Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

woot!

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by pharaoh, May 25, 2005.

1. pharaoh

pharaoh IncGamers Member

woot!

Does this mean it's time to make a druid? I think it's a pretty good drop, but it's probably too slow in the hands of anyone but a druid or perhaps a Zeal or Charge paladin.

2. farting bob

farting bob Banned

w00t, bolts!
    Oh, and a thunder maul. I presume its earth shifter, not cranium basher, right?
    I say it has good potential for a druid, although you'll need IAS from somewhere if is going to be worth it, and Life leech comes highly recommended. Difficult to say no it it though, i will agree.

3. pharaoh

pharaoh IncGamers Member

Actually, it was a Cranium Basher. I guess I should have been more specific, but I forgot all about Earth Shifter- when I say the gold thunder maul, I started drooling and frantically took a screenshot (had to find the well-hidden printscreen on the laptop).

I was thinking a Fury druid could do well with it. I haven't really played a druid in v1.10 though, so I don't know how feasible it is to go two-handed rather than weapon and shield, but some things I've read indicate that the druid has abysmal block rate, so going with a big two-hander might be best. Maybe I'll give it a shot, and run him through late Normal/early Nightmare with Bonesnap or Steeldriver, and get an idea of how the build feels. If it works well, I have a clean path of upgrades too- Bonesnap to upgraded perfect Bonesnap to Gavel of Pain to Cranium Basher.

As a slight aside, I had another first find in the same 'set' (ie between dumping off my haul to ATMA) of runs, and that was a Telling of Beads. I can now complete the Disciple set, and since it's one of the few high-level sets that doesn't use a weapon or shield, I can use it with a big maul. Still, I'll probably pass on that; I'm not big on using sets.

4. bill_n_opus

bill_n_opus IncGamers Member

Nice find.

I hear that the Cranium Basher is too slow for fury and the str reqs are pretty high ... but i'm on the nightshift so I pretty much don't know what i'm talking about ...

5. pharaoh

pharaoh IncGamers Member

I've always liked the image of a barb or druid with a bad-ass two-handed weapon of one kind or another (axes and mauls especially). The thing is, in many cases, there are so many drawbacks at a game-mechanical level that prevent it from being as viable as a lower-damage one-hander. Maybe I'll follow NF's 'zerker guide if the weapon is too slow (I had a Hellslayer on a Fury druid back in v1.09 on b.net, and it seemed to work pretty well). Like I said, I can 'test the waters' using other mauls on a druid, and get an idea of how my hurty blunt instrument might perform.

Oh, how I wish barbs could dual-wield mauls and two-handed axes... I'd be tempted to make a Frenzy barb using the Basher and something like Windhammer (chance to cast mods are cool). This imaginary barb could have a cheesy yet descriptive name like 'SmackDaddy'. :)

6. LordMay

LordMay IncGamers Member

I wouldn't use the cranium basher. I play fury druids all them time and I can never have enough life. That str req is too high. I'd rather have and upped shaeld ribcracker and more life than damage. A might merc is a nice boost and if you play sc HoW should get you good damage with ribby. All those points you would have put into str can now go to vit. Don't upgrade the bonesnap. It just isn't worth the runes and is too slow for fury.

7. pharaoh

pharaoh IncGamers Member

Maybe a chargadin or something then, or perhaps a werebear- with Shockwave, speed might not matter so much (they'll all be stunned), and with Maul, that would be some crazy damage.

On another note, though, I just thought I'd add this to my 'gloat thread'. And to think, just yesterday, I was bemoaning the lack of anything good from Baal- when he dropped golds, which wasn't often, it'd be crap like eth Bladebone. Meph coughed up an Arachnid Mesh a few runs back, too, but since I've already got a couple, and it wasn't as good as the one I was wearing, that was a 'nice' drop but not a 'holy crap, time to change my boxers' drop.

8. XDoomasX

XDoomasX IncGamers Member

Sorry for pointing this but i saw all area opend in your minimap ;) (both sreenshots)

Maby you like fullclears(even worldstone chamber) or maby it's MAp*ack :D

Slap me if i'm wrong :p

9. Serdash

Serdash IncGamers Member

I always run over and grab the gold on my first time around just so I can loot Baal for all he's got.

Not to mention sometimes during a fight I've had Baal go way over that way, so you never know.

10. DougTheHead2

DougTheHead2 IncGamers Member

*slap*

Hehe, just felt like taking you up on the offer. The second shot had my head scratching too, though, I never get up in that far N corner.

11. farting bob

farting bob Banned

*slap*
    Well he's in SP, so really, if he cleared it once, or a bit each time, the end result would be the whole map showing. It really isnt uncommon for the whole throne room to be explored at least some point on your travels.
    And my throne of destruction map has the whole room on minimap, because once or twice i need to hide from baal while my merc swallows a healing potion or i need to cast a safe TP.
    *slaps again*

12. HBeachBabe

HBeachBabe IncGamers Member

my partner Tess makes it a point to get her map fully explored, even in the WS chamber - besides, that far left side has all the gold lying around

13. Boulos

Boulos IncGamers Member

I usually explore all areas of a map too. Even in the "outside" areas of the game. Something about an imcomplete mini-map sets my teeth on edge. I think it's the obsessive-compulsive side of me.

14. farting bob

farting bob Banned

You really should get her on here, we cant say no to more lovely D2-playing ladies. :thumbsup:
    I dont mind leaving my minimap half uncovered, especially if its a boring area like the whole of act 3 (bar trav) or the surface areas of act 5 that are all identical and pointless.

15. pharaoh

pharaoh IncGamers Member

Ugh, no hacks! I usually fill in areas more-or-less completely when a) questing, or b) doing repeated MF runs of the same area. If I'll be looking at it for any length of time, it bugs me to see gaping holes in the automap.

16. ToastedTacoGuy

ToastedTacoGuy IncGamers Member

if he was using maphack you would see little plus signs over his merc on the mini map ;). i used to use maphack when i played bnet and it carried over to sp, but i have restarted and gone fully legit.

17. XDoomasX

Was gone for few day's.Dig this up to see answer.
    But there is huge variaty of MapBags out there.And another thing that bovered me in those sreenshots was minimap seemd not right(how to say it too visible).Oh well..."slaps himself, and slaps all who slaped him ;) "

18. PyroStock

PyroStock IncGamers Member

I find my 2-handed werewolf easier than my 1-handed paladin. I play HC & SC. Lots of people make 2-handed/dual-wielding Whirlwind/Frenzy Barbs. I find the Barb/Druid huge life boost and other skills better than a Pal's HolyShield/Block.

19. HBeachBabe

HBeachBabe IncGamers Member

you can adjust how 'faded' your minimap looks. nothing wrong with the ones from the screen shots

20. XDoomasX

Damit forgot that one :rolleyes: Ok just let this thread sink once again