Words fail me....

Intolerance

Diabloii.Net Member
Words fail me....

Woman charged with burning daughter, locking her in cellar closet

PITTSBURGH, Pennsylvania (AP) -- A woman was charged with beating her 7-year-old adopted daughter with a dog chain and keys, burning her wrists on a stove, dousing her naked body with bleach, then locking the girl inside a closet in a coal cellar with a burning furnace filter, police said.

The girl was apparently not injured by the fire, police said. She was in stable condition at Children's Hospital Tuesday night.

Debra Liberman, 50, was arraigned earlier in the day on charges including assault with a deadly weapon, attempted homicide, and arson with threat of death.

Police said they were called to Liberman's home at about 7:30 a.m. Tuesday ET after a neighbor reported screams coming from the residence. Police found Liberman's unharmed 4-year-old son.

Officers then moved a safe blocking a closet door and found the girl inside. Liberman had set fire to a furnace filter and placed it inside the closet with the girl, police said.

The girl told police the alleged abuse had occurred overnight.

Liberman's son is being cared for by another person, whom police didn't identify.

Liberman was jailed on $1 million bail. A preliminary hearing scheduled for February 20.
Source

Smelly

Diabloii.Net Member
My solution: hang the woman by her feet until her head explodes. What kind of sick, twisted person would do that to a little girl... one that she adopted nonetheless. If only I could develop an anti-stupid ray gun... then again I'd kill off 90% of the world, including myself...

Choogy

Diabloii.Net Member
I heard about this guy who had killed several children by strangling them with an iron chain, putting them in acid, or chopping them into little pieces...a judge there (it was an Arabic country) followed the guidelines and made him die by strangling him with an iron chain, chopping him into little pieces, then feeding the pieces into acid.

Now if only we could get that arranged for the woman here. She could get her just desserts by getting what she did to that girl. "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." Eh?

zodiac66

Diabloii.Net Member
It never ceases to amaze me how cruel people can be. No matter how angry I may get at my kids, I could never, ever harm them in any way.

These sorts of things have always been around, it's just that with today's media slants on sensationalism, more of it is brought to light.
I truly don't understand the mind-set of someone who can do these things to any other human, let alone a child, let alone their own child. Such people should be automatically removed from the gene pool and incarcerated for life, at the very least.

My_Immortal6

Diabloii.Net Member
Anakha1 said:
It's not acidic, I don't think... but I don't know what it would do. Chemists among us???
I don't want to know, I feel sick enough already, I didn't even read the full article.

Plum

Diabloii.Net Member
Anakha1 said:
It's not acidic, I don't think... but I don't know what it would do. Chemists among us???
You can end up with pretty severe irritation to the skin through chemical burns with bleach from what I've seen. I've seen rashes every time, sometimes blisters, and occassionally open wounds. If it's ingested, you'll run into serious problems.

tarnok

Diabloii.Net Member
http://www.howe.k12.ok.us/~jimaskew/msds/bleach.htm

The material safety data sheet for 5.25% solution of sodium hypochlorite or liquid bleach. The relevant section is quoted below.

Bleach MSDS said:
===========================================================================

Health Hazard Data

===========================================================================

Route Of Entry - Inhalation: YES
Route Of Entry - Skin: YES
Route Of Entry - Ingestion: NO
Signs/Symptoms Of Overexp: EYES:CONTACT WITH LIQUID OR VAPORS MAY PRODUCE MODERATE TO SEVERE IRRITATION. SKIN CONTACT:MAY RESULT IN BLISTERING AND IRRITATION. INHALATION:VAPORS MAY CAUSE BRONCHIAL IRRITATION, COUGHING PULMONARY EDEMA. INGESTION:MAY CAUSE BURNING SENSATION & CORROSION OF MUCOUS MEMBRANES, VOMITING.
Emergency/First Aid Proc: EYES:FLUSH THOROUGHLY WITH RUNNING WATER FOR AT LEAST 15 MINUTES. SKIN:RINSE THOROUGHLY WITH RUNNING WATER. INHALATION: IFEFFECTS OCCUR, REMOVE VICTIM TO FRESH AIR. IN ALL INSTANCES GET PROMPT MEDICAL ATTENTION.

Wuhan_Clan

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm pretty sure bleach is a base (alkali) since all cleaning agents are slightly basic. However, its going to be way stronger then something like soap so it can cause skin irritation. A strong base is can be just as corrosive as a strong acid. Besides, they usually tell you on the bottles to avoid skin/eye exposure.

Through her other actions, its pretty safe to assume that the "mother" had used bleach with the intention of striking harm.

[edit] well there you go, just read the label above me ...

Bases can do as much harm (or more) as strong acids. Even though bleach contains only 5.25% sodium hypochlorite, prolonged exposure to the skin can and does cause serious burns and blistering. Especially to mucous membranes and exposed entries to the body (lips, genital areas, etc.). Breathing the fumes from it will eventually cause lung and mucous membrane damage, too.
The act was obviously intended to do harm, unless the woman was foolish enough to merely want to lighten the girl's skin, in which case she used the wrong kind of bleach.
Sickening.