Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Woah, Hit by a Car.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by redneck hater, Mar 10, 2004.

1. redneck hater

redneck hater IncGamers Member

Woah, Hit by a Car.

Certainly a different day for me today.
    I had went down to the highschool track to watch this first track meet of the season. I was standing along a road (Supposed to be closed after school) talking to a couple friends of mine before the competition started.

As I was reaching into a friends backpack to get his notebook, I was hit pretty hard and instantly thrown to the ground. Don't remember exactly what happened, but when I got up I was missing a shoe(Got knocked off I guess), and had quite a large bruise on my knee cap, along with a truck parked along side me. Apparently the driver (person I knew) Thought I was screwing around with him, playing "chicken" and thought I'd move. Eh, I didn't even realize vehicles were allowed on that road after school. I wasn't hurt bad, just shaken up pretty bad. I'd say he was going about 7-10mph, but it sure as h*** scared me nearly to death. Ah well, Now that I look back on it, I guess it was my fault to some extent for standing on that road, (It's a one way 5 mph road with speed bumps that goes around the track outside) but "I thought you were playing chicken" is a pretty lame excuse too. Ah well, no one was hurt bad, so I can kinda laught at it, but has anyone else ever been hit?

2. Silvermyst

Silvermyst IncGamers Member

That's the weirdest game of chicken i've ever seen :lol:

3. redneck hater

I agree, that's probably the lamest excuse I've heard...Human playing chicken with car? Eh, not the brightest of ideas in my book.

4. Canadia142

Canadia142 Banned

haha I saw the name of the thread and then read your name and I pictured some guy in a flannel jacket and sweat pants getting hit by a car going 30 mph. Too bad my dream wasn't fulfilled :(

5. redneck hater

Well, if that was only about 10mph when I got hit, I honestly couldn't imagine 30...It'd be pretty bad getting hit with anything over 20 I'd say. 10mph was enough to send my sprawling, and quite a bump..

6. BooblestheDorf

BooblestheDorf Banned

You should have hit back

7. DurfBarian

DurfBarian IncGamers Member

Dude, seriously, did you report this ape to the police? Usually hitting people with a moving vehicle and admitting that you saw them before you plowed into them is a crime.

Who cares if you aren't hurt too bad? Pin this guy to the wall. He doesn't deserve a license or a car; get them taken away from him.

8. nnndave

nnndave IncGamers Member

Around here people jay-walk religiously, so everyone understands and everyone does it. People jump in front of cops to get to class on time, and they do nothing :lol:

sorry about that man, remember you always have to be carful though. Luckily you didn't learn it the HARD way...

9. Amra

Amra IncGamers Member

I agree with Durf.

Nail him hard.

Is there something you aren't telling us?

10. Anakha1

Anakha1 Banned

I also concur with Durf. I also say sue the bastard.

11. Broncobiv2

Broncobiv2 IncGamers Member

Well he knew the driver. Dunno if that means he was a friend or he just knew of him. But if it's a friend, or semi-friend, I don't think he'd want to nail the guy legally.

12. redneck hater

Alright, I knew the person who hit me. I won't call him a friend, but we do talk etc. I really don't care to report this to anyone just for the fact no one was hurt or anything. I honestly hate it when people sue/charge other people for minor/simple injuries. I don't care to do anything about it, although I did refuse to buy him lunch from Taco Bell today, heh. (kinda found that funny that he expected me to actually get him something for lunch and STILL no apology)

13. Killswitch Engage

Killswitch Engage IncGamers Member

You have like... no self esteem do you?

Report that little mother ****er you idiot.
    If you don't, then it's just too bad.

14. ItsaMeMario

ItsaMeMario IncGamers Member

Agreed, these are the same stupid teenagers who drive drunk with friends and end up killing multiple people.

15. redneck hater

...The more I think about it, I COULD...the whole track team watched it happen, so it's no problem with witnesses. I still don't think I'd feel right to do it...I'll put some thought into it though.

16. toader

toader Banned

Lol, I thought it was just americans who sued at the drop of a hat. I didnt realize it was canadians also. Im all for suing and what not if you need the money for bills/repairs/etc. But if your not hurt or need repairs etc...dont sue. Youll just be driving up the already stupidly high costs involved in our legal system and insurance companies.

But, I do think you should report the crime. Even if you dont sue, you can make the kid think about what he has done and maybe he will realize how NOT to act like an asshat while driving a car.

17. Nastie_Bowie

Nastie_Bowie Banned

More fun to kick his arse into next week.

18. MixedVariety

MixedVariety Banned

What kind of a friend are you, anyway? You refused to buy him lunch just because he hit you with a truck?

19. Raft Boy

Raft Boy IncGamers Member

No kidding. The least you could have done was to buy him a pop or something. :rolleyes:

Seriously, report this guy. Just because you're unharmed doesn't mean that the guy should get off free. He'll keep doing stupid things like this until it bites him in the ***. Better to stop him now before someone gets seriously hurt or killed.

-Rafty

20. DurfBarian

DurfBarian IncGamers Member

If you do know the guy and want to maintain some kind of relationship with him, then it does change what I said in my original post.

I still think he doesn't belong behind the wheel of an automobile, though.