Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Wolf Druid w/ summons?

So
Druids are my vary favorite of all the characters
and i am trying to make a wolf w/ summons as a backup
and i was wondering any suggestions?
i will be playing ladder us west soft core
and i would love your imput
Might take a little while to get all the parts, though not too long as they are common, but give the Town Dump Werebear a look-see. One shael in the maul (instead of two), the skillset of any select werewolf you prefer, and you're done! An IK partial set werewolf will have no problems taking on hell, via the massive bonuses to/on the maul, and the inherent resists on the partial set (also gives Life leech, and FHR). For armor, throw on Lionheart. Cheap, easy enough to find, and it'll offset the str requirement of the maul. Treachery is another good option if you manage to knock a Lem out of the NM forge.

Another option would be building akin to BJam's Ribcracker guide, as it should also be fairly easy to find on the new ladder. Same skillset as before, gear to taste, shael and eventually up the Ribby, and watch hell die!

lumpor

Diabloii.Net Member

A fury druid with maxed dire wolves and grizzly 8and using the wolves), seems like a good build. Wonder if there's any bear build using grizzly (with more than 1 point that is)

KellKheraptis

Diabloii.Net Member

A fury druid with maxed dire wolves and grizzly 8and using the wolves), seems like a good build. Wonder if there's any bear build using grizzly (with more than 1 point that is)
Well if that's what you want, just use the TDW as is :D

Ed from Russia

Diabloii.Net Member

The Town Dump Bear that KellKheraptis recommends is a Werebear that uses Wolves/Grizzly, Heart of Wolverine and Ravens, plus a Carrion Vine from the ring Carrion Wind. It's a very nice build that is cheap and easy to make.

If you want a wolf instead, try the following setup:
20 Fury
20 Dire Wolves
20 Grizzly
20 Heart of Wolverine
rest in Lycanthropy

That should work. For gear you can stick with the same as the Town Dump bear, or look at the Fury Wolf Uber guide in the stickies (that uses Ribcracker).

Overall a bear is nicer IMO because Shockwave is great in combination with summons.