Worst computer mod ever.

Underseer

Diabloii.Net Member
Worst computer mod ever.

http://www.overclockers.com/tips1133/

Regardless of what you think about Mac vs. Wintel, I have two major problems with what this kid did:
  • He basically wasted $2,000 on a computer case (nice way to respect your parents' gift, kid)
  • It looks like he replaced parts with worse equivalents.

The board is a Biostar Micro ATX, with a 2200 Athlon XP with an Adaptec 29160 SCSI controller and two 36 GB Atlas 10K V hard drives. I am stuck using the onboard video because there is no AGP slot. I had no money for a SATA controller and quite honestly, I swear by SCSI (the G5 comes with SATA drives).
Don’t get me wrong, I’m sure G5 is a great computer, but I wanted a Dell for Christmas. I don’t have any programs for Apple and didn’t feel like waiting for them. I thought about selling it, but my parents would be upset with me. After all, this was a very expensive gift and it meant a lot to them to give to me.
This kid needs a spanking.

Ifrit18

Banned
A waste of money. A year ago, I only had to spend $500 bucks for a nice 1.7 Ghz comp with DVD drive, G-Force 2 MMX (weak I know), 512 ram, and lots of memory :).

DurfBarian

Diabloii.Net Member
Um, you did read the part on the page that explains it was a hoax?

I posted about this when it just came out, and the Apple user community was beginning to foam at the mouth. Well, the dumb parts of it. Perceptive computer users of all stripes were pretty sure this was a fake.

The pictures are painful to look at, though . . . argh.

In other news, here's a description of a sweet water-cooled mod!

Corneo

Diabloii.Net Member
DurfBarian said:
Um, you did read the part on the page that explains it was a hoax?

I posted about this when it just came out, and the Apple user community was beginning to foam at the mouth. Well, the dumb parts of it. Perceptive computer users of all stripes were pretty sure this was a fake.

The pictures are painful to look at, though . . . argh.

In other news, here's a description of a sweet water-cooled mod!
Wait let me get this right. That guy filled his computer case with water and tried to turn it on. Hahaha.

asdf

Diabloii.Net Member
you know what the sad thing is? i've seen enough stupid people to not doubt that those 2 were hoaxes.