg 11-77

let me know if i should waste my time

thanks

2. m1rage

m1rage IncGamers Member

Well, if you have an amazon that you plan on using the bow with, I don't see why not. However, if you only plan on making it to trade, don't bother since botd bows aren't worth the value of the runes.

3. conan

conan IncGamers Member

The problem with making runewords out of superior items is usually the incredible repair costs (millions in gold sometimes) but since a Botd is indestructable and a bow dosent suffer damage , by all means make it a BotD (If you are going to use it) hope you roll a 414% // 15% LL !

4. dang79

dang79 IncGamers Member

I read somewhere on this forum that BOTD bows should be made in Crusader Bows, not Hydra. I'm not too sure on the details but Hydras have a 134 str req, compared to a significantly lower one for Crusader.

Since Zons don't have much need for str other than for their gear, the points might be better used in dex, resulting in higher damage even though the damage stat is lower on a crusader?

I think, cos of this, Crusader BOTDs have better trade value than Hydra, but I think both of them aren't valued in trades much anyway.

5. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

Crusader bows have the same AVERAGE damage as hydra bows which matters more than max damage for consistent damage. Now the only thing separating these bows is the significantly higher strength req for hydra bow. Make it in a crusader bow and save yourself more points for dex and vitality in the process.