Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

wolf/bear resistance question...

Discussion in 'Druid' started by F4IRACER12, Jan 30, 2004.

1. F4IRACER12

F4IRACER12 IncGamers Member

wolf/bear resistance question...

Would like to get some feedback from you druid experts out there on how to get good resist in hell while using a 2 handed weapon.

i plan on makin a druid next ladder season and everytime i have made a druid in single player , i could never get past act 1 hell really because of fire vampires and the things that shoot out the lightning balls, even though i had good equipment.

keep in mind that this will be a ladder character and will start out very poor just like everyone else. it seems like the paladin has the advantage of shields with innate resists and barbs have natural resists. everytime i made ia druid his resists sucked. i know what end equipment i want but that is very hard to achieve if you cant get past act1 and still do enough damage. and generally it is very hard to find good items especially since mellee is very equip dependent.

any input would be appreciated.......any werewolf or bears that made their characters untwinked and can solo hell alright, would love to hear from ya on stats and equip. have read most of the guides but those are generally written for people who have all equipment from their other characters. please share your wolf/bear experiences and success stories on ladder.....tnx

2. Arbedark

Arbedark IncGamers Member

Hi, i know this is a bit OT, but you mentioned next ladder season. Does anyone have an idea when the next ladder season will be? I lost internet connection for few months, so havent been on D2, all chars will be gone, and dont wanna start ladder for only a few days / weeks before it gets reset.

As for the main topic, i'd assume that most druid's achieve the required resists from SC's. 5 per Sc = 40 x 5 max - 200 resists with full inventory (check the math there, am WAY to tired to be trying that stuff). So you can get the res needed just from SC's, or UM in armour, Jalal's = resists built in...
    Cyclone armour would be a good idea as it absorbs the elemental damage, giving effective resistances.

Arb

3. F4IRACER12

as far as the ladder goes it's not gonna be anytime soon.....i think another couple of months of stale hacked duped ladder play is in order for us all...

i wish they would reset but sounds like majority of people out there think they should wait till evryone is 99 which will take years considering the first 99's were all played by a party of ppl.

state your opinion on blizzard forums.....but get ready to get flamed by 200 angry 12-13 yr olds

4. Lithan

Lithan IncGamers Member

Kinda pisses me off that if I want access to all the cool stuff blizzard adds to the game... I have to let them delete my characters every so often. Of course... the most fun in the game is building the character so it isnt so bad. I would like them to let me save my bnet characters as single player characters before a wipe though.

5. shaf

shaf IncGamers Member

I don't know if this is correct, but someone can refute it if it's way off. I heard that when they reset the ladder that your ladder characters are just moved to non-ladder. So your characters will remain in tact.

6. Arbedark

Arbedark IncGamers Member

Yeah thats right, the ladder chars are moved to the normal playing section after the ladder season ends, along with all that sweet new ladder only gear...but then again, wont make much difference to the pubbies, speciall with the hexes (are they still here) and other dupes / hacks anyway

Arb

7. Squatdog

Squatdog IncGamers Member

I find resists are actually less important for a Fury Druid because you are usually leeching so much and tend to have a lot of life to begin with.

One thing I find that helps is single resist GCs, which quite a few people will simply discard. If you get a 22 Cold resist GC(for example), it's the equivilent of having 3 7 cold resist SCs. Having a couple of these definately helps your resists, especially in Hell.

My Hardcore Druid has 65/75/75/25 in Hell with everything except my String and Jalals being found personally.

8. F4IRACER12

My Hardcore Druid has 65/75/75/25 in Hell with everything except my String and Jalals being found personally.[/QUOTE]

Would you mind listing your equipment squatdog........

i really enjoy playing the druid but getting equipment with him is fairly difficult compared to other chracters that i use since he is unable to get a lot of mf and not compromise killing or survival...

maybe its just me and maybe ive been very unlucky but my druid never found anything good......hard to find decent charms like life or resists, runes never seem to drop for me and lets not even get started on the weapons.

sometimes all you need is that 1 special drop to get ya started on trading like a shako or occy or tals ammy or something else valuable but for some reason even with a lotta runs im never able to get s h i t. i even tried wearing a lot of magic find....... and the results also were piss poor.

well anyway i got my next ladder char. chices down the ww druid or a hydrid assasin.

9. WolfGaladan

WolfGaladan IncGamers Member

My Druid has 85/75/75/80 in nightmare, without all his resist charms, his shield I think gives around +65 to all resists and he is wearing duriel's shell at the moment, with infernostride demonhide boots, and venom grips, I think he will have max resists in hell, but I'd rather have a good amount of dmg reduce, around 45% and some magic reduce items

Galadan :p

10. WolfGaladan

WolfGaladan IncGamers Member

Oh yea, and for the guys that are lightning enchanted, try out tgods

Galadan :p