Woohoo! Drivers Liscense

redneck hater

Diabloii.Net Member
Woohoo! Drivers Liscense

Soo happy, today I finally got my drivers liscense...Bleh now I jus need to get a job... Anyhow, parallel parking was no biggie, although I forgot to signal for that and the three point turn (Who does?). Only other problem was that the whole time I drove with one hand..Bad habit, but anyhow no more taking the bus home from school! *Does happy dance*

ZeppelinAngel

Diabloii.Net Member
eh.. i don't like driving, and i wasn't even required to parallel park.. it's not a requirement to get your license here anymore

Xynrx

Diabloii.Net Member
redneck hater said:
Only other problem was that the whole time I drove with one hand..Bad habit
Seriously? And they passed you?

Normally, around here anyway, when going for a driver's test they will tell you do do something once, like: "keep both hands on the wheel." If you don't, they will start to deduct points and not remind you again... well, until the end when they tell you that you've failed. I would have thought that a new driver with only one hand on the wheel- especially in a test situation- would be a form of 'unsafe driving,' whatever that means, and end the test if it persisted.

Or you just had a cool driving examiner that let you slide.

redneck hater

Diabloii.Net Member
Well, she counted off 5 points for that but apparently it's not illegal or anything. It's always been a habit of mine to do that. Yeah, she seemed really nice and didn't really cite anything I did, so that helped... Eh, Boost my confidence, lol.

Zep, I envy you for not having to parallel park..I practiced that all day before the test, heh. Anyhow on monday I get my name on insurence card, so thats all good.

Nword

Banned
Whenever I get around to taking my road test, I don't think parallel parking will be that hard for me. The hard part will just be not doing anything stupid... including the 1 hand on the wheel thing...

And congratz

And I dont' like driving either...

redneck hater

Diabloii.Net Member
I was kinda surprised, it was alot easier then I expected. Only thing was, was that I was so nervous I almost missed a turn lane and stuff like that. Otherwise it was really simple. Good luck on your test too.

Oh yeah, they really ought to do away with parallel parking. Where I live theres nowhere that you can parallel park.