Worst Paladin Ever

OmegaRed

Diabloii.Net Member
Worst Paladin Ever

I'm getting kind of bored with my Hammerdin and MF Sorc so, with a little inspiration from Irene (see: Guest Articles) I've decided to take a horrible Paladin through Hell. However, I can't decide on the worst possible Paladin. My initial thought was to use Sacrifice/Prayer/Meditation/Sanctuary soley because they're never used, but I'm also contemplating a completely anti-undead build (Holy Bolt/Meditation/FotH/Sanctuary.)
What do you think is the worst Paladin Build?

asdfghjkl

Diabloii.Net Member
Why does it have to be the worst paladin? Why not the worst barbarian? Or sorceress? Wasn't there a thread like this a week ago?

For paladins, if you want the worst build, go max the three elemental resists and salvation. That should keep you busy. The anti-dead build is much like the Cleric build. I think there is a sticky somewhere for that guide.

Worst barbarian build? Max grim ward coupled with max leap attack. Actually, that sounds kind of fun.

memememe173

Diabloii.Net Member
actually that barb build is a build someone put out for the Paladin try a missionary

20 Thorns
10-20 Conversion
20 Holy Shield
then whatever

nSin

Diabloii.Net Member
You know what would seriously rock?

Conversion + Prayer + Holy bolt

First convert monsters, then heal them with prayer and holy bolt ^^

Raven-Hood

Diabloii.Net Member
I do not think you can heal conversions. Only 1-4 into convert.

I think you guys are mistaken if you believe clerics are the weakest palis. Well equipped martyrs are far from weak. On the other hand, a martyr without leech is not going to go very far. A decent challenge could be to take a smiter through the pvm game and only using what you find. If you go pure smiter with no charge/zeal this would be a huge challenge and definately something not many people have done. I suppose you could throw in a point or two into zeal when you need to leech mana back, and use convert to keep a few things off you while you smite.

Another challenging but viable paladin is the pure pvm fohdin who uses holy shock instead of conviction. Sure you won't go beyond nightmare, but this would still be something.

Perhaps the worst paladin, is one that uses an aura for damage. (like holy shock) If you wanted to have an attack, you could throw in charge just to make it interesting. When I say aura for damage, I mean the pulse on the radius, not the +damage to attack btw.

Another interesting challenge would be a fanat avenger. Although convic adds more damage, fanat would make you faster so it would not be a complete loss. Definately a huge challenge to take one of these through the hell difficulty.

Goodluck, but please stop calling clerics weak, my hcl 86 cleric can solo just fine in the hell chaos sanc, can do mausolem/pit/pindle faster then any hammerdin (with the same level of equip- shitty) and has no issues at all with non undead. (gogo convert!!!)

Raven-Hood

JamesMartigo

Diabloii.Net Member
How about a Thorns paladin wielding a two-handed weapon and hitting with zeal, and wearing some damage goes to mana items (howl-tusk, nightsmoke) to fuel FotH?

shidenx

Diabloii.Net Member
The crap-a-din

-=Skill and stat allocation=-
NONE!
Don't use any skill or stat points you want to make him the worst pally alive(dead).

-=Equipment=-
Cracked short sword
Cracked sash
Cracked boots
Cracked cap
Cracked leather armour
No rings or ammy

-=Game play=-
Stick with act1 normal forever.

simmk81

Diabloii.Net Member
think that was posted some time ago. some of the more pops i heard was:

auraless paly: the guy who rooted for this calls him a "selfish" dark paladin. think he got frustrated by peebs in pubbies pvm yelling "flash salvation"

naked paly: much like mongojerry irenes

pure defensive resistance paly: maxed resist (either with resist tree or salvation. ga necessary), max synergies (w/o using them) and max def

super mana regen cleric: lol imagine the value of a max meditation/prayer cleric in a game

some of my ideas
max sacrifice, base vit, max str, max dex matyr: w/o quaffing pots of course

speedy gonzales: max vigor, charge and only compete with players in running. hf aura optional

Billweed

Banned
memememe173 said:
actually that barb build is a build someone put out for the Paladin try a missionary

20 Thorns
10-20 Conversion
20 Holy Shield
then whatever
Thats really bad LOL, the thorns and conversion means they keep the thorns a few secs after they unconvert and you kill yourself if you hit them, and the high HS keeps them from hitting you and dieing from your thorns. Very Good Bad build.

FattyMcGee

Diabloii.Net Member
memememe173 said:
they sure did
they did change it from 2-3 seconds to... more-or-less right away. however, there's still a split second before it does change over, so if you land your hit just right you CAN kill yourself! yay!

--fatty