Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Wolfbarb weapon IAS questions

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by Eilo Rytyj, Oct 22, 2006.

1. Eilo Rytyj

Eilo Rytyj IncGamers Member

Wolfbarb weapon IAS questions

I've had these questions rattling in my mind for some time now, I'm wondering if those of you in the know could help with some specifics about Griswold's Redemption in particular.

I am aware that one of the best Wolfbarb weapons is the 4 Shael'd Griz' Caddy, which adds up to 120% IAS, allowing that 4 frame attack. But I was wondering:

1) Does anyone know the actual IAS breakpoint for the 4 frame attack, with Griswold's ([-10] speed weapon) for a Barbarian in Werewolf form using Feral Rage?

2) How does the IAS bonus on the Werewolf skill factor in to all of this? Like affecting the on-weapon IAS needed to reach the 4 frame breakpoint?

This is probably the most asked question, and I think I know the answer, but:
    3) Does off-weapon IAS affect attack speed while shifted at all?

4) How about Fanaticism? According to the German weapon speed site, Fanaticism affects Feral Rage speed for Druids in wereform, so I assume the same for Barbarians. Is the site correct?

I'd like to know if I am able to prebuff Werewolf at a certain higher level, so as to get away with less IAS on-weapon, in favour of Jewels of Fervor (think 40/15) over Shaels and still maintain a 4 frame Feral Rage.

These are some tough questions, I hope there are folks out there who know what I'm on about.

Cheers. :thumbsup:

2. nebux

nebux IncGamers Member

IAS from fanaticism, werewolf and armor type ( gloves, armor, amulet, helm etc.) doesn't affect your feral speed at all. maybe only 5% 10% Off hand IAS is good for another breakpoint.
    the only thing that is helpfull is on weapon IAS. use this dragoon calculator. keep in mind that feral rage is flawed and just use normal attack when using dragoon calculator

3. Eilo Rytyj

That doesn't make sense, you've contradicted yourself there.

According to the calculator, it's only on-weapon IAS that affects the speed, and it's got to be 119%. I tried pumping in 95% off-weapon IAS (45% Treachery, 20% gloves, 20% ammy, 10% belt) , slvl 20 WW (68% IAS), with slvl 20 Fanaticism (35%), yet it says that you still need 119% IAS for 4 frames. 115% doesn't budge, whether all that off-weapon IAS is there or not...

That must mean that only on-weapon IAS affects it. Your little bit about 5% or 10% must be false then.

I don't see why the German calculator says that Fanaticism affects a Druid's Feral Rage. Perhaps it's dodgy and broken, or perhaps there's something I'm missing.

4. SSoG

SSoG IncGamers Member

Nebux wasn't referring to your specific breakpoint (120% WIAS on a Gris' Caddy) when she said that maybe 5-10% off-weapon IAS will come in handy, she was referring to wereforms in general. For wereforms, the more on-weapon IAS you have, the less effective off-weapon IAS becomes. If you have 120% on-weapon IAS, then off-weapon IAS will be entirely useless (you'll be over the speed cap already), but if you have a lesser amount of on-weapon IAS (maybe 40-80%), then you might find that 5-15% off-weapon IAS can get you to the next breakpoint (or maybe not).

You are correct- in your specific instance, off-weapon IAS is useless. For wereforms in general, if you have any decent amount of on-weapon IAS, then off-weapon IAS is useless, except for some situations where "maybe only 5% 10% Off hand IAS is good for another breakpoint."

5. Eilo Rytyj

I get you. I thought about that when I was plugging away with that calculator, thinking about possible reasons why all that off-weapon IAS didn't do much.

Ah well, problem solved I guess. It's 4 Shaels or bust.

Cheers folks!