Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Won't ladder reset ruin ladder-only items?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Paladuck, Mar 20, 2004.

1. Paladuck

Paladuck IncGamers Member

Won't ladder reset ruin ladder-only items?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but when the ladder is reset, all ladder characters will become non-ladder, correct? What then will happen to all the ladder items? (ladder-only uniques, up'd items, etc) If they remain in the game I see some issues...

I think they should just delete all the ladder chars.

2. conan

conan IncGamers Member

Ladder Characters will be dumped into Non Ladder along with all the neato upped items and all the Ladder Only Uniques. If you notice that said uniques say "Can only SPAWN on ladder" they dont say can only exist on ladder. I have 3 mules full of upped items and ladder only uniques, they will sell well=)

3. Starseed

Starseed IncGamers Member

I agree. With all the people walking around with gobs of items.. why bother even playing on ladder, if a person's intent is to just have the items when they'll be able to get them on NL. Granted they'll cost an arm and a leg, no doubt but.. eh.. should really just delete all ladder chars. if/when they reset it.. IF IF IF they ever do.

4. SuggestiveName

SuggestiveName IncGamers Member

Ladder will never be reset. Blizzard doesn't even know D2 exists anymore, they have bigger fish to fry these days.

5. Salo

Salo IncGamers Member

i agree. wont ever be. needs a patch i bet.

theres inferno and arctic blast major nerfish bugs, (not hard to fix actually) theres some other bnet stuff always to fix, all that I bet is happening or NOT happening with a ladder maintenance, something blizz wont do jack about. it will take like 4-5 people away from their multi billion dollar business. waa waa.

6. Cloud_Walker

Cloud_Walker Banned

LOL if that's the case then there was close to zero point in ever creating the ladder in the first place.

7. SuggestiveName

SuggestiveName IncGamers Member

Ladder shut people up for a couple of months. Blizz figures that we'll all buy WoW and stop caring about D2 ladder.

And despite what Inu will tell you to the contrary, ladder play has FAR, FAR less dupes/hacks etc than normal play. There are dupes, yes, especially some runes, but its still better than it was.

8. Lord Chaos

Lord Chaos IncGamers Member

Maybe they should stop the item bribe for ladder and simply make it a competition place. Make all the recipies and items avaliable and spawning in NL after reset.

Then all the people who wants to compete on the ladder and be 1337 can do that to their hearts content, without the rest of us getting truckloads of useless runes that cannot be combined. (its really sad when you have an entire mule dedicated to ONE single rune :/ )