Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Woah.. Best Mf ever

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by grauengel, Mar 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grauengel

grauengel IncGamers Member

Woah.. Best Mf ever

I must say, last night was by far my best ever for mf results. I got kind of bored of mfing meph and get zero results.. litterally i couldn't get hell meph to drop a unquie if i slept with him. so after 100 meph runs of nothing, i decided to try out pindle - seeing as all my friends seem to like him. ( never liked him since you have to kill him like 500 times to get a good item : ) so i decided to mf him for an hour to get rares in hopes of getting a nice ethereal to upgrade. anyhow i farmed him for 75 runs.. and i was simply amazed at what he gave me.. and all with such great stats too

6% arreat
    250% godfather
    8% windforce
    2 gaze
    valor (didnt id)
    levi 23%dr 44str
    25% mara
    tal armor
    unik ogre gloves which turned out to be really nice stats.. 60% with 17 str i think
    and those new asn boots with 24dex, 97%ed and +2skills

all that from 72 runs.. gosh all i can say is, screw meph, pindle is my new mf toy :D

2. annr

annr IncGamers Member

i seriously lol'ed there

3. Corndog

Corndog IncGamers Member

Congrats on the great run. Mf is based mostly on luck. Hopefully your luck will continue. I havent found that many good unique or set from Pindle in my hundreds (as in many hundreds) of runs. A few keepers here and there but nothing close to what you,ve found in 72 runs.

4. grauengel

grauengel IncGamers Member

yah ive been mfing him some more and im still finding great :D and i checked my steelrends, and they are 60%ed 19str! :D

5. Dahkar

Dahkar IncGamers Member

Any average player couldnt expect pindle to drop that in 2000 runs! GJ

6. Prez

Prez IncGamers Member

Sounds like a fish story to me...

I CAUGHT one this BIG.... (holding up hand spread wide apart!)

I seriously doubt you found all those godly, perfect stat elites in 75 (or was it 72? Better work on your story a bit more!) mf runs. Why some people feel the need to lie about stuff like that confounds me. To get attention I suspect. :scratch:

Prez

edit: Meph wouldn't drop if you slept with him...? If thats the case, what did you do for pindle? :surprise:

7. Matt

Matt IncGamers Site Pal

a 250% godfather eh? ;)

Wow, if you did find all that in 72 runs, congratulations, I am impressed, however, I must agree with Prez, thats a LOT of stuff, and all with near perfect stats for 72 pindle runs, no judgment here though.

-Matt

8. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

Damn dude, did you give up smoking, drinking, crack, or did someone piss in your Cheerios?

9. tootootoofar

tootootoofar IncGamers Member

Just wondering...How much MF did u have?

10. LuckyDwarf

LuckyDwarf IncGamers Member

Look at his history of posts. He's always like that.

Lucky

11. Prez

Prez IncGamers Member

Lucky
    I'm not "always like that". I simply call a spade a spade. If you can't tell the truth than expect to get flammed.

This doesn't even qualify as a good lie...

How many perfect arreats, perfect grandfathers, perfect windforces, near perfect steelrends, etc have you found? Not to mention he found them in 75 or 72 runs off pindle. So if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, walks like a duck...it must be a duck!

Prez

12. Dahkar

Dahkar IncGamers Member

Yeah, an example of a good lie is: Luckydwarf does not want to sleep with Dahkar!

13. Corndog

Corndog IncGamers Member

I wasnt nearly as direct as Prez, but I guess that was my point exactly. You could easily add a 0 to the runs he has done and I probably have exceeded that pretty easily and have less good finds from Pindle then him. I just for the facts have 407 MF.

14. ventilator

ventilator IncGamers Member

Ok, assuming he's got 700%MF the chances to drop from pindle when you kill him for the items he found are as follows according to the diablo2.de drop calc:

Arreat's Face: 1:21788
    The Grandfather: 1:18109
    Windforce: 1:18109
    Vampire Gaze: 1:16510
    Arkaine's Valor: 1:15155
    lLeviathan: 1:11138
    Mara's: 1:30453
    Tal armor: 1:5114
    Steelrend: 1:20899
    Shadow Dancer: 1:20899

This sounds very reasonable to me and fits in with my observations in around 2k pindleruns as well. Who are you to call him out when you probably haven't even tried the item fountain that is called pindle yourself? Tstststs

15. Randal.Flag

Randal.Flag IncGamers Member

Prez is right, I would say anyone who has run pindle knows what he can and will drop. I would rather believe a dual gf drop than that story. :)

16. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

Ok, I understand the "unlikelyness" of these numbers and findings but its not a good thing to flat out accuse peeps of stuff over his post. Drops anymore dont suprise me in the least, i have had soooooo much crap fall that never fell for me before and multiples I had only had fall once before.

My comment basically to Prez was tieing this thread and another about duped runes together. Neither of these posts warranted the aqusations, but I see no reason that a "quiet suspision" wouldnt be appropriate or a query into things.

Hell, i would be the first person to smack down on someone with an obvious lie or lameness, or dupe issue but ........wow!

17. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

You can throw big odds around all you want, but boil it down to simple facts "chit happens" and I see no basis to accuse!

18. TopheavyHookjaw

TopheavyHookjaw IncGamers Member

Take it as you wish.

The fact is it could be a lie...or it could be true and we'll never know for sure.

Is it possible, hell ya. I've been in Vegas and watched a guy roll 7 14 times in a row. It was pretty damn amazing ... and that was with 0% MF :lol:

After all, some people do win the powerball and the odds there are pretty damn astronomical.

As one of my stats professors was so found of saying, "Possibility and probability are not the same thing."

Is is happy hour yet? :drink:

19. BaNiSeR

BaNiSeR IncGamers Member

nice, assuming he did that, which is possable truth be told, then why hacnt i even found a single set/unique in the ancient tunnels in all the runs of them ive done lol

the only reasons i go there are:
    -no ranged attackers

-great EXP for my assasin...i got her to 80 just running to the tunnels and then the tunnels them selves

-suposably a tc85 area or whatever tis called

-suposable a good droping area, oh well, revert back to number two on why i go here :p

-oh, did i mention no range dattackers??

now i have a couple reasons to not go there and to do the pits instead:
    -often times lightning immunes

-crap drops for me

hmm, i guess thats it, ah well, ill keep on killing them tunnel dwelers! no way is my assasin sleeping with meph or worse with pindle to get good items! lol

20. Prez

Prez IncGamers Member

I'd say this qualifies in the "obvious lie" catagory.

Besides, we aren't just talking about the odds of getting these items...we are talking then about getting a PERFECT stat item. How many GF's have to drop to get a perfect one? So the odds keep piling up.

Basically anyone that believes this guy probably still believes in the tooth fairy, white knights, santa clause, and happily ever afters...

Get real folks.

Prez

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.