Would this be a good armor to use to make a fortitude? ifr

continuousbeing

Diabloii.Net Member
Would this be a good armor to use to make a fortitude?

532 def scarab husk? or do i want to look for something higher, ideally

thank you

ffejrxx

Diabloii.Net Member
to make a sweet merc fort, look for eth high def armors around 700+ and use cube to socket them, (tal thul ptopaz armor will give random number of sockets) low quality and superior wont work
if it gives 4 then you can make 3k fort :wink3:

your 532 scarab is eth, id look for something better but it will do ok, 1600 fort is still nice

Eilo Rytyj

Diabloii.Net Member
Actually, it's not ethereal. It's a superior 12% ed. ([474+1]*1.12=532)

The lowest possible roll for an eth Scarab Husk is 553 def.

That would make a sweet character Fort.

fahartle

Diabloii.Net Member
Yeah, it depends if you're going to use it on a merc or on a player. For a player it's fantastic. But if you're going to use all those high runes on a merc armor, I'd spring for an eth one that you can try and socket. Anyone know what the pre-glitched elite armors go for? HR? Or can you pick them up for a pul?

Leohappy

Diabloii.Net Member
continuousbeing said:
532 def scarab husk? or do i want to look for something higher, ideally

thank you
there is no significant difference in defense between various elite armors

so mostly ppl look after str requirements and how the armors look like when equipped on char

there is also a question of resale value - believe dusk an ap fortitudes are in higher demand overall

continuousbeing

Diabloii.Net Member
excellent! thanks for allof the input guys. it is for my zealot pally so eth wouldnt really have helped me much! and i dont really care about resale value, just looking for something good for me to use. maybe thats shortsighted, but meh, whatevers.

excellent, i shall assemble it as soon as i get home from school, give it a good test run!

thanks again, take it easy all :)

Hurtsyadontit

Diabloii.Net Member
str req is key in most runewords like myself i'm considering turning my 464 fleece 111 str into a fort.. not sure yet though.