Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Working method for D1 on Windows 10

Discussion in 'Diablo 1' started by RadTang, Jun 7, 2016.

1. RadTang

RadTang IncGamers Member

I'm playing the good old D1 on my W10 PC. As far as I remember, I never needed to do anything special to play D1 (Hellfire is a different thing). If you can't play D1 - try this: https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/4kdh3u/diablo_1_deserves_some_love_introducing/ . Works for me. One note: It really has to be 1.09, not the 1.09b. I dont play on bnet (probably no one plays D1 on bnet today) so I cant tell you if it works in multiplayer too. Also, no fullscreen mode - you can only resize the window but only after launching the game with any character. :) Not mine, I'm only reposting it here in case you didnt heard about it.

IDMooseMan likes this.
  2. IDMooseMan

IDMooseMan IncGamers Member

I was unable to play Diablo and Hellfire on my Windows laptop before I upgraded to Windows 10. I'll have to try this to see if I can get them working. I read through the other posts on the site you provided. Someone asked if Hellfire had to be uninstalled before doing this process. There has not been an answer, yet. Do you know if Hellfire needs to be uninstalled first?

Since I cannot run either, I'm wondering if I should install Diablo first; follow the process from the link; and just hold off on installing Hellfire until a later date.

3. RadTang

RadTang IncGamers Member

Sorry, I don't know. I am not on my PC right now. You don't need to uninstall Hellfire though - as it's a separate game, installed into separate folder. I think that compatibility settings fixed Hellfire for me but regular Diablo always required some workarounds.

IDMooseMan likes this.
  4. IDMooseMan

IDMooseMan IncGamers Member

Thank you for the info.

5. RadTang

RadTang IncGamers Member

You're welcome :)