Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

World of Starcraft!!!

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by bobdigi68, Jun 26, 2008.

1. bobdigi68

bobdigi68 IncGamers Member

World of Starcraft!!!

The last Rune on the splash pic shows the galaxy. Its World of Starcraft.

Before WoW there was warcraft 3. By the time World of starcraft comes out they will have Starcraft 2 released.

So i am going with World of starcraft. or it could be the WoTK beta announcement which would suck. Blizzard has had a sucky announcement with starcraft ghost. Look how many people thought it was diablo 3 or starcraft 2. only to be greatly disappointed.

We could be in for another disappointment

2. vipersilver

vipersilver IncGamers Member

Re: World of Starcraft!!!

from a marketing standpoint. it would be absolutely foolish to release starcraft 2, then come out with WOC.

not just confusing the customer, but your killing your returns for game #1

3. bobdigi68

Well to be honest if it is world of starcraft then it will be coming out prolly 2 years after starcraft 2.

And like warcraft 3, world of warcraft came out a couple of years after that release. Since the games are different ( one being rts and the other mmorpg) then you wont be hurting the sales because they tailor to different buyers.

4. Zeek

Zeek IncGamers Member

I don't see it that way at all. If people were excited for WoS I would think they'd buy starcraft 2 just to get the background info from it. Storyline, likely character type, etc.

5. bobdigi68

Exactly. rpg consumers will buy WoS. Some more would buy both for the story line. and others would buy it for just buying two great games.

I know I loved the story element that carried over from warcraft 3. since WoW was only 4 years after the frozen throne(story wise) it made perfect sense.

Just saying they could release both starcraft 2 and WoS the same way they released Warcraft 3 and WoW. It worked from a marketing standpoint then... I mean both of the warcraft games tied into each other perfectly. WoW is still using lore from warcraft 3 and the game has been out for 4 years.. I am sure the could continue the story from Starcraft 2 the same way.

6. humblegar

humblegar IncGamers Member

No.

Try to actually read front page news all over the freaking web before mentioning wrath of the lich king beta again :p (yes I saw the non-existing arguments you had for wos).

7. Zarniwoop

Zarniwoop IncGamers Member

Could someone point me to where it's stated that it's not WotLK or another SC game? Please? I see assertions, but after an hour, nothing to base them on.

8. Kiroptus

Kiroptus IncGamers Member

Uhh... logic? Why call a press conference to announce what is already known? Last time they called one was to announce SC2.

9. ezrider2

ezrider2 IncGamers Member

This is a possibility. Activision-Blizzard will be finalizing the merger and the new Job postings are "Next-Gen MMO", Starcraft MMO or D3 MMO ?

Search the goog for articles "Industry Analyst Calls Starcraft MMO Likely in '09"

10. estrellas

estrellas IncGamers Member

why would they want to introduce a competitor to WoW in their own game arsenal? WoW is on top of the world right now, making another MMORPG to steal activity away from WoW would be insane.

11. panaxos

panaxos IncGamers Member

I always thought that by making a decent SciFi-MMO Blizzard would in the end gather even more customers than they already have - mainly from the big pool of people who don't dig fantasy settings and are currently stuck in fairly sucky SciFi-MMOs (not counting EVE). Sure, there will be quite a few that leave WoW for WoS, but in total they would increase their monthly income. Blizzard would for sure dominate the MMO market in all segments.
    And by introducing some sort of Blizzard Station Access (ala SOE) they could only win.

12. Kiroptus

Kiroptus IncGamers Member

Its a rather small fanbase. Those of SCI-MMORPGs. Most of time, MMO players dig the fantasy set. And a lot btw. So, no, certainly its not that much of a deal to make a futuristic MMORPG just for the people who dont dig the fantasy setting.

An starcraft MMO would make sense IF WoW was dying and they were close to abandon it. Which certainly isnt the case especially with a new expansion for it.

Blizzard dont have to worry about competing with themselves if all franchises are to have a new game. Starcraft is an RTS, WoW is a MMORPG and Diablo is an ARPG (which are vastly diferent from MMORPGs).

13. sectoid

sectoid IncGamers Member

I do not agree with you. EVE has a HUGE fan-base. It was the largest MMO until WoW, and I don't even know when and if WoW surpassed it. Tolkien-like MMO's have more fans simply because 90% of all MMO's have that setting. The first successful(UO) had it, so a lot of copies went on to the winning formula.

I also think that a WoS would not hurt WoW much... any income from both games would be going to the same company at the end, and they would get a lot of people who don't like medieval fantasy or have already abandoned WoW but are itching for a new Blizz MMO.

I really don't think they'll announce a WoS, anyways. HIGHLY improbable, since there's not much talk about that yet and WoW is still holding very well on its own. The next-gen MMO announcement will come in a few years in my opinion, and it's probable it'll be a new franchise just as much that it'll be SC or Diablo.