Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Wolf Druid Build, what do you think?

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Kairo Annunaki, May 14, 2005.

1. Kairo Annunaki

Kairo Annunaki IncGamers Member

Wolf Druid Build, what do you think?

(NOt this build though, but the next one..)
    I currently have a level 80 Druid. His stats are:
    Base-
    Stregth - 220
    Dex- 100
    Vitality - 150
    Energy - Default 25

20 Wolverine, 20 Lycanthropy, 20 Heart Of The Wolvering, 20 Fury, 4 or 6 Maul charge up (Rest would go into maul)

But, I recently am having some hard times in Hell mode. I decided that Defiance Merc from act2 normal would be very very nice. So I'm thinking about a new build... here's as follows:

Str - 220
    Dex - 100
    Vitality - 150
    Energy - Default

20 Oak Sage, or 20 of the Spirit of Barbs (I am NOT sure please help on this)
    20 Wolverine, 20 Lycan.
    20 Fury, rest into Maul.

And a Defiance Merc, good to start at normal because it is very hard to level with my current level 80 Druid.

I think it would be good to have a different spirit, Oak Sage for high level, lots of life + the Defiance Merc. Or Spirit of Barbs, which is stronger in itself and damage reflection would be nice in hell? I donno. So what do you think?

Also with Bonehew you still do around 4-5k damage without a spirit or a Might merc.

2. Kairo Annunaki

Oh well.

Actually nevermind on that. I decided to go with Oak Sage + Defense Aura Merc from normal. And eventually if I ever do, a BoTD would give a good sum of say... 8k .. 9k.. 10k damage in hell. I say it's a good mix.

3. Grobyc

Grobyc IncGamers Member

I'm pretty sure you mean Werewolf and not Wolverine and I'm also pretty sure you mean Feral Rage and not Maul. Not sure if you want to use a 1 hand or 2 handed weapon.

4. Kairo Annunaki

Whoops. Lmao!

Yeah.

5. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

If you want to go with a Defiance mercenary you'll need a very high defence armor like Stone to really benefit from the extra defence. Also Spirit Of Barbs is not very good for a werewolf, so good call on the Oak Sage.

Maybe get another weapon than Bonehew...Bonehew is an excellent weapon but the dex requirements are a bit steep...maybe something that requires less dex so you can get some more vitality??

6. Generator Of Chaos

Generator Of Chaos IncGamers Member

assuming this is for PvM

Scrap the Spirit of Barbs, absolutely useless... (it's useless for PvP too so..lol)

Max Oak Sage, Lycanthropy, Werewolf and Fury. If you have points to dump into something else, dump in Heart of the Wolverine (sp?) or that vine that leechs life.

DO NOT put those much points into strenght, specially with that low life...
    Use a maul, they do not require Dex, put he minimum dex possible.

PUMP LIFE....Vitality = your good friend.

with a good weapon and fury dmg will sky rocket on it's own.

Use life leeching gear (and low mana leech..say 3% on some part of the gear?), 1 fury and you'll leech your life full...

Sorry for the telegram-like-post...

7. Kairo Annunaki

Yeah, PvM.

Awesome. Yeah I assumed SoB still sucks. Oak Sage kinda ticks me off as it gets hit and dies because it's a weak little turd.

So as you said...

Yeah.

20 Lycan, 20 Werewolf, 20 Oak Sage, 20 Fury, 1 Feral Rage to possibly 20?, and the rest into a life vine.

What I'm doing is re doing a ... well making another Werewolf now not deleting the one I had. It's going good so far, with the Defiance merc level 15 as I am 22. He should eventually catch up easily. Which is going to be better than a Defiance Hell merc.

I am assuming that if I had 2k armor base, and say he was level 99 that would give about 20k defense or if not more? That would be awesome + the Life in Oak sage, + resistances... god.

8. soepahslet

soepahslet IncGamers Member

what 2 do what 2 do...

i am building a druid 2 now lvl 87 but don't know what armor to use
    i'm thinking af a coh but then again a fortitude seems nice as welh
    i bought a jalal's helmet and a botd thundermaul 390% ed perf stast
    soul drainer gloves and war travelers as boots i must say the damage that i do in pvm blows my mind. but im skinking of buying a spirit keeper instead of jalal's ...
    the great amount of life en mana leech is taking care of the potions so i don't take potions at all and i have 5 wolves 5 crows and oak spirit witch dies althe time becous he is just a little flying wurm....

wfr

greetings lza-flora:flowers:

9. xpumafangx

xpumafangx IncGamers Member

Stick to what Generator Of Chaos said still wise and stat wise. Cheap good weapons are these, bonehew double shealed, ik mual double shealed, windhammer shealed, and upped ribcracker shealed. I perfer a perfect windhammer over any of the others. Then second I like upped ribby. Most people like ribbys.

pvm you want armor wise items that have a large amount of resist all, and a small amount of mana leech. You can suplament the life leech with just using feral rage with one point in it. Heres a get up that will do what im talking about thats cheap.

Jalals shealed,
    disapules full set,
    pick a weapon from up there
    1 ravenfrost ring
    and 1 duel leech ring with ar, or 1 manahealed ring.
    charms are alot of them with plus to life. Dont keep any other kind of charm.
    Those will give you a way to beat hell. You will die every now and then. But you will die alot less then you used to.

10. xpumafangx

xpumafangx IncGamers Member

Ebotd tm blows big time.

Jalals > spirit keeper.

Its which not witch.