Chains of Honor
Hexfire, Fire Facet
Dragonscale, Fire Facet
Arachnid's
Magefist
Sandstorms Trek
The Rising Sun
2x Stone of Jordan

Currently in Progress, but I wouldn't mind a few pointers or other feeback...

NewForumBloke

Diabloii.Net Member
Well first off definately loose teh Holy Bolt. It wont do a thing for you in PvP since it can only heal allies only and dmg undead only. Think about putting pts into Holy sheild and your left overs into defiance or something. I dont see anything too wrong with ur equipment. But also remember that Conviction's effectiveness ends at lvl 25 so think about that skill wise too. Are u thinking about using combat skillers to boost ur foh? or r u just going to use lifers/xx.
Otherwise it doesnt sound like too bad of a build for a pally. Gool luck with it Deadly.

Bloke

ScorpioFury

Diabloii.Net Member
i might be wrong, but i think all that holy bolt synergizes for foh is the damage of the holy bolts thats shoot from foh. as the lorven said, these holy bolts have no value in pvp.

-Leo

batuchka

Diabloii.Net Member
Instead of soj maybe a ring with slvl 5 to synergise the hydra would be better fire damage as i had thought of a neco build using full/parial trangs and using the fire skills - that time the more experienced players shared their thoughts and that simple ring adds up some nice damage as it synergises both hydra and fireball. Actually why not use partial trangs and go for fireball as alternative attack to FOH? Also i am not sure if the final damage would be better from a Dragonscale or a Spirit shield and some math would be needed hehe. Also a 15/15 fire/light Ormus and HOTO is an alternative to COH/Hexfire? Hmm Mara's for resist and boost both elemental attcks? Interesting build and hope it works :D

LorveN

D3 Off Topic Moderator
ScorpioFury said:
i might be wrong, but i think all that holy bolt synergizes for foh is the damage of the holy bolts thats shoot from foh. as the lorven said, these holy bolts have no value in pvp.

-Leo
Checked it up now. Points in Holy Bolt will add to the HolyBolt-damage from FoH, which only damage undead anyway.
Result: worthless for pvp, since no opponents are undead.
(or perhaps it works for skelliemancer duels, but still i think there are better places for those skillpoints...)

NewForumBloke

Diabloii.Net Member
Lol batuchka i read the thread also about the fb pally and batuchka is right. A ring with some hyrda syngeries would be a great way of adding extra dmg as well a using partial trang with a fb ormus and it would give u another decent attack when used with convictoin. Here's a link to the fb pally guide by archon_aus : http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=238551
Hope you get some good ideas from there for ur hydra pally!

Again gl,

Bloke

batuchka

Diabloii.Net Member
Hehe ya - and the ring is best if it has slvl 5 firebolt charges as it synergises fireball, meteor and hydra :p In fact i was thinking a partial/full trangs poison/ summoner and although lower resist does -res elementalas good as conviction it loweres poison so a poison nova/fireballing necro with minions to keep monsters in a line and poison nova (delayed) + fireball (spam) while every monster is under a slvl 15 lower resist curse hehe. Throw in lvl 30/30 mages/mastery and 10 mages will do close to 4k total assorted elemental damage too :p Maybe revive some vampires too hehe Ok ok O/T here but ya earlier discussions state these items to synergise/boost fire skills :

1) Hexfire Shamsir
2) Spirit runeword
3) Ring of slvl 5 firebolt
4) Ormus
5) Moonfall Jagged Star (meteor to synergise fireball)
6) Mang Song /Ondal

Must be awesome fun playing a pally or necro with the fire attack hehe.

Theriverstyx

Diabloii.Net Member
i never felt any reason to put points into holy bolt. I meanhow many undeads are you gonna envcounter anyway? its worthless in both pvp and pvm :eek: