Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Worth socketing IKmaul with Jah?

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by teaandbiscuits, Feb 3, 2004.

1. teaandbiscuits

teaandbiscuits Banned

Worth socketing IKmaul with Jah?

Hi, having problems hitting things in hell act4+ even with 12000 odd AR. Is a jah a waste in an IK maul (i'm thinking that the IK set is going to be my endgame equip setup). Also can i get a jah for 1 or 2 40ED 15IAS jewels?

Thanks alot.

2. Frenzied Bovine

Frenzied Bovine IncGamers Member

ABSOLUTELY NOT.

It doesn't work on bosses anyway.

You should be socketing that IK Maul with dual shael or dual ed/15% IAS jewel. The club comes with 40 IAS and the weapon has a base speed of +10, therefore you need 70 total ias to hit the last ww breakpoint.

I once socketed an IK maul with ShaelEth. Stupidest mistake I ever made.

If you have trouble hitting with the full IK set (though I have no idea HOW you would, cause I don't and I have base dex) I suggest you hotkey battle cry (-target's defense) and cry your opponents before beginning your attacks.

I wear a raven frost and carrion wind and have absolutely no problems hitting anything in Hell with a dual shael'd maul. And I play Ladder where everything has higher defense.

Please, please don't waste a Jah on it. It won't even do what you want, since ITD only works on ordinary monsters and not champs, superuniques or act bosses.

3. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

Unless you are some ridiculously low level in hell such as level 75, you should have no problem consistently hitting hell act4 monsters with 12k AR. My zon has around 8.9k AR on strafe at level 90 and hits act4 and act5 hell monsters consistently over 85% of the time. Monsters past hell act3 flayer jungle are all level 90 and the difference between monster and player level is just as or perhaps even more important than your actual AR/dex amount.

4. teaandbiscuits

teaandbiscuits Banned

ah-ha, many thanks, my level is no doubt the cause of my problems.

5. TitanCentaur

TitanCentaur Banned

How about 2 ETHs, that's give you -50% enemies defense, + decent level battle cry, that -100%. This work better than ITD, because it work on bosses also.