Worth upgrading this shield?

ScozZers

Diabloii.Net Member
(ladder) Would you bother upgrading this to dragon/monarch for the extra block?

Rare kite -

17fhr
30 fbr / 20 ctb
20 @ res
2 mdr
2 open sockets

Last edited:

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
Your shield passes my "keep this rare?" check because it's better than Moser's, so I would definitely bother with the question about upgrading it :)

At this point, I would upgrade it to a dragon shield, but probably not to a monarch yet. Apart from the additional level req increase, a monarch has pretty high strength reqs as well. You can wait with a second upgrade once you've decided which character will keep it. Besides, rares can be upgraded upgrade it to elite on non-ladder as well.

If you intend to sell it, I wouldn't upgrade it at all, as that won't increase the sale value on average, except you want to take a gamble about the new base defense.

ScozZers

Diabloii.Net Member
Your shield passes my "keep this rare?" check because it's better than Moser's, so I would definitely bother with the question about upgrading it :)
This was my thinking but I wanted a second opinion, so thank you very much.

At this point, I would upgrade it to a dragon shield, but probably not to a monarch yet.
I had already upped to dragon as I had the mats to hand - I agree, I will wait on monarch. I forgot rares could be upped on non ladder. I pretty much only play ladder but do keep some things after ladder ends, so thanks for the reminder.

In other words, thanks :)