Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Wolf Barb Questions

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by atmosphere, Mar 21, 2005.

1. atmosphere

atmosphere IncGamers Member

Wolf Barb Questions

I found the Wolfhowl helm from Meph this weekend and I've always wanted to make a Wolf Barb, or well at least for the like 5 months I've been playing D2 :D, so I thought I'll give it a go.

I'm not really sure on what gear to go for though. I've read the guide but it didn't go very much into detail on the equipment, good guide though :).
    I'm planning to use it alot for PvM and also PvP of course. I'm not nearly rich enough to use any expensive runewords so I'll use mostly Uniques I guess.

So, for weapon, what's more important, speed or damage?
    Or just simply, what's the best weapon that's not like EBotD :).

Also I'm not sure about the armor. I'm thinking either a Stone or an upgraded Shaftstop. Any advise?

The rest of the gear I'm pretty much set about.

I'm also thinking of solving the boredom of leveling the little sucker by just using a bow instead of hand weapon, wouldn't that eb sort of neat :)?

Thanks in advance

atmo

2. daGOOCHofDOOM

daGOOCHofDOOM IncGamers Member

wolf barb? never heard of it b4, is it when the barb is able to shapeshift to wolf or bear?

thx,
    da Gooch

3. atmosphere

yo

Yup, that's it. :)
    You get the skill from a Class Specific barb helm called Wolfhowl.

atmo

4. Beowulf

Beowulf IncGamers Member

MOre often then not with a druid character (which is what you become) speed is most important which is why most people use a 4xsheal griz caddy. I like stone as armor with the defence and can be made in a low str armor.

5. Zero-unit

Zero-unit IncGamers Member

Heh the reason why I didn't explain what combination of weapons and armors to use is becuase most people don't have one item or the other. So I suggested gear that would be best for you that you can combine. Now if your not using a Stormshield and you have no other source of damage reduction I would suggest Shaftstop becuase no matter what you always want to have 50% damage reduction around. Otherwise Stone for its great defense bonus. As for the weapons, all depends on what you can afford an what you perfer, either way both get the job done as long as your slower weapons are more powerful than your faster types. Normally faster weapons have the least damage. Finally about the leveling issue, that would be fine if you have the patience. Next time post in the guide heh heh.

[email protected]~

6. daGOOCHofDOOM

daGOOCHofDOOM IncGamers Member

is it really rare and difficult to find? cuz i think it would be pretty awsome to be a barb/druid.

da Gooch

7. RetroStar

RetroStar IncGamers Member

Really depends on the realm. I've found quite a lot over my MF runs.

8. atmosphere

Thanks for the avdice guys :thumbsup: .

I don't have a Storm but I could probably get one pretty easy through the trade forum here. I don't have a Griswold Caddy or a Stone either but I'll just trade for it somehow :).
    And with Stormshield and my Verdungo's belt I'll get 48% damage reduction, guess that will do :).

Thanks.

atmo