worth getting max block with homo?

Superhal

Diabloii.Net Member
worth getting max block with homo?

i just noticed that homo has 72% chance to block. i have 120 stat points unspent. i currently have base dex and base energy. i put around 160 in vit and 110 in str.

also, i'm a PnB necro using marrowwalks. i have bone spirit and bone wall maxxed, around 10 in bone spear, and 5 each in CE and revive. bone spirit currently does around 2.5k. this is be for pvm. should i keep pumping synergies for bone spirit? i get around +8 from items.

batuchka

Diabloii.Net Member
Hmm i would just leave revive and CE and 1 point and max spear asap. With +13 all from gear/GCs i get about 2.6k spear and 3.1k spirit with 6 into wall so far - but i employ maxed RS/SM for PvM item running hehe. Also i use both spear (crowds) and spirit (bosses) so i felt it was a nice investment of points :D As for max block - i went for 60% with marrows's giving high dmg absorb bone armor my necro is very durable in hell and i do not intend to do any PvP anyway hehe. Well finer details of what i did for my necro this ladder season: http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=338630
Depending on your lvl even 120 stat points may be inadequate to acheive max block unless you get enough +dex from gear - else just go all out vita i guess. With base dex you have more options in choosing heads and a +3 boneflame is another choice if your resists aren't hit bad :D
Cheers!

luis19

Diabloii.Net Member
block is not needed pvp for a necro, especially if you play east where most ww barbs suck vs casters or aa.
if you have the gear you can reach 3.5k+ life and throw on ss vs ww barbs and zons. zons dont stand a chance if you depry them and most barbs will die. good ones will beat you regardless but block does give you a better chance vs them.

batuchka

Diabloii.Net Member
If you wish to have base dex then all out vita. In PvM Act 2 merc with Insight gives 600%+ mana regeneration with Mediation Aura :p Else sojs, frostburns and blue pots i guess. Should aim for 1k+ life w/o BO and its very possible for base dex necro