Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Worst enemy of light trapsin?

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by Hurrikaani, Feb 28, 2004.

1. Hurrikaani

Hurrikaani IncGamers Member

Worst enemy of light trapsin?

What is the worst enemy of light trapsin , when i started to look a one i didn't found even one. One little possibility was charge/hammer paladin. Can you assassins tell me what is the worst enemy of light trapsin?

[edit] I ask this cause my friend did a light trapsin and says he will kick my *** easily with it , now i will strike back with she's worst enemy! [/edit]

2. Shadow752

Shadow752 IncGamers Member

Well lets see, the chars that have a good chance against the light trapper are light trappers, fire trappers, foh palas, and teeth using necros.

3. CronicTKY

CronicTKY IncGamers Member

Well, does your friend play in many pubby duels? Also, does your friend use enigma? One more question: Does your friend use Mind Blast? If your friend uses all of these, your Paladin has an approximate chance to kill [her?] of about .003457%. Your best bet would be a sorc, but that would only increase your chance to about 15-20%. Sorry to break your spirit but Enigma+Mind Blast+Pubby Experience= Bad motha ****er.

4. TeKmInIbI

TeKmInIbI IncGamers Member

Enigma+WindDruid+MaxCyclone Armor = Absorb it all... you'll kill him but it's pretty Badmanner... in fact it's horrible manner... scratch that.

TeKmInIbI

5. Hurrikaani

Hurrikaani IncGamers Member

He plays on pubby duels and he is poor and he wont get enigma for month i bet... but i got enigma. ( my best stuff ever )

6. reno666

reno666 IncGamers Member

No single worst enemy. Anyone that can increase Lightning resist past 75 and maybe absorb a little is a potential Worst Enemy.

7. CronicTKY

CronicTKY IncGamers Member

Well, as much as Enigma helps, if your friend has good r/w, and uses Mind Blast effectively, you still have little chance, but with Enigma; just tellin ya, you WILL most likely get owned, even with awesome res.

8. thenest

thenest IncGamers Member

from my expericne a posion nerco with enigma is the hardest to beat he just teles around using posion nova he only has to hit me twice i have perfect posion rest but still i get hit once the life peals off and any one more hit of any kind will finish me off the only way i could beat him is to set traps and teleport around them making the nerco come after me and hope he messes up and gets hit

9. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

Absorb.
    For a wind druid it's fairly impossible to beat a trapper who stays near her traps, or casts a few when the druid gets close and just keeps mindblasting, LS can eat through cyclone pretty fast.
    Mind blast is one of the cheapest things in the history or the world. ^^
    Of course, I could just slap on tgods and two wisps but I will be the better person.

10. iceball_aarf

iceball_aarf IncGamers Member

I would have to say FoH palas... having to max their resistance to lightning + the use of only 1 absorb piece= thundergod´s vigor they are already at 95% resist+absorb state, the rest of the equipment can go to +skills with the possibility of having some secondary skill as charge or smite(smite only after a closeup with charge)...

11. reno666

reno666 IncGamers Member

There, that's exactly my point. With absorb a/o 95 resist and a heaping of fast hit recovery, regardless of what character you are, you will get to the assassin eventually. To any pure elemental characters, actually. And this is what makes duelling unbalanced. For elemental duellers, its a feast or famine situation, i.e. own everyone that has 75 and less resists or go home when a full absorber shows up. Its hard to set parameters that would make it "fair" for both parties.

12. Kaffe

Kaffe IncGamers Member

95 resist, absorb and tons of FHR will most definetly get you to the trapsin. You will probably do pretty low damage, since you must sacrifice some parts of your gear, or you'll have crappy cast rate or whatever your flavour is.

Seeing how the improved Lightning Sentry can do such immense damage, I don't think 75 res is enough.

I don't know what people have against mind blast now. But in 1.09 it was the only way to win a fight. You don't SPAM it however. Back then it was about Laying it once, and then keep it to cause the traps to stun.

A defensive trapper can't really be beaten just like that. One way is to cast a minion to clear the traps up. Quite possible for druids, zons and necros. Since runewords with charges are so common now, those can be used too, but it's more costly.

