Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Wolfhowl question

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by Addict, Apr 11, 2008.

1. Addict

Addict IncGamers Member

Wolfhowl question

Hi guys I was just wondering how wolfhowl would work with my singer. I have a +3 warcries wolfhowl so i thought it would be nice for my singer, as well as give me the option to actually go hit things if I wanted to. So do you think I should:

1. Use it just for the +3 warcries as my caster gear would make for a wussy wolf

2. Go between wolf & caster modes as my mood dictates (find a good wep switch w/ITD & CB)

3. Use a shako (don't have access to a godly magic +3warcries/+3BO/+3warcry)

Opinions greatly appreciated, thanx

2. ToolToad

ToolToad IncGamers Member

Re: Wolfhowl question

Well I'd use a shako. Wolfhowl is great for the warcries bonus but you really need the shako for the life and mana bonus. Since if you have a high enough WC it really takes good chunks of mana per yell. You could use it to prebuff your BO a bit higher.. but I'd stick with a shako.

As for doing the melee... I'd just stick with singing.. but you could try it I suppose.

3. [exile]

[exile] IncGamers Member

I don't think it's really worth shifting into Wolf form if you haven't invested in a weapon mastery. True, you have ITD and CB... personal preference I guess. But finding such a weapon is kind of problematic to begin with, especially if you want fast attack speed. Maybe a Grief PB but it's a little slow for my taste.

You can try it out and see how you like it but I suspect you'll prefer sticking with pure Singer.

4. stephan

stephan IncGamers Member

I think someone posted a build not so long ago where the wolfhowl was used with a weapon switch to dispose of act bosses.

EDIT
    here

In addition you could use a one-point berserk for PIs.

5. Addict

Addict IncGamers Member

thx for the great link stephan! :)

6. Kordova

Kordova IncGamers Member

if yer actualy making a serious singer you should only have 70 max str and even with nig i dont think youll have enugh to put the Wolfhowl on. im not 100% ttho, try getting a 2baba skillz 20% fcr helm with mana/life and FRw mods....expensive though