Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Worst Rusher in History...

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Superflymdf, Apr 24, 2008.

1. Superflymdf

Superflymdf IncGamers Member

Worst Rusher in History...

So last night I maked a game to try and get my new sorc out of Act 2 and things are moving well. Managed to do the quests with the help of other players and level as well. Towards the end, before duriel some guy offers to grab his other char and rush everyone. I'm thinkin great, I will get thru and be ready for some baal runs. This guy brings in his MF sorc and things began to get quite funny. First, we kill the counsil, very slowly...but he is a lv 81 meteorb sorc... it should have been no more that 2 or 3 orbs for the whole bunch. Next, he doesnt have durance wp, now we are in norm by the way. Fine no big deal, someone else in party has it so we move on. Before we kill meph, he reminds everyone that all the gold and drops are his. What ever, I dont really care about any of the drops for the most part, this is suppose to be a rush. So we finally get to A4, guess what, no river wp. Really! Someone else luckly had it. So he tp to chaos and then reminds us again that all drops are his which really doesnt bother me but be kept on pickin up tons of crap and goin back to town every few minutes. He running around with a crossbow (i assume the one with MF) he cant kill anything with any efficency. When we finally pop Diablo, he DIES! How pathatic! I didnt want to be mean to him because he was tryin to help, but I couldnt resist making a comment of how embarrasing it is for a lv 81 meteororb sorc to get smoked by norm Diablo. Luck for me the game dropped from the travel to Act 5.

Anyone else have a bad rush they want to vent?

2. Dii Legend

Dii Legend Banned

Paragraphs are your friend!

I do my own rushes, I don't bother with trying to find random people to do it. I can do them faster myself anyway. Should give him credit for trying at least, even if it didn't go so well. Not many people will even offer to rush nowadays, especailly not without expecting everything that drops going to them.

I did sort of find it funny he cared so much about drops in Normal, but then he may have just been starting, so can't give him too much grief about that either. We've all got to start somewhere. :wink3:

3. phrozenX

phrozenX IncGamers Member

Re: Worst Rusher in History...

I can understand the sorc not having the wps. Chances are the sorc was probably rushed as well and wasn't given the waypoints along the way.

But most rushes I have encountered so far have been quite poor. You know, after 5 mins you can tell that it is going to be slow, after 10 mins you think about quitting but stay just because you are too lazy to get another rusher, then finally after 30 mins you give up and quit.

It pretty much is the same for any game, 90% of the players are pretty poor.

4. razen

razen IncGamers Member

i encounter many many bad rushers, but i bad rush people sometimes as well. normally, that's when i am half asleep at 10 pm.

i died twice in one game, and messed up summoner twice. the guy left before forge. o well... i kinda saw that coming.

that happens about 1 in 20 rushes. (in that i messed up)

but 85% of the time, people leave before forge in a smooth run. that's why i don't rush anymore. (that's why nobody rush anymore)

a lot of people still don't grush, it's not becuase everyone got friend. but since majority of bneters turned into @sses, it's not worth it to get paid only 1 in every 5 rushes.

5. Copilot

Copilot IncGamers Member

I just get my clan mates to rush me, so much easier then trying to deal with people who think because they are level 80 they can kill everything with no items.

6. Alecz

Alecz IncGamers Member

I rushed a couple of ppl and I think it went pretty well, I was only lvl 28 frenzy barb but I got them to River of Flame, after that had to get the (lvl 82) zon cause of IM. Was able to rush really fast even without wps (cause of frenzy), but never really expected anything. I did get the drops cause the others usually died before the drop, but that's about it.

How do you self -rush btw? you just rely on the server to keep your game and switch charaters, or you use 2 computers?

7. Copilot

Copilot IncGamers Member

2 computers, its impossible to rush yourself by joining the game with your high level the with your low levels because you can't leave a tp up and then leave the game it will just disappear.

8. Dii Legend

Dii Legend Banned

I use two computers with two seperate cd-keys.

9. obiwansbane

obiwansbane IncGamers Member

i once rushed a guy with 0 wp's except durance and andy...

i just tele'd everywhere super fast.. didnt take too long

10. SnickerSnack

SnickerSnack IncGamers Member

You don't need 2 computers, but it is more convenient than the alternative. I use windows' fast-user-switching, and 2 cd keys of course.

11. Davio

Davio IncGamers Member

Funny story, he was probably selling all those invaluable cracked sashes at 1 gold piece a pop!

12. TurbulentTurtle

TurbulentTurtle IncGamers Member

You really shouldn't complain if the guy was giving the lot of you a free rush. Sure it may not have been what you're normally used to, but at least the guy was nice enough to offer and try.

13. synx

synx Diablo: IncGamers Member

Agreed.

I give out lots of free rushes, and although most are very grateful, there are a few who will always find something to complain about. I've actually been harassed by a rushee for wearing enigma on my MF light sorc (Needless to say, I dropped a TP in the middle of a scarab room, got him killed, and left).

14. AnimeCraze

AnimeCraze IncGamers Member

I don't think it's whether it is something you are normally used to or not. A lvl 8x sorc dying at norm D is just hilarious.

15. TurbulentTurtle

The dude was still doing everyone in the game a huge favour, at least he tried rather than just go in with his own business like everyone else does.

16. synx

Almost as hilarious as my fully geared zealer one shotting himself in normal CS :grin:

17. oodjob

oodjob IncGamers Member

The majority of my rushes (as in I am the one being rushed) are usually very well done - very fast including even somtimes the rusher's friend's chars providing Baal quests in Norm and NM. Typical rush lasts about one to one and half hours (almost always too short to make the char perm). These rushes come from friends and people from D2 sites.

I have had, however, terrible rushes when I try to use a pub rusher because no one else is available at the time. These usually turn out horrible. About 50% demand payment up front so they can leave, however, when you tell them you will pay halfway, they leave. The other 50% will either be too slow, too expensive, or too dumb to correctly rush you. I had one try to convince me that a rush meant going to Tristram, getting Writ's Leg, and making a Cow Level in town.

18. synx

If I'm charging for full hell rushes (den, cain, rad, tome, bird, izzy, shenk, anya) I always make sure to get the payment up front. Trusting the rushee to pay you after the service has been provided is just foolish.

19. TurbulentTurtle

I always rush for free.
    When I'm rushing some people, it usually means I'm pretty bored and I'll do whatever to just pass the time.

20. aishilee

aishilee IncGamers Member

i rush for free too. no point getting forged and got scam (at least 60% of the time).

Rush only in hell diffculty though. lol at least the loot there is way better than in norm or nm. Well. i am a fast rusher if act 2 maggot lair and viper tomb were right around the wp. I am a slow rusher if those 2 points were almost impossible to find.

SCNL-West Free Hell Rush `~ pm me *mosqitoishv