IMO, poor or not, a Trapsin is dangerous. Stealth is still a very viable option for a sin, as it boosts both FR/W and FCR. That's the whole nicety of the trapsin, and even now more so. She's basicly one of the cheapest duellers to pull of. Heck, I had an idea consisting of the lowest end gear possible, while still being roughly as effective as a regular trapsin. It was for .09, but I assume it still works.

Open Wound is the enemy now. It works like poison, but no resistances. I can't remember the countless times I duelled in pubbies (for the relaxation, nothing like beating 7 pubbie duellers in a row) just to meet someone who pumped up poison. When you have a solid defense, don't even see your attacker and your life still slowly chips away to 1, it can be a real nerve wrecker.

In .09, Dual Throw barbs were the enemy. They did full PvP damage back then (only ½ PvP penalty on Javs, +critical), and could tank a few Lightning sentry. If you didn't lock him down he would get a jav at you. Of course, in the end I just learned that by moving around a bit and spaming an extra MB or two, you got to them but Dual Throw barbs are/were mean anti-casters.

IMO, best anti trapsin is: Hybrid Sin (good one's that is, mediocre trapsins get owned either way). Other trapsins, playing offensively, and getting that first MB is crucial, it usually determines the out come of the entire fight.

Baah. I got more ideas on this. But not the energy to write them down right now. I'll pop by later, when it's not night and I've got my 8 hours beauty sleep...

13. WvX_leader

WvX_leader Banned

Two different ones I found 100% effective from my experience

-Good charger paladin
    -Good FOH paladin

A tgods was proven to be enough for my characters... You can hit them with FOH from affar, and as long as you can take hits from the traps, a charger will get there fairly quickly if they mind blast, and if you dont, she Will have to reset her traps and thats your golden opportunity.

Absorbs:

FOH - enigma + tgods + [maybe] LO shako = easy
    charge - Gaurdian angel + tgods and it should be cake

If you can get ahold of even a LOW % whisp protector ring, that will help make you perfect to his attacks.

14. reno666

reno666 IncGamers Member

If you are duelling for fun, and the original poster seemed like he was, then set absorb limits. Why even bother competing if the traps dont even scratch you? Doesnt sound too exciting. If the goal is complete and total domination and humiliation then go the absorb route. Honestly though, all its gonna be is trap, trap mindblast then "wtf, ur lifebar full??" Then, boom boom pow...Trapper x is slain by full absorber. Next game, repeat and rinse. :sleep:

15. shade449

shade449 IncGamers Member

Actually my liberator has 95 lr and some absorb while still maintaing 13k hammer damage and decent charge damage. With 95 lr and absorb I dont think the lighting sentry is going to deal much damage. I could be wrong though cause my pally is for pally vs. pally mostly.

16. Kaffe

Kaffe IncGamers Member

I mainly directed above statement towards (other) melee characters or Zons. With synnergies of course you should pack a punch. And only way to really beat a defensive/offensive trapsin is to go out right on top of her. If she gets you where she want she usually wins. High FoH would also take her won, if one can tank a few hits. However, nothing keeps her from stacking res. and absorb as well.

Pallys are whicked because they have such a naturally high FHR. I admit, some paladins put me to the test in .09. But with a Shadow Out the usually never got a chance to charge me from a stun lock. They weren't to ranged either as most pallys in .09 didn't bother FoHing in a Normal Duellliga game (that was set in normal difficulty), and many pallys expected a trapsin to use WoF vs. melee. Surprise when I suddenly hit them in across the screen. I usually played the dodging game with them.

IMO, Enigma and just about any character that can 1-2 hit kill something has a great chance of winning if it still can stack resistances and load up on absorb.

Trapsins were/are a lot about psychology too. A class that can attack from all angles, and maintain a solid defensive line that prevents you from attacking, slowly chipping away your life and working all angles is major drag. It wears you down, and in the end you're just prone to make a mistake. If you start out by pushing the trapsin around, you're going to put her against the wall. Her tactics will differ a lot then, and if she gets really stressed out, she'll try to hammer you down with MB and spam traps and that's where you got the upper hand if you manage to keep on the move and play her "mind games".