Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Would like some advice on my items/build

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by bmh yak 18, Feb 18, 2004.

1. bmh yak 18

bmh yak 18 IncGamers Member

Would like some advice on my items/build

okay this character is from 1.09 but he is still quite solid in 1.10 with the items he is using atm. My plea to you: make him all that he can be =)

Skills:
    20 sword mastery
    20 battle orders
    20 whirlwind
    20 beserk
    10 iron skin
    5 shout
    6 run/walk
    2-3 natural resist
    1 increased stamina

i think i am remembering those skills correctly....

now for stats, (with equipment):
    425 str
    190 dex
    235 vit
    base energy

and my equipment:
    386% ethereal collossus blade
    37ed/15 max stormshield
    enigma wirefleece 1.2+ K defense///pt skullders
    dracul's grasp 10% ll/10 str
    8/15 string
    46% mf War Travs
    5,7dual leech/31% mf/resists ring
    20/244 ravenfrost ring
    godly crafted ammy +1 skill, dual leech, resists, stats and more
    mf ammy: +2 barb skills/40% poison resist/48% mf

As you can probably guess my main problem is jack squat life. In my inventory i have some life charms (not nearly enuf), resist charms, r/w charms and alot of 7% mfscs.

Any Advice at all would be helpful.

this character is lvl 91 and mainly MF but i have found that he is quite good at dueling too....just needs more life.

FIRE AWAY!

2. Talic_505

Talic_505 IncGamers Member

ok you wanted advice well here it is: start over! i know i know drastic change but if your going for PvP (which it sounds like you are) then start over and make a vita barb build. use the same equipment but just remake the mighty barb. But if you want to stick with the barb you worked so hard to make then get some gear that adds to vita thats all. a belt like verdugo's herty cord and maybe a pair of rare somethngs that adds to vita and then +skills/life GC and +life SC's. and you need more speed to dual with the best you can possibly do. i'd recomend a ethereal BoTD-CB it will add to dmg and your vita. You didn't metion a helm but im going to assume your useing a Arreat's Face. Don't put to much weight to my suggetions b/c i play throw-barbs (now) but i hope it helps.

3. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

Aye, vit is better than str nowadays, most duelers and such go for low-str builds, like 81-101 or so, and then wear enigma. Likewise, max shout is better than max berserk now for a whirler, and especially a pvp barb. Berserk is pretty much just used for PI and IM enemies, and with one point and 20 shout, it's already very, very powerful.

As for your gear: ed/max jewels in armor/helms/shields are bugged, and don't give the appropriate damage, highlord's is generally the best barb amulet (except for pvp, then angelic ammy and two rings is usually best), verdungo's is a better belt in general if you can get it, gore riders are generally better than travs (though travs are still nice), and dracul's, while cool, don't trigger while whirling and don't work with berserk, so steelrends are typically your best bet.

Your build is still viable as a titan of course, just not as powerful as it could be.

-Hal

4. bmh yak 18

thanks for the advice.

i was alittle rushed in posting this so i left some things out

as of now i do use a 386% BOTD eth CB just to clarify on that topic

I also use a 6% arreats face with a 38ed/6max jewel in it

i do have goreriders and verdungos (13/30) as for steelrends i'll see what i can do but ATM my priority is attaining the Runes for CoH or Enigma for my zon...

any more suggestions are welcome...thanks for the advice thus far!

5. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

Ah, you should be able to run with low str very easily then, between botd (30), storm (30), enigma (up to 74), and arreat's (20). Annihilus can help you a good deal as well, though steels have high reqs (186 str, I beleive) and will thus probably be your heaviest item. Definately throw on your verdungo's and give your gores a try; likewise, you'll want to clean those ed/max sockets out, since they're bugged, and put in something more useful, as you get the time/funds.

-Hal

6. bmh yak 18

Halciet,
    thanks your advice has been very helpful. Btw. i do have an ANNY. this barb found it...i got lucky and diablo clone spawned 2 weeks ago...

one other thing. I have never done it before (with a barb) and i would be very tentative to get a merc even if there were serious advantages, but should i get a merc?
    and what would the advantages be and which one should i get?

7. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

Nightmare Act 2 Offensive mercs are typically the best mercs you can get for a barb, as they provide the might aura, giving you extra damage. With a high level shout and good gear, they can also survive a very long time, and are even better if you can afford to give them a Doom ethereal cryptic axe, as that will make their main aura stronger, AND give them Holy Freeze.

Defiance (normal and hell act2 defensive) mercs are pretty nice as well, and Nightmare act 2 defensive (holy freeze) mercs are pretty useful, though if you can afford Doom, there is no reason to get one of those. Always stick with act 2 mercs in general though, as their aura adds a lot of power to a barb.

-hal

8. TheAntiHero

TheAntiHero Banned

ru talking pvm or pvp or both

dracs:
    90-120 ed/7-10 ll/25%openwound

steelrend:
    30-60 ed
    10% crushingblow

9. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

I'm talking both. Dracs have 90-120% enhanced defense, a bit of life leech (which isn't so powerful anymore), and the 25% open wounds, and a decent str boost. Steels have +~200 defense, 30-60% enahnced damage, 10% crushing blow, and up to 20 str. That's generally more useful to his build, since the lifetap won't be triggering, leech isn't that important, and open wounds isn't super powerful in pvm; the extra str, dmg, crushing blow, and defense is thus the better deal.

-Hal

10. Asheron

Asheron IncGamers Member

I've been wondering which Gloves would be better for WW ,I couldn't decide between Steelrends or IK Gloves.

Prolly going with IK because they grant 20 Dex,which makes up for the CB and ED on Steelrends me thinks. o_O

11. bmh yak 18

wow i have to get a pair of steelrends.

halciet imo you are a walking barb god.