Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

WolfHowl questions

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by garion, Jun 15, 2005.

1. garion

garion IncGamers Member

WolfHowl questions

never used this before...but it looked fun....

my question is this...can you use concentrate with wwolf?...how about war crys? BO, BC, Shout?, can you use war cries in wolf form? etc...thanks

ok i lied i guess that was "questionS" :D

2. Mammel248

Mammel248 Banned

I have a Wolfbarb, and you can't use anything, except normal attack, Feral Rage and Werewolf when you are in Werewolf form.

This means NO barb combat skills. (more skills for war cries etc :thumbsup: )
    And, you'll have to Bo before changing to wolf form.

3. IIDX

IIDX IncGamers Member

normal and feral rage attack in wereform, but someone posted in the Zero-Units wolfbaba thread about being able to use venegence during wereform, i haven't done it myself...anyone clarify this?

warcrys dont work in wereform but apply before.

4. garion

garion IncGamers Member

so, as long as i use my cries before chaging form its ok then...but i can re-new my crys in wwolf....i can just change back use wcries and change back to wwolf right?

man this sounds fun =)...

although ive maxed out concentrate already..doh....maybe ill make a new barb...and leave the concentrate barb as a goldfinder or something

either way i can use him to get some experience on a wolf barb

thanks so much guys

5. garion

garion IncGamers Member

actually one more question about fferal rage...its a skill that leeches...and gets more powerful per hit? or per leech?

so does feral rage work/power up on phys immunes? or skeletons?...etc...things you cant leech from?

thx

6. Quietus

Quietus IncGamers Member

For every successful time you strike the enemy, it powers up one stage. I believe that it hits it's max after four or five strikes, and from then on each successful strike renews the timer (It runs out after 20 seconds).

It will allow you a high level of life leech; however, that life leech will only work against enemies you could normally leech from. This means no skeletons, no physimmunes, etc.

7. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

Standard Wolfbarb skill build, whether pvp or pvm

Max Mastery of choice
    Max Shout
    Max BO
    Max Iron Skin

You have absolutely no need for the combat skill tree and skills like increased stamina/speed/natural resistances usually only need 1-3 points.

8. garion

garion IncGamers Member

Wooo...got my wolf howl....

my first impressions are that there is an intangible coolness factor..that i can sshift :D ...this beyond viability and all... :lol:

in anycase it looks like i should use as fast a weapon as possible...also looks like it pointless to double wield...perhaps just a nice shield and a my lightsabre....

will have more fun testing it out tonight

9. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

Just look at ZeroUnit's guide for all your wolfbarb needs. I would recommend a 4 shael'ed griz caddy for an insane 4 fpa attack. Couple it with war travelers for decent base damage.

10. garion

garion IncGamers Member

lol...yah ive been reading it...but dang there are allot of pages...lol.....

i've been using ik boots for the time being (40% f r/walk) and was using stealt (another 25% fhrcovery and 25% f r/walk)...thinking of upgrading to arkaines or fortitude....and i still need a shield (spirit? +2 skills?)....i think my friend has a caddy...but i think his is only 3 socs....

any case i have allot more stuff to learn and digest...but this is so cool...now i know what people are talking about when they say "wolf barb"

11. Zero-unit

Zero-unit IncGamers Member

Actually I refered Vengeance as a leveling tool you can use when availible. Your still restricted to wolf attacks no matter what. Aslo for the one whos says dual-wielding might be pointless, you can still use it but its only vaible for certain situations and what you have on that hand. Mainly only the beneficial weapons (Like +defense/life/resist/and so on.) will help (Speed and damage modifyers wont.). For the shield I always recomend the Stormshield, I belive it is perfect and those two armor choices are perfect.

[email protected]~

12. MonsterSlayer

MonsterSlayer Guest

If you are pure vita, Silence would maybe be better than Spirit? Wolfs have high fhr anyway :)

13. garion

garion IncGamers Member

:lol:
    hmm not sure if im familiar with vengence? runeword didnt find it on arreats...

but the war travellers tip was very good..its boosted dmg 100-200 pts...thx omikron8

also for the time being im using whistans shield(since i lost my ssheid during muling, b.net went down...), its seems to have great blocking, but i will keep an eye out for another stormsheild, i think the DR there will really help in hell.

Zero-unit (drake) thx for the awesome thread/guide, it is truly one of the most extensive guides i have seen, exploring many different options (both high end and low end, and effectiveness), thanks for providing me many more hours of fun.. :thumbsup: ...although istill have like 50 more pages to go through :lol:

ooo silence...never considered this rune word before =) the most stirking thing is the +75 all res (holy smokes!)

i guess ive always played ranged players (bowazon, cs/ls java, sorc, necro, trapsin..etc) so im not that familiar with melee gear (unless its for my act 2 mercs)...but i did like spirit because of the 25% faster hit recovery and the +2 skills...but perhaps this would just be good for pre-buffing (that is using warcrys before changing right?)

once again thank you all for all the fun i've been having with this new and super unique char....a barb thats a werewolf...man that gonna take a while to get used to :lol:

14. garion

garion IncGamers Member

o i also got a pair of draculs last night havent tested these yet...not sure what open wounds does...read about it...sounds like psn dmg that you cant resist....but not really sure...

i got a hold of a fort (stolen form another one of my "retired" chars :D ), and they are nice..in terms of dmg...not a "ton" more dmg...but there is considerable more dmg.

now i just need to decide on the rings and ammy...currently im leaving on my +3 warcries ammy, and using some life leech rares....

and currently sporting tgods for a belt, i will need to find a verdungos....those seem great of vitality and some dr....

oh as a last question....is griz caddy faster than lighsabre?

any suggestions would be great =)

15. batuchka

batuchka IncGamers Member

Well i'm making a wolfbarb (PvM) soon too and i wish to share ideas - specifically on prebuffing/levelling :p On ladder to prebuff werewolf/lyncantrophy/warcries and since barbs can dual wield i'm using 2*Spirit broad swords (lvl 25) +seraph's hymm until i can get a +5 Mang Song hehe. Shall try to acquire a BK ring as well. In wolf form the seraph's is ditched for a highlords and the main weapon is still undecided for me but definitely SS for shield :p Oh a griz caddy is definitely faster than LS. Open wounds works in such a way that a certain amount of life is lost per frame/second from a foe via bleeding wounds. For PvM this is not very effective but like you i will go with dracs but mainly for its +str/leech and most importantly ctc life tap. Instead i am going to get a decent amount of crushing blow and deadly strike. I was really impressed when i tested wolfhowl on my mf WW barb and he didn't even have max shout/iron skin :p Zero-unit was referring to the 'Kingslayer' r/w and it has +1 vengence. I was thinking of going zeal/zerk barb in my young life to level with a Passion Highland Blade (lvl 49) as skillswise its similiar to a zealbarb anyway and shout synergises beserk hehe. Cheers

16. garion

garion IncGamers Member

thats a good idea on the spirit broad swords...i guess any 4 socket 1-hnd-sword will do....im having some trouble finding 4 socket monarch (i gotta learn to think more outside the box)...but the swords will easier to get a hold of..and will get +4 that way....currently i have a culwens lol as part of my pre buff...so spirit will be a big upgrade :D ive been putting thisgear on my concentrator so hes a semi wolfbarb (minus the iron skin....since i maxed out concentration)

17. batuchka

batuchka IncGamers Member

Hmm also when testing out weapons on that barb i used an eth oath balrog and he did some nice dmg and i think wolfbarbs can get away with slightly slower but damaging weapons in PvM play :p Also not only 1-h swords are viable for spirits on barbs :p Giant swords, claymores and bastard swords all get max 4 socks and barbs can wield 2-h swords in one hand :D