Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

wolfbarb and P8 baal running qeustions?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by nebux, Sep 28, 2006.

1. nebux

nebux IncGamers Member

wolfbarb and P8 baal running qeustions?

what should socket stormshield for an wolfbarb PD (Um) or Shael?
    als charms ar/damage or life charms.
    my barb has this:
    Duress, raven 20/231, BKWB, Atma's,LOH
    Oath cryptic sword / Grief now courtesy of DX
    Wolfhowl P Ruby ? <-- should be %damage or +min max dam
    Stormshield Pdiamond <-- Um or Shael for 5 fps block rate ( he use werewolf block and FHR rates?)
    Thundergod i hate gloams but should do even without tips?
    charms i have some life charms on him, should i go with AR/damage ones?

merc:
    Stone eth bugz0red should be a Duress eth bugz0red?
    reaper's and kira.
    also do lister pack still have ITD in 1.11. my merc can tank them for long time withot taking damage.
    some tips for a good way in killing wawe 2 at P8. here my merc is getting trouble.
    thanks.

2. Deaddave

Deaddave IncGamers Member

i have 2 words for you draculs grasp that ctc life tap is godly, (thats if you have them of course, also whats you resists like?? if there good go with shaels for faster block if not use gems. for charms you want to get as many small charms with life on as possable

3. Crazy Runner Guy

Crazy Runner Guy IncGamers Member

Um or p diamond. This isn't PvP.
    You need ar/damage charms or res/life charms
    Meh. I don't like this for a PvM armor (OW is crap, expecially at high players settings, and the CB/res is low.
    Good.
    Get another raven. The 20 dex is 80 life that is BO/lycan able. You shouldn't need the LL or the skill
    Good. The Amp is great, as is the LoH.
    Grief pwns. Just check out the IAS tables to see which breakpoint you're hitting.
    Depends on your damage +30 max would be great here.

Sure. Go with it, even though it's not necessary. The stats will give you more life.

You're looking for ar/life, dmg/ar/life, res/life charms.

Strijdje's Lycan (pat thread)

good luck

crg

4. Llathias

Llathias Banned

If you weren't using grief, I'd suggest going 2-handed. With that much defense (20 Shout + 20 Iron Skin), you're going to be blocking much less than the listed 75% of physical attacks, and you have such a huge life pool that it'd take monsters quite a while to kill you even naked! Look at it this way: Werewolves go 2 handed, and they neither have as much def nor as much life. Most barbs go 2 handed, and they usually don't have as much def (only 1 in IS) and definitely not as much life. Why should a Wolfbarb who has incredible defense and potentially incredible amount of hitpoints use a shield? As an added bonus, you won't have to deal with the slow block rate.

If you still want to go with SS (or, more accurately, the Grief), use a pdiamond. Ums are not to be wasted like that!

Merc: Stone ftw!

Wave 2: You might want to try deshifting to barb form and use your crowd control War Cries (namely, Howl & Taunt) before you shift again and get rid of Achmel asap.

@Deaddave: I don't think he'd need any more life leech than what Feral Rage gives. Yes, it doesn't work on skeletons and the like, but you don't have to wait for 20 hits for the 350% dmg to demons bonus on LoH to work.