World's 1st Suicidaldin - need advise

Generator Of Chaos

Diabloii.Net Member
World's 1st Suicidaldin - need advise

Ok,first off, this is a FUN build, as in, I'm making it to have fun, not to "own"...

Now, I started a new char, in a completely inovating build (at least I've never seen one) , I called it suicidaldin, cause the whole point of the char is...to die and take everyone with him... Much like a suicide bomber.

My plan was:
Thorns - Maxed
Sacrifice - Maxed
Charge and Pre-Reqs - 1 each, think charge is worth maxing?
(still trying to figure out what to do with the rest..lol)

As far as skill points go:

Strenght: Enough to wear a semi decent weapon, using charms...
Dexterity: 0, nada, nielch, niente, NOTHING..
Energy: Same as above.
Life: Everything else.

Equipment

Helm: Lowest defense helm with 3 sockets, all socketed with death rainbow facets
Weapon: 6 so Crystal Sword, socketed with more death rainbow facets
Shield: 4 so Kite Shield with...you guessed, death Rainbow facets.
Armour: Think you can figure it out on your own...
Boots: Treks or travs, for the vitality and strenght boost..
Gloves, Rings And Ammy: need advise, I can't socket these so...

So, that'll be 17 elemental attacks when I die... 17... Lvl 40 (If I'm not mistaken)..elemental attacks, when someone kills me...
Thorns and BRUTAL ammounts of vitality will make all mellee chars committ unvoluntary suicide, or at least dmg themselfs a lot, then the facets will do the rest. And for the casters, Charge and Sacrifice will make sure I'm right next to them when I die...

So, I need opinions, again, this isn't a "ZOMG POWN OU ALL" build, this is a funny "I'll die but take everyone to hell with me" kinda build... but I still want it to work...

Any ideas on the remaining points or weapon (to use Vs. Casters) or rings, ammy and gloves?

Btw: I'm USEast, and If you have any 3/3 or crappy die facets you're gonna throw away, recycle and give them to me, I'll use them :p

Voice

Diabloii.Net Member
I can see how your depending on thorns .. but to be honest, Assuming this works, might try a sorce w/ energy shield maxed and lets say you do fire facets max fire mastery. Forgot if this works though.

But if it did it would increase your damage dramatically.

Also could shop a lower resist wand and lr them before they kill you for even more damage.

Good luck.

Pherdnut

Diabloii.Net Member
Fun idea.

Conviction plus the combination of all those facets with an LR charged item should be quite sufficient I would imagine. Does conviction remain in effect for a few seconds after you die though or is it immediately shut off?

I would skip fire facets since meteor is easily avoided. Poison will only work with blizzard since it only reduces HP to 1 by itself and blizzard continues to do damage for a while so if you're going to use any poison facets make sure you have some blizzard ones as well. You may want items that grant charges of summoned critters since I don't think the Thorns aura is reduced in PvP when opponents hit your minions although that may just be a bug with skeletons.

Aerath

Diabloii.Net Member
You sure that many facets has any use ?

Thought it would be just the one effect going off (per type), not several dozen ones.

Generator Of Chaos

Diabloii.Net Member
voice, nice idea...thought the charges might be expensive..lol
and if that works, you could do a sorc with all masteries maxed?

phernust, yep nice idea, I'm gonna max conviction too.. It stays for a few seconds, same way it takes a few seconds to "lock in"

as to fire facets, I'll try to use just 1 or 2... :p...in case the person get's "static" from all the other attacks...it does deal an enourmous ammount of dmg

aerath, what're you saying? that it only triggers 1 of the facets?
Edit: can anyone test if this is true, or if all facets activate?

Mr.Grimmy

Diabloii.Net Member
I am by no means 100 percent on this, but iifc only 1 of each type is triggered upon death. I don't remember exactly where, but I have seen a discussion of this before and I believe that the concensus was 1 of each effect total no matter how many facets of the same type.

I hope I am wrong because it would be awsome to watch you in a pk game, defintely leave a lot of people scratching their heads and saying 'omg!!! you noobz xaxor!!!' would be very funny.

Generator Of Chaos said:
voice, nice idea...thought the charges might be expensive..lol
and if that works, you could do a sorc with all masteries maxed?

phernust, yep nice idea, I'm gonna max conviction too.. It stays for a few seconds, same way it takes a few seconds to "lock in"

as to fire facets, I'll try to use just 1 or 2... :p...in case the person get's "static" from all the other attacks...it does deal an enourmous ammount of dmg

aerath, what're you saying? that it only triggers 1 of the facets?
Edit: can anyone test if this is true, or if all facets activate?

i had the same idea. was going to call it my palestinian build. but gave up on the idea. i don't think level 40 blizzard would do enough damage to one hit kill - no synergies. i figured players are smarter than monsters and would run or tele out of the way before they die. but i'd be curious to know if it works.

on a related note, check out this vw commercial from france

http://www.attractivekid.com/images/volkswagen.mov

Generator Of Chaos

Diabloii.Net Member
Mr.Grimmy said:
I am by no means 100 percent on this, but iifc only 1 of each type is triggered upon death. I don't remember exactly where, but I have seen a discussion of this before and I believe that the concensus was 1 of each effect total no matter how many facets of the same type.

I hope I am wrong because it would be awsome to watch you in a pk game, defintely leave a lot of people scratching their heads and saying 'omg!!! you noobz xaxor!!!' would be very funny.

eheh, my point exactly... Imagine what would it be, you're dueling with some other guys, then suddenly someone joins, run towards another guy...and BOOM both die... It'll be hilarious..lol

freezer: What's the link for?
Anyways, they do quite some dmg, besides, I WILL use maxed conviction to take out resists, and all facets together, pack quite some punch

Pherdnut

Diabloii.Net Member
Well, I'm probably mixing apples and oranges here, but if runeword auras stack I don't see why the facet, "upon death" effects wouldn't. I don't think Bliz would have felt the need to balance for strategies that involve getting yourself killed.

Generator Of Chaos

Diabloii.Net Member
FreezerBurn said:
watch it and you'll see. it's some funny shxt. but some people might be offended
lol..That's their problem...

Pherdnut: I have a theory, that maybe ALL of same element facets activate at the very same time, looking like one, but dealing double dmg, can anyone test this? I only have 1 char with a facet, my fire sorc, so I can't test this myself

Rice_Farmer3

Diabloii.Net Member
Mr.Grimmy said:

If Mr.Grimmy is right, i really hope you havent made this build yet and wated all those facets lol

Generator Of Chaos

Diabloii.Net Member
Rice_Farmer3 said:
If Mr.Grimmy is right, i really hope you havent made this build yet and wated all those facets lol
I haven't lol, but I'm thinking of making them anyways, with CRAPPY facets, like...3/3 and such...
Most people don't want those anyways.. lol... Would you socket a 3-3 die facet in a near perfect eschutas?

Generator Of Chaos

Diabloii.Net Member
soc said:
would you socket a 3/3 fire die in anything other than this purpose?
My point exactly

Updates:

I'm now also maxing: Conviction and fanaticism

Why?
Conviction will boost up the facets a LOT
Fanaticism will boost up Sacrifice

Pherdnut

Diabloii.Net Member
It's too bad meteor is easily dodged, because then you could use pieces of Trang's to boost its synergies.

Module88

Diabloii.Net Member
I've seen it before.

Call me stupid, but if you are trying to die to use your facets, why are you putting points in life?

Generator Of Chaos

Diabloii.Net Member
Module88 said:
I've seen it before.

Call me stupid, but if you are trying to die to use your facets, why are you putting points in life?

to use Thorns and Sacrifice

But I'm thinking of switching, since he's not high lvl yet, and dumping his points into stregth, so i can amke ONE gigantic ass attack instead of many little ones?

keencaptain

Diabloii.Net Member
Generator Of Chaos said:
to use Thorns and Sacrifice

But I'm thinking of switching, since he's not high lvl yet, and dumping his points into stregth, so i can amke ONE gigantic ass attack instead of many little ones?

the die facets wont work like u want them to unfortunatly. i have tested it (even tho im new and in your eyes probably not a reliable resource ) the facets dont give a stronger effect but just increase the percentage of when it will go off, as stupid as that is, if u have 2 itll be 200%chance and so on. kinda stupid but thats how it works.