Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

World Event?

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Babubhai, Jun 1, 2005.

1. Babubhai

Babubhai IncGamers Member

World Event?

I was in the game tonite and was goin baal runs, when in the bottom left corner it said "Diablo Walks the earth" then i went in the tp for the throne and there was a green diablo and was very hard to beat. Can you tell me what actually happened? i asked someone and they said it was a world event. if it was how many time they come?

2. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

The world event is the spawning of the Diablo clone (the correct word is Ãœber-Diablo) in all games of a Battlenet server after a greater number of Stones of Jordan (unique ring which got duped massively) have been sold to shops.

If you played in hell mode, he should have dropped a unique charm. I hope you picked it up in that case...

This might be a little hard to believe if you never heard about it, so you might think I'm joking. I suggest to search for "Diablo clone" in this forum, in the Community forum or in the stats forum. You will find dozens threads about the issue.

3. Darnoc

Darnoc IncGamers Member

if he spawns in a nm or norm game, the clone will drop a gheeds, right?

4. Myrakh-2

Myrakh-2 IncGamers Member

DClone doesn't spawn in normal and nightmare, and he'd probably drop nothing or an anni or an act boss drop or a random boss drop or whatever... depends on the bug that made him spawn.

5. Lensor

Lensor Banned

The word event is actually a server event, and it happens every now and then (one event for every 75-125 stones of jordan sold on a particular game server). Uber Diablo will then spawn in every hell game on the server (classic, LOD, HC, SC, L, NL).

I am under the firm conviction that Uber Diablo never spawns in normal or nightmare games. I have never met anyone (who I trust) claiming they saw him in anything but a hell game. Sure, the ground may shake, you may even get the "Diablo walks the earth" message in Norm/Nmare, but he will not actually spawn. :spy:

Uber Diablo always drops the Annihulus charm, and nothing else. The only exeptions is in Classic games, where he will drop as Normal Diablo (since there are no charms in Classic). He will not drop Gheeds, that's for sure. :eek:

6. SirDooFuss

SirDooFuss IncGamers Member

Note that the diablo clone will only drop one anni charm no matter how many people are in the game. I found this out the hard way the first time. :mad:

He is very hard to kill, but a character with high crushing blow can bring his hit points down very quickly. Also, if you go back to town to stock up on potions, he will rejuvinate himself to full health! :eek:

Good luck, I haven't seen the "Diablo walks the earth" message at all this ladder season! :cheesy:

7. ebyworx

ebyworx IncGamers Member

if you see him again I can help you kill him if your on nl west, I have enuf annis to keep my happy

8. Myrakh-2

Myrakh-2 IncGamers Member

Not for me --- my poison mages have poison duration of more than 500 seconds...

9. Lensor

Lensor Banned

Tip, slap on a hwannin belt (or something else that prevents monster heal).

10. SirDooFuss

SirDooFuss IncGamers Member

OMG I hate hwanins belt...how could they stick a Normal 3 socket belt in that set??? :mad:

11. thegiantturtle

thegiantturtle IncGamers Member

I'm entertained that you can spawn uber-diablo at baals minions. They are superuniques, but that's just fun. Baal and Diablo on the same screen.

Also, the green was probably do to some poison damage you were inflicting. He normally look like normal Diablo.

12. mhl12

mhl12 IncGamers Member

13. Lensor

Lensor Banned

In my experience he is Black with a green tinge, normal Diablo is a black-red colour. :scratch:

14. Big Mog

Big Mog IncGamers Member

All the hell act bosses come up black, blue in nm and normal in... normal.