Woman battering men, whoda thunk...

Carnage-DVS

Diabloii.Net Member
Anakha1 said:
Uhhh... what? I don't think your reply works in the context of my post. :D
Bah.What if they both hit you at the same time?What would you do?Would you go after the man or the woman or let them go?

Anakha1

Banned
Carnage-DVS said:
Bah.What if they both hit you at the same time?What would you do?Would you go after the man or the woman or let them go?

Well I wouldn't use physical violence on them in return unless I had to defend myself from further assaults. Depending on the severity of the assault I would call the police or arrest them myself, but in both cases the response would be equal.

Carnage-DVS

Diabloii.Net Member
Anakha1 said:
Well I wouldn't use physical violence on them in return unless I had to defend myself from further assaults. Depending on the severity of the assault I would call the police or arrest them myself, but in both cases the response would be equal.
You turned a joke into something series.Go kill yourself.It's supposed to work the other way around.

nnndave

Diabloii.Net Member
You know out of 1000 crimes, only 500 are reported?

I'm not sure where the hell these stats come from but i'm reading it out of my criminal justice textbook. In the end, after courts, bails, fines, deals, whatever, only 17 out of 1000 (non-juvenile) crimes are incarcerated?

I am a huge fan of COPS, and I know you cain't get all your info from watching TV, but from the 300+ episodes I've seen, I can say most people involved in a domestic dispute, aggrivated assault, both parties are being dubasses and they should both be slapped with a sperm whale.

I do agree that they make men out to be the bad guy way too much.

CaptJoe213

Diabloii.Net Member
I have no numbers to back it, but I must agree with Anak, from personal experience I have found that nearly half of all women I've known have been abused at one time in their lives, all of them physically. It's been such a common thing in the areas I've lived that just about every woman I've ever been with has been beaten. It's heartbreaking, but a sad truth in our world. One that deserves our utmost efforts to change, btw.

Women do it to men too, though men rarely report it, or even see it as abuse in some ocassions. I know a woman that has a husband whom she used to hit quite often. This guy was pretty much a waste of space, and one of the most annoying people you'll ever meet, but that's no reason for violence against him. He would do something stupid, and everyone in the room would want to lay him out for it, and the woman would get mad and embarassed and just waylay his a**. Even though we all wanted to do the same thing, we realized it was wrong for her to do it. We spoke to him about intervention for her abuse, and he didn't even think of it as abuse. She got help, and no longer smacks him, so I'm waiting for my turn to stuff a fist in his face lol...Point is, some men are embarassed, and some men dont even realize they are being abused.

Akira

Anakha1 said:

How exactly does one perform a citzen's arrest?

edit: or are you a law enforcement person?

Technetium

Diabloii.Net Member
Being just slightly over a hundred pounds, I've often thought about the possibility of neck injury while being slapped by a woman. What recourse would I have in such a situation? I'm pretty sure if I went to the police they would laugh and tell me to be a man or something like that.

I guess I'm glad I haven't been slapped since I was a kid.

maccool

Diabloii.Net Member
In a truly equal society we'd be able to kick the snot out of each other without regard to race, sexual orientation, color, gender, or national origin. I don't know if that's a good thing or not.

Carnage-DVS said:
You turned a joke into something series.Go kill yourself.It's supposed to work the other way around.
I don't normally like to get downright insulting, but what kind of stupidity is this, anyway? This is input?

Back on topic: I have no idea as to the validity of any of the stats given in this thread, but domestic violence, of course, is still a closet crime. Meaning there is a lot more of it going on than meets the eye, though more of it comes to light nowadays than say, 25 or 50 years ago.
I believe most men, if physically abused by their wives/girlfriends, don't report it for the following reasons:
-They are ashamed of themselves for being abused by a woman.
-They don't think police or anyone else will believe them.
-They know there's a good chance if they report it, she will turn it around and make it look like he started it, and he might lose kids, house, life and livelihood just for reporting a crime against his person. It happens that way, often.
-They honestly don't know what to do about it. They feel they should just sit and take it; to reciprocate in kind would be to invite trouble and let the demons out.
-Maybe they like it.

Anakha1

Banned
MixedVariety said:
-Maybe they like it.
While the rest of your theories are completely correct, Mixed, this one is dangerous. People say the same thing about women being abused and *****, for that matter. If someone enjoys being physically hit it's called masochism, not abuse. This theory was one of the reasons that wife abuse was ignored for so long.

nnndave said:
You know out of 1000 crimes, only 500 are reported?
It's actually a lot less than that. :( The large majority of crimes are never reported.

And Dave, don't trust COPS too much. It's a show that, like all shows, wants ratings. They only show the extreme ones where they know it will interest people. Rednecks screaming at each other is a good way to do that. COPS is not an accurate portrayal of domestic abuse. Most abused women are nothing like what you see on TV and their lives are absolute hell.

Akira said:
How exactly does one perform a citzen's arrest?

edit: or are you a law enforcement person?
As Zeppy pointed out, I'm a military police officer (although the sexy part may be a bit out there ;) ).

As far as I'm aware, all you have to do to perform a citizen's arrest is physically touch them (a hand on the shoulder is what most police officers do) and verbally tell them they are under citizen's arrest and the reasons for it. The circumstances you can arrest someone under are specific to the nation you're in, as they differ from Canada to the U.S. so check it out yourself. In Canada there are specific requirements such as the crime is an indictable offence, they are in the process of the crime in question of which you actually witness yourself and there is direct threat of injury to yourself or other bystanders as the result of that crime.

nnndave

Diabloii.Net Member
Anakha1 said:
It's actually a lot less than that. :( The large majority of crimes are never reported.

And Dave, don't trust COPS too much. It's a show that, like all shows, wants ratings. They only show the extreme ones where they know it will interest people. Rednecks screaming at each other is a good way to do that. COPS is not an accurate portrayal of domestic abuse. Most abused women are nothing like what you see on TV and their lives are absolute hell.
I was referring to the major felonies (arson, thievery, robbery, buglary, agg. assault, arson, MVT, ect)

Also note I was exluding juveniles.

Yeah i didn't necissarily say I trust COPS, but realisticly though... The majority of the calls cops get are from neighbors who hear dingleberries throught the wall and they call to break it up and the dude has a scratch mark on his back and a bite on his arm and she has a welt on her cheeck and the tv is broken and they are both drunk/stoned. They both lie and someone gets arrested and the same thing happens again next week. Almost all the crimes are on the bottom of the criminal justice "wedding cake" if you know what i'm talking about. :scratch:

Carnage-DVS

Diabloii.Net Member
Excuse me for trying to lighten up this thread.No need to throw around insults, unless you really want to,then I'll retaliate with happiness...freak.

mathil

Diabloii.Net Member
seriously yall. everyone is way too tense. not just here, but everyone in general. we all need to relax, smoke a bowl, and listen to where is the love repeatedly.

i mean, the most insulting thing u can do to someone who flicks you off is blow them a kiss.

nnndave

Diabloii.Net Member
Yaboosh said:
Hahaha, dave, you reading the Walker textbook?
Nah, Siegel/Senna Essentials of Criminal Justice fourth edition :( I payed 80 bucks for this bastard...