Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Wonko Enters Baba-Land

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Wonko the Sane, Mar 28, 2004.

1. Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane IncGamers Member

Wonko Enters Baba-Land

That's right, I'm starting a Barbarian. I dare you to pretend to care! Go on, I dare you! :D

On an actual note, I'm looking for tips. I was thinking of sword mastery + conc and/or beserk, with some warcries thrown in. Suggestions? Changes? Improvements? Post anything you think I need =)

On the other hand, I've wanted to have a viable WW-based build too. We'll see which idea pans out, shall we?

All help will be largely appreciated, and I thank all of you in advance.

2. Kremtok

Kremtok IncGamers Member

I'm never one to turn down a dare!

And on that note, I encourage your attempt at your first Barbarian. I, myself, have never ventured into baba land, as you so eloquently phrased the act. I suppose that your build should center around the gear you have available. Are you intending to play untwinked? Do you have uber gear laying around collecting virtual dust? Somewhere in between? I'm not sure exactly how item-dependent Barbarians are, but I do know that they need lots and lots of damage to be truly effective. I suggest you start with looking at what weapons you have at your disposal.

This is where I would wish you luck, but I will not, as you shouldn't need it. Instead, I offer these words in closing: monkey, soda pop, truffles.

3. MeBrutox

MeBrutox IncGamers Member

I really did enjoy the Berserk barb, with a similiar build to the one Nightfish wrote a guide on. If you do go this route though, one suggestion (in the above mentioned guide), use the Angelic Wings (amulet) and 2 Angelic Halos (rings). This will do 2 things for you, give you +6 to your attack rating per a level, and 20% damage goes to mana. Since your Defense will be 0, you should never have an issue with mana, except mana burn monsters

Also, rather then pumping the Mastery above, I would suggest that you add only one point there, and instead add the other points into warcries. Some like the one that adds life/mana (it can double your life at higher levels) and/or the Shout that stuns mobs, both are lifesavers.

Unfortunately the Concentration barb is still a ways down the list on future builds, so I have no experience with that.

4. Crazy Runner Guy

Crazy Runner Guy IncGamers Member

Actually i believer they give +12/clvl, so +24/clvl with both on.

Anyway, For masteries, most barbs conc/zerk barbs leave them at one, as synergies add more damage and AR can be gotten from another source. On the other hand, my WW and frenzy barbs have/will max their respective masteries.

Check out the guides in the FAQ's at the top. It is a very good compilation of ideas for barbs. Feel free to shoot me a PM if you have any other questions.

crg

5. Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane IncGamers Member

Thanks for the support peoples =) I've decided to go mainly for WW, and Beserk if I need it for PIs.

Far as gear goes, I've got nothing laying around for him (lvl 23 as of right now) but a random act of generosity did net me a Carthan's ring and two Griswold's Edges for early on =) (Thanks Edea - sorry, can't for the life of me recall your forum name :()

6. tragor

tragor IncGamers Member

Go Wonko, unleash your inner barb. It's an excellent way to relieve post-work tension.

Remember, it's not "running away", it's a "tactical retreat". Best of luck to you. :thumbsup: