Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Would this be effective melee gear?

Discussion in 'Druid' started by atenza, Oct 9, 2006.

1. atenza

atenza Banned

Would this be effective melee gear?

I was thinking that this setup might be able to handle most melee builds very well with the exception of Whirlwinders...

Doom GPA
    120/45 Helm
    Enigma
    Verdungos
    Angelics
    Cleglaws
    Gores

Now i'm confused about the weapon speed calculators.. because does offweapon IAS work differently or not at all on a wolf?? Because I checked the calculator and it seems that no matter how much off weapon IAS I add it won't change the speed... if this is true I could switch out the helm for CoA or Ber'd Gaze or something like that. I know that I'm lacking in DR but with Enigma I get massive ViT and I have a range 5 weapon that is decently fast.. slow + knockback + massive AR from angelics.

2. Kosmos

Kosmos IncGamers Member

off weapon ias does not work.

Your better off with eBotd GPA. its faster. And yes use Coa ber ber.

Eth Tombreaver with zod and 2 * 40/15 ias is the best 2 handed weapon if you can afford it. Use shapeskillers for charms preferably with life or fhr.

get 86 fhr to reach the fhr breakpoint.

Use bloodfists for gloves for fhr and life. Clegs are bm. Use them only vs bm smithers.

good luck :thumbsup:

3. atenza

atenza Banned

slow on the doom isn't worth having?? I can drop smiters to slower then 6fps and I think the same would go for zealots and other druids.. unless they used a grief pb. But that just makes them use a range 2 vs. my range 5.. I know damage output is less than ebotd and the tombreaver is better but tombreaver is range 4. and a doom user vs. a tombreaver would win I think. Less damage but in theory.. the other player shouldn't get many hits off...

I thought Fury was uninterruptible?? Because if it is then fhr wouldn't mater in melee duels

Also kosmos, in duels vs. say other wolves or zealers/barbs etc.. should I use a onehanded weapon?? I think two handed would work against others because you could knockback them out of range. Ofc this wouldn't work vs. babas or wwsins

4. TheBassman

TheBassman IncGamers Member

If you're going to go with Doom make sur it's in a Giant Thresher for a 6 Frame attack, anything slower is not worth it. The slow is only good vs. smiters and zons IMO, WW Barbs will actually profit from it.

Fury IS interruptible... FHR is very important hit the best BP you can without sacrificing too much gear.

BFists > Clegs, if you use doom you won't need the slow and the knockback, I think, will give you opponent time to recover since your attack is slow.

Switch your helm to Cerebus if you only duel melee, or to Jalal's if you duel vs. all.

Switch Angelics to 2Rfrosts + Highlord's since you will have very good AR as is in WW form and the DS will boost your damage.

Socket your helm with Ber + Enigma + Verdungo's gives you a minimum of 26% and maximum of 31% which should be enough for most situations depending on how you duel.

Hope that helps.