Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Worth getting back into it?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Metalshredderr, Nov 19, 2006.

1. Metalshredderr

Metalshredderr IncGamers Member

Worth getting back into it?

I have always loved diablo 2...But I stopped playing it about 4 years ago. I recently want to get back into it, and was wondering, how many thousands of players still play D2? Is it still big?

2. Mariachi

Mariachi IncGamers Member

Yes,it is still big.I got back into playing a few months ago after quitting just after 1.10 came out.I didn't figure I'd stay for long this time but I was wrong.It gets into your bloodstream like a drug and you can't stop.1.11 added a real challenge with uber tristram as well.I haven't visited it often but I hear it's nice this time of year.Welcome back to the dark side.

3. Metalshredderr

allright, im picking this game up soon.

4. Creep

Creep Banned

I came back after about 5 years playing Everquest. A lot has changed, LoD was not yet released when I first quit.

I remember when I first started Everquest I received a massive shock at just how much better and more polite the community was, there were still jerks, but not nearly as many. I guess having to pay by the month weeds out a lot of the kiddies. When I dusted off D2 and started playing again I got another equally rude shock as I had forgotten just how bad the general Bnet population is (present company excluded of course).

But anyway, definitely come back and give it another crack, theres still plenty of ppl playing, the community here on dii.net is pretty good, just watch out for the general bnet population, nothing has changed there. I am actually considering moving to Europe realm and starting over as I am quite confident that the general bnet population is much better. If your connection is up to it and you have nothing to tie you to a particular realm you might want to consider it. I also hear the economy is much more sensible there.

Edited a typo

5. Metalshredderr

Yea, I definitely will. I will have to re-buy the game, probably next week since I threw out the original.

Looking forward to seeing you on the east-realm (if you are still there and not in europe)

6. Creep

Creep Banned

If finances permit I highly reccomend buying 2 copies.

If you use windows XP and have 2 CD keys you can run 2 instances of D2 at once, legitimately and without using any 3rd party programs.

Makes things like muling, self rushing etc very easy.

Do a search for threads about multiple instances and you will find instructions on how to do it.

I repeat, this is legitimate and will not in any way subject you to the possibility of a ban.

7. Dredd

Dredd D3 Off Topic Moderator

You won't have to search far. There's a link to a multi-instance guide in the Rules/Links sticky above.

8. Creep

Creep Banned

9. Metalshredderr

Well guys, as promised, I bought D2 today. I'm lovin it, really brought back old memories. Though when I went on battle.net, some guy kept PMing me saying he could give me items if I went on some site...

Anyways, is it worth buying LOD?

10. Dredd

Dredd D3 Off Topic Moderator

Glad you're enjoying it. :thumbsup:

Depends on who you ask. Most of us who post here in Community would probably say yes. A new act to play in, many many more items to play with and character build possibilities to mull over - but, before making up your mind, why not pop into our Classic forum and ask for different opinions?

Classic is a more challenging experience than LOD (in my opinion anyway) and some people really enjoy it. On the other hand, it's a much smaller community so there will likely be far fewer games going.

11. Dondrei

Dondrei IncGamers Member

I'd say LoD is worth it. If you're one of the few people who REALLY prefer Classic (I can see the argument for it, but frankly I can't go back to that tiny stash) you can still play it.

12. bg1256

bg1256 IncGamers Member

Well, if you're back, then I'd say play with classic for a few days first. If you like it, play it.

When you're bored, get LoD.

The bad thing about LoD is that characters get so insanely godly that the game loses its fun, at least for me.

13. Metalshredderr

Yea, all right then, I'll wait and see.

14. Metalshredderr

What the hell error is this?

I just disconnected from east, and now when I try to go in, it says my account is being used by (my name). It then says, if I disconnected, wait 5 mins then go back in, but i waited for 4 hours and I'm still not let back in.

Is this a temp ban?
    I can get into west fine, btw.