Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

World first Inferno Diablo kill Method

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by CBK, May 19, 2012.

1. CBK

CBK IncGamers Member

2. MartinLong

MartinLong IncGamers Member

So inferno beaten in 5 days?

3. Bazzaminxer

Bazzaminxer IncGamers Member

Nice death exploiting on phase two. Bypassing one of the hardest parts of the fight.

Still waiting for a team to kill him without using that 'game mechanic' to beat him.

Wd for first team win... (Known anyway) Wish we had some kinda gaming judges for this stuff lol.

Last edited: May 19, 2012
  4. buckman341

buckman341 IncGamers Member

Forgive the ignorance, still can't play game... so these fights are not meant to be solo'd?

5. Karamo

Karamo IncGamers Member

Well, they use the system that Blizzard created - hence playing by their rules and per definition just PWNED the CRAP out of Bashioks statements of "Inferno will take MONTHS to beat".

As always, Blizzard has no idea of what they're doing... Perhaps hire some actual GAMERS to their team...?

6. Mcstrife

Mcstrife IncGamers Member

Too bad the exploit worked, but kudos for them and their perseverance. With exploits I expected a week and without about a month. These guys are pretty crazy!

Exploit reminds me of Ruby weapon in FF7, hehe (start the fight with 2/3 of your party down)

7. ElementEight

ElementEight IncGamers Member

They weren't first. Some guy did it yesterday, without the exploit, as it was solo. Eat it.

8. Chaosmage

Chaosmage IncGamers Member

Which exploit are people talking about?

Anyway WTF, there is no way anybody beat it solo now, just not enough time, those guys were playing the same characters in shifts 24/7. But I can care less, that attitude, seriously... don't you worry about your e-penis.

9. ElementEight

ElementEight IncGamers Member

Phase 2 spawns one clone of every character present. If 3 are dead, only one spawn. If you keep that one alive, the other never spawn. Or something along those lines. I think I saw it happen myself on hell.

10. saint_of_killers

saint_of_killers Diablo: IncGamers Member

I think that's one thing we have to keep in mind. It still took them 100+ hours. Which sounds about right - ~3 weeks of above-casual play, roughly. Which is about what i was expecting (well, kinda...i was thinking 4 weeks of above-casual play...)

11. Chaosmage

Chaosmage IncGamers Member

thanks.

I'm not yet in hell but from what I've seen the clones can be affected with confuse, freeze and stun, so that shouldn't be an issue. Could it be that it just happened to happen that way without them doing it on purpose?

12. Bazzaminxer

Bazzaminxer IncGamers Member

They purposely borrowed gear from another team so they could die. (As gear degrades.) So had a spare gear setup.

Borrowing gear wasnt so much an issue but fact they did it to purposely die meant they knew what they were doing.

Technically they didnt use the gear but they still borrowed it just incase it was required due to any degrade. (Happened on some of the other attempts.)

Anyway - None of this is that important concerning world firsts. 'IMO' Its a world first but only through an exploit. I still hope for a team to win that doesnt use that 'game mechanic' to win the battle. I also personally cant judge the games length through use of exploits so whoever gets it without doing that gives a better estimate. They need to fix their coding for this clever 'game mechanic' of not spawning their clones on death.

Still took alot of skill to beat him though. Even with bypassing part of the difficulty.

Last edited: May 19, 2012
  13. Fornica

Fornica IncGamers Member

I'd like to see those guys fighting one of those god-like champ packs in inferno.
    You know, the ones they've been avoiding to get to Diablo.
    Also, group fight is incredibly much more easy, especially with ranged classes. I can't seem to get pass SK Inferno with my Barb solo, killed him at the first attempt with a group of strangers with awful gear.
    Clicking to rez is hard :/

14. Panopticon

Panopticon IncGamers Member

This means nothing. GJ on exploiting and bypassing 90% of inferno. YOU GUYS ARE SO PRO!

15. Karamo

Karamo IncGamers Member

Well, they are better than anyone else =)

Sorry to say but it's the HURRR-DURRR-cannon fodder who takes the hits and never gets anywhere, it's the tacticians that make thought out, intelligent decisions and stay safe while accomplishing the goal ;)

So yes, they are the pros here =)

16. Panopticon

Panopticon IncGamers Member

Chain ressing and rushing to checkpoints does not qualify them as being master tacticians, sorry.

17. Karamo

Karamo IncGamers Member

Actually, yes it does =p They have a goal of beating the game, they devised a plan to accomplish this faster than anyone else. BAM. Schooled. :p

18. ael

ael IncGamers Member

I doubt casuals will down inferno under a month. But that will change ultra fast fen when the RMAH goes live.

19. Fearhad

Fearhad IncGamers Member

So 4 guys out of millions finished Inferno in 5 days. How long before 0.1% of Diablo players will finish it? Months? A year? Longer?

20. cacophony

cacophony IncGamers Member

They're paid money by sponsors (Razer) to play video games. That's, uh, the definition of pro